Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Methoxetamine habit: 3 month of daily use

Frogster

Bluelighter
Hi all,

thought that i should report on my methoxetamine habituation that now lasts for more than 3 month.

Usage pattern:

- 20 - 30 mg nasally every 2 hours during the day, summing up to around 100 mg a day. Alternative routes for light doses (10 - 30 mg), sublingual and oral work evenly well. Repeated insufflations can lead to dry nostrils, so that mxe absorbtion can be delayed. On this level, mxe is no where psychedelic, rather a handy mood booster with a nice twist.

- large doses >70 mg i do only rarely and in suitable settings, as the experience is a lot more psychedelic and offers something for the psychonaut (see 100 mg experience).

Long term physiologic effects:

I have so far noticed three different changes in pysiology:

- I suspect a supressive action of mxe on adrenal glands. I came to this conclusion as i have noticed subjective decresing levels of epinephrine and norepinephrine. Further a change in appetite towards a less fatty, more carbed diet. Finally i observed a heavier inflammatory impact on immune activation.

- Attenuation of parasymphatic activity, leading to a reduction of peristalsis eventually leading to obstipation and blocking the digestion induced tiredness.

- Increase in blood-pressure and constriction of peripheral blood vessles. This could also be a secondary effect of adrenal disregulation.

Despite the mentionned effects, it seems that mxe is rather well tolerated by the body.

Long term psychologic effects:

- Habit forming. Oh yes, it definitely is. As things begin to get bored (and that happens all the time), i feel tempted to do some mxe. At first i really enjoyed the relaxed "I feel great" state it put me in. But slowly, tolerance began to rise and i just felt "normal" when on mxe and "fucking grumpy bored" when not on mxe.

- Psychologically addictive. Well, i put myself off mxe a week ago when i finally noticed that mxe (like all other drugs) is in the end not THE cure for depression, even if it sometimes put me in longer states of hypomania that made me fulfil quite a bit of difficult tasks (thanks for that mxe btw). I am missing the mxe feel and i still long for it. Thanks to my Piracetam medication it's useles to do mxe atm while on Piracetam. Piracetam kills all the enjoyable effects of mxe and seems (at least for me) to offer a way out. I never had a Ketamine habit, but i imagine that withdrawal whise, k would behave similarly.

In retrospective, i would say that mxe can in higher doses offer fascinating dissociative experiences that can be mind-blowing and -changing. My feel is that mxe experiences tend to point strongly to the positive side. There is nonetheless a hidden "evil edge" that can manifest itself, nothing that an experienced psychonaut can't overcome tho. In lower doses, mxe offers still great mood boosting antidepessive properties for acute use or on occasion every now and then . What mxe is definitely unable of, is offering a long term treatment option for chronic depression or being a wonder tonic. Guys with bipolar should stay off chronic mxe use as mania induction is a well documented side effect of mxe. Please stay on your Lithium.

Methoxetamine: Big Pro's, big Con's and still a great drug! Nr.1 of dissociatives?

Stay safe,

<3:)<3

Last edited:
What do you mean by pysionomy?

Parasymphatic activity?

I don't understand some of the things you're saying. I appreciate your experience but you may want to clean it up a little bit.

Oh I'm sorry. "Symphatic" through me off. I know of the Parasympathetic/Sympathetic nervous systems.

Have you noticed physical withdrawal symptoms? I've heard it works on opiate receptors in some way.

my bad, translated flawly from german "parasymphatisch" it should spell parasymphathetic...

no real withdrawal symptoms, only kinda rebound depression if that counts.

Opioid withdrawal is a whole different story, i wouldn't dare compare it to it. In terms of pain, it would mean to compare a mosquito bite to being tossed with boiling water if you know what i mean ;)

Last edited:
boiling water that has the ability to freeze and boil again seventy times within 1 minute. been a long time since i shot dope and i would like to keep it that way.

Methoxetamine gave me rebound depression and profound nasty deep fucking confusion from only a few days use although it was interspersed with ketamine use. Anyway I appreciate the mild peripheral effects i.e. feeling comfy and mentally sharp (while cognitively being the opposite of sharp) but have grown to immensely dislike the effects at higher doses and the after-effects. I would rather give my remaining product away.

I have a strong feeling MXE is primarily a dopamine reuptake inhibitor and NMDA antagonist rather than solely the latter. It would defintely explain the subjective euphoric effects and habituation.

Also weight loss, withdrawals, confusion, psychosis etc. Compare: cocaine, amphetamine, MDPV withdrawals.

Seems to me they should come up with a better analogue that's similar to ketamine but with a duration similar to methoxetamine or even DXM, with less dopaminergic effects.

I'm sure it can be done.

Which part of the Ketamine Molecule is responsible for the NMDA antagonism? Is the chloro of any real importance? I noticed 2-(3-methoxyphenyl)-2-(ethylamino)cyclohexanone has what looks like the MeO group in place of the chlorine? What was the general purpose of augmenting the structure in this way?

Forgive my ignorance in these matters but I'm trying to learn.

