PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Methoxetamine Subthread] I.M. Injection

TheVanu

Greenlighter
This is the Methoxetamine I.M. (Intramuscular) Injection Subthread

If you are looking for the I.V. subthread it can be found here

And a link to the Big & Dandy Thread can be found here.

[original post:]

I'm just curious if anyone has tried injecting methoxetamine or knows if it is water soluble? I just got some a few days ago and I've been wanting to try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean IM or IV? People have IM'd MXE to pretty good effect. Not sure about IVing though...And it is indeed water soluble.

I was really talking about either one, but would there be a reason to do it IM rather than IV?

Be carefull though. there has already been one death, in sweden, from IV MXE+MDAI.
It´s probably not as safe as ket to inject.

I IM it pretty much all day everyday 10-25mgs at a time.. Dont notice any bad side effects eceot sore muscles and now not even that thanks to rotating between legs and arms

i iv it, but it's strong and lasts long and its easy to black out and do crazy PCP like things. so be careful.

plus if ur like me and keep redosing, u build a tolerance quickly and then ruin ketamine bc of cross tolerance

i IV it as well. i use small doses. everyday for a week then stop.

repeat as needed. this is for therapeutic effects.....but of course some recreational effects creep their way in, hehe.

it is worth noting that im an IV vet. not a newb in any fashion. i would suggest just using it sublingually. unless you have a very small amount or are just wanting to go balls crazy i see no reason to IV it. for me its just a ROA i am comfortable with.

I tried to dilute it in water but it remained in powder form. Must heat be applied?

So stirring the fuck out of it finally dilutes it? Next shipment I will definitely try that. I'm a diabetic so needles are no problem. I used to IV coke which was a very bad thing, so I seriously doubt that I will administer it in that fashion. As for an IM injection, how many milligrams do you suggest I try? My tolerance level is fairly high considering I did 8 g in the span of all month and a half. I am guessing 50 mg? also, does the needle have to go directly into a muscle, or do you suppose I can put it in my stomach? Thanks for any and all responses!

I successfully diluted 10 mg in 0,15 ml water (give and take), 0,10 ml was not enough.
The water was room temperature

I snorted, i.m.'ed, and i.v.'ed methoxetamine. It's just a matter of getting the right dosing.

3-MeO-PCP ~ PCP (~ 1 : 1)
PCM ~ PCP (~0.8-0.9 : 1)
PCE > PCP (~1.5-2 : 1) etc. etc.

15mg of PCE HCl snorted is enough to wipe me away into a "PCE-Hole". For my first methoxetamine dose I used potency relationships like these above + some known SARs. ~100mg of methoxetamine HCl is enough for me intranasally to put me in a "MXE-Hole". I started from 50mg when i.m.'ing (I actually prefer to inject such drugs i.m. than snorting them if I'm alone, e.g. If I was to go out, I would snort ketamine and if I was to stay home, I would inject ketamine).

Metabolism of MXE is like this: 2-carbonyl group is reduced 2-hydroxy, methyl is cleaved ("cloven" if you prefer) at 3', so there's probably 3'-HO-MXE present (3'-HO-PCP is 5-8 as strong as 3'-MeO-PCP), and of course deamination to N-normethoxetamine. 2-(ethylamino)-2-(3-hydroxyphenyl)cyclohexanone would be stronger or I'm missing something with 2-carbonyl arylcyclohexylamines... Why methoxy at 3 and not hydroxy? For weighting purposes?

Methoxetamine is more potent than ketamine on a miligram basis, I figured out (no substituent at ortho position, N-ethyl instead of N-ethyl, m[/]-methoxy ~ no substituent = no wonder). Anyway, SAR of 2-carbonyl arylcyclohexylamines is quite different than if there was nothing. I can inject intramuscularly 100mg of ketamine to go K-Holing. With MXE I can snort 100mg of it but ~70mg injected i.m. is enough and ~50-60mg i.v.'ed is enough.

Intravenous injection is almost always equal to immediate black-out for dissociatives. With intramuscular injection you've got like 1-2 minutes to pull out the needle from your muscle and put a cover on the needle so you don't hurt yourself while X-holing (although one mostly doesn't move at all).

*2-carbonyl concerns cyclohexane ring
3'-methoxy, 3'-hydroxy etc. concern phenyl ring

I successfully diluted 10 mg in 0,15 ml water (give and take), 0,10 ml was not enough.
The water was room temperature

Why would you need such a concentrated solution? For intraspinal injection? ;) You may inject 5ml max in your thigh or upper outer part of your buttock. And the amount of solution given intravenously has no limits (well, for like 100ml of some solution with electrolytes you just need to have it injected very slowly).

Last edited:
Alright subthreaded it - really it was to be expected that these subthreads would arise so let me announce that they are each going their separate ways - this will save us a lot of trouble in the future. :)

100mg IM is best %)

IV was too intense for me, heheh

Nice with amphetamines tho.

IM is hands down the best way to dose IMO. When I first started I'd do 30 mg shots at a time but I've moved up to 45 mg since, occasionally 50. It's a very reliable and easy way to dose and the intensity is steadier than nasal and sublingual dosing.

I found IM to be a little over the top, when I can just do like I do with K and mix a bit into lemonade (kemonade ;) ). I find that after even one IM of MXE that the selected muscle becomes tender. Mxemonade ftw