Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Methoxetamine Discussion Thread

Zakalwe

Bluelighter
I recently had a friend visit from Australia (I live in Scotland) and whilst she was here she tried some of the ketamine analogue methoxetamine, which she thoughly enjoyed. Now that she's gone back home I've been asked to find out what its legal status is in Australia, but there seems to be no easilly accessible information that's relevant.

So does anybody here know if its specifically scheduled? Or alternatively whether ketamine's subject to an analogue law which would cover methoxetamine as well? I think the latter is far more likely given how novel it is, but it'd be appreciated if someone could clear it up for me.

Cheers.

It doesn't appear to be scheduled specifically under the DoHaA substances requiring import and or export authorisations, however, I'm pretty sure it would be covered under the analogues act. If it's not, then I'm sure it soon will be because of this thread............. :\

Its a good point.It would be good to have a real answer if anybody does?
itss a current RC and google automatically now ads "in" australia when you search for "buy drugname.." for most current legal high store drug names. this thread will pop up when searched for because of "methoxetamine"and "Australia" when google does its daily browse of BlueLight

So people will know if they're looking for trouble if they attempt an import of it.

Its had media attention also, and one death in europe from 400mg MDAI and 100mg MXE being injected at the same time.

How close is it to Ketamine? Someone with chem knowledge come forth

^ Apparently it has a higher affinity for the the opioid mu receptor then ketamine, at least that's what people have posted in OD.

Given that we have an incredibly broad analogue act here, and adding in the fact that methoxetamine is structurally fairly close to ketamine, it would be be considered a Schedule 8 drug under federal law.

Ah well, I knew that if there was an analogue law dealing with arylcyclohexylamines then methoxetamine would be a dead letter but I didn't know how wide-ranging your analogues act was. By comparison, UK drug law is a hodgepodge of specific proscriptions and analogue-style provisions which make for plenty of loopholes.

Thanks for the replies, I'll check back later in case anyone adds more specific information.

1) It is an arylcyclohexylamine i.e. structurally related to PCP and ketamine (could well be argued it is an analogue of ketamine and PCP) You'll find the analogue legislation in the Federal Criminal Code 1995 under section 314.

2) Authorities in Aus already know about methoxetamine

3) It was 'invented' by a well known Bluelighter

4) It has very high addiction potential

5) At least one other OD has been reported outside of Aus...details to come.

Edit: added this link

I'm surprised Lil thinks mentioning it here will cause it to be banned. I hate to say it, but Aus DD is way behind the eight ball when it comes to announcing new drugs. Methoxetamine is already well and truly available in Australia, and authorities are likely to have been aware of it from the moment it was talked about in OD.

^^^
I think I need to post here more often because my off centre sense of humour seems to have been misinterpreted. :(

Jeez, I'm sure I once had a similar sense of humour....:? it must be that most awful of progressive illnesses again - age :| where the broad mind and narrow waist change place. Sorry Lil, I guess your emoticon also threw me.

1) It is an arylcyclohexylamine i.e. structurally related to PCP and ketamine (could well be argued it is an analogue of ketamine and PCP) You'll find the analogue legislation in the Federal Criminal Code 1995 under section 314.

2) Authorities in Aus already know about methoxetamine

3) It was 'invented' by a well known Bluelighter

4) It has very high addiction potential

5) At least one other OD has been reported outside of Aus...details to come.

Edit: added this link

I'm surprised Lil thinks mentioning it here will cause it to be banned. I hate to say it, but Aus DD is way behind the eight ball when it comes to announcing new drugs. Methoxetamine is already well and truly available in Australia, and authorities are likely to have been aware of it from the moment it was talked about in OD.

Thats exactly the information I was looking for, thanks. Given how tight Australia's drug laws seem to be I'm not suprised the authorities are already aware of it. I wasn't aware much had been established on how addictive it was though, beyond the well-established opiate action. I had read about the Scandanavian OD case; neither me nor the friend I was asking for ever would have likely have been in a position to IM/IV methoxetamine (alone or in combination with MDAI as the person in Sweeden did) but it still gives pause for thought.

I actually stumbled across that article whilst doing my own reading, the progression from vague de ja vu to certain recognition I got reading through the chemists biographical details was pretty surreal, his infamous 3-meo-pcp experience was one of the first posts I ever read on bluelight.

mine was opened and let through.
weird stuff

i feel scared in a non-K away but just im treading into territory not that researched. whole body goes freezing cold and its fucked when u re dose. stick to oral i reckon. sniffing it is shit.

60mg oral was enough for me to get to a dissociative place and i normally need 2pts of pure k to feel anything, or half a gram-.7g to hole properly snorted.

very opiate feel mixed with a feel of pcp with the weird introsoective machine / systems mind of K.. past k memories came out.. i havent tried higher yet due to the being so so cold when its 27 degrees room temp.. even a fan was making me cold and usually i need aircon and fans on me at all times

it is shitting all over lyrica, oxycontin and other drugsd ive tried for pain at the time. even has a glint of GABA activity going on kind of like low dose G.

Im just scared of getting some bone disorder doing all the weird ass rituals that basically look like seizures to anyone else that i do during K and can never stop the loop of.. already have some unaligned l;inky, back and neck pain from seizing on K and other drugs.

Ha ha, that's why I sneakily browse the other boards on BL.

And I have to get my chemistry fix from other sites. ;)

Mxe for the win

anyone else in audd tried mxe ????

i've just sampled some tonight.

snorted about 30-40mg.

feels wicked as. got audio/visuals and a very nice warm opiate feeling euphoria.

i think this is gonna be my newest DOC.

goodbye shardie

Hellow new friend mxe :p

Isn't it supposed to be a similar high to Ketamine?

^ Similar, but with increased binding to the mu opioid receptor apparently, though I haven't really seen anything solid on it's pharmacology.

The trip reports I've read all seem positive though. :)

Can I have a few more details on MXE, if Headdah says it could be his new DOC it definitely intrigues me.

A ketamine like high with an opiate buzz. sounds interesting.

I take its illegal under analogue laws?

the only reason it'd be illegal is the similar effect clause(or whatever:|)

it's structurally somewhat different from ket and pcp

Threads merged and title changed. Let's make this the methoxetamine discussion thread. Remember absolutely no discussion of where/how to source the substance will be tolerated, and as mentioned it is illegal under the analogue legislation.

it's structurally somewhat different from ket and pcp

It's close enough that it could be considered a chemically related analogue, instead of that crappy 'pharmacological effect' clause.