With(±)-2-(2-Chlorophenyl)-2-(methylamino)cyclohexanone it seems the main similarity is the cyclohexanone group. I'm assuming this is responsible for NMDA antagonism but I really have no clue. *Runs off to wikipedia to get knee deep for a while*

*Puts on pot of coffee*

I'm looking in your direction Sekio, I know you're a vast treasure trove of knowledge on matters like these.

;)

More or less all the parts work together to give it that nice effects profile, it was designed for the anaesthesia - the emergence aspect was just a welcome side-effect of that. But still the effects we like and those wanted in medicine probably lie close together right? Otherwise wouldn't they use tiletamine or something to knock someone out?

Anyway you want to talk arylcyclohexylamine SAR...

Apparently the chloro group decreases potency but may enhance analgesic activity

( http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/pcp/sar.html )

I have a feeling that 'analgesia' doesn't completely cover it and both the chloro and the 2-oxo are important for it's effects.
Going from N-methyl to N-ethyl does improve the potency but it may also be one of the reasons for monoamine activity. No idea whether N-propyl would make an improvement for ketamine. At least not for potency, but who knows about other properties.

If we hijack this thread to dream about this I say make 2-chloro-'2-oxo-PCPy (don't know if that nomenclature is valid but I mean the positions used in ketamine).
Too much fucking up of the structure just seems to head it in the wrong directions.

I don't know if tiletamine is bound to be as gross at it sounds by the thienyl ring but perhaps it is just too much of a good thing so to speak, and removing the oxo/carbonyl and going from N-ethyl to N-methyl would do it right.

Anyway if you want NMDA antagonism badly why not investigate the available PCP analogues like 4-MeO? I think there is more to be found there. Oh I just remembered it has dopamine activity though... :\

There is more place in ADD for this type of discussion though.

I don't think frogster appreciates very much that we go off-topic like this so editing and re-posting it in a thread like this is better:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=503269

Last edited:
Methoxetamine gave me rebound depression and profound nasty deep fucking confusion from only a few days use although it was interspersed with ketamine use. Anyway I appreciate the mild peripheral effects i.e. feeling comfy and mentally sharp (while cognitively being the opposite of sharp) but have grown to immensely dislike the effects at higher doses and the after-effects. I would rather give my remaining product away.

I just wanted to add that you are not alone with having rebound depression after a day of MXE. Also the tail end of MXE makes me feel very uncomfortable, most of my friends say they have an opiate like high, on the tail end of MXE my body temperature fluctuates and I feel very restless and sometimes even slightly paranoid. I mean MXE is alright but I feel as though I may just stick to ketamine now a days.

Last edited:
I haven't noticed rebound depression with MXE, but i haven't used it frequently. Maybe half a dozen times since the end of March. I did notice a mood lift for a day or two following most experiences though. This was most pronounced when i took 35mg & accidentally dozed off during the come up. Wavered back & forth between sleep & MXE land for a few hours on the couch, then got up & went to bed for some proper sleep about 6hrs later. Still felt slightly disoriented when i went to bed. Despite not getting all that much (real) sleep that night i awoke early & was much more motivated than usual, and finished several things i'd been putting off. The mood lift & increase in motivation slowly waned over the following week or two. Don't know if i can fully attribute it to the drug, but if i were a betting man that's where my money would be ;)

shit....sounds like you guys prefer ketamine by far. i still want to try mxe but i have heard it SUCKS from people that were hoping it would be like K. others enjoy it and use it for depression. the rebound depression worries me. however i did get that with K too.

i feel its the best thing thats ever existed. way better than k. more euphoric

Not tried K yet, but 4-meo-pcp was much more profound in its effects than mxe. It was fully immersive, and it certainly felt very dissociating, almost overwhelming. Mxe felt very shallow in comparison, no doubt it was a nice high, but it never felt fully dissociating. I only have one trial with it so far, so I can't write it off yet.

From what I can tell from anecdotal evidence,
MXE is the most "more-ish", psychotic, euphoric, "speedy" (more dopamine activity) and very potent (~4x k). This leads to it being more addictive and a better "market drug".
Ketamine is more dissociating and less dopamine-focused, and less potent, which could easily lead to it being mistaken for a "weaker drug".
4-MeO-PCP is even more dissociating and slightly less dopaminergic, but very fat soluble. This leads to a long, extended experience.

Thats the thing with 4-meo-pcp, residual effects linger for a long time. I didn't mind it, but these effects seem to hang around for about 24hours after initial dose. I have never redosed with it, but I imagine a potential multi-day hangover.
Too bad the current batches are of questionable purity, or contaminated with pcc. Its a great drug imo, despite the side-effects.
Makes me wonder if 4-meo-pce would be an interesting compound..

As for mxe, I will examine at higher doses and see if it goes anywhere.
3-meo-pcp was good as well, though very different from the former two.

This is not unlike a DXM habit. I found DXM to be far less harmful to the body than generally advertised, and experienced no withdrawals when I stopped (the continuous dosing - I still dose whenever I feel like it). Did you experience any significant withdrawals with MXE?