• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Methcathinone Crystals

Stop bickering, this isn't a ball-sizing exercise. I ask because I don't know, no other reason. Knowledge isn't intelligence. The great thing about it is if you share it, you still have it. Go smoke some DMT and consider whats important. If you respect the person, then maybe you should learn, if you don't, why would it bother you?

Didn't mean to sound brusque to you in particular, haribo1, but your time would in all honesty probably be better spent with
N-hydroxy-methamphetamine (FLEAICE).

phenyl-2-propanone + N-hydroxylmethylamine + sodium cyanoborohydride in MeOH --> fleaice

I have epilepsy so I don't thing doing fleaice would be smart. Whats so special about that compound anyway? I would imagine in interconverts in the body to methamphetamine. Interesting, please share...

Not particularly special.
Perhaps less illegal than meth.
Better than methcathinone.

I don't think it would be legal anywhere 1st world. Also, it's more difficult to make. You can reduce methylamine and a ketone using boring old NaBH4.

No, haribo1, you can reduce MDP2P (which has 2 very electron withdrawing oxygen atoms) with NaBH4. P2P requires NaCNBH3; not to worry, it isn't hard to use either just a bit more hazardous. Likewise, N-hydroxylmethylamine is just as friend as methylamine, if not more so. Yes, I am a chemist, but no, not a practicing one.

If you reflux MeOH, acetone, NaBH4 and methylamine, you will get isopropyl alcohol and unreacted methylamine and MeOH as the products, not 2-methylaminopropane. Make sense? Good.

I didn't say N-hydroxy-methamphetamine is legal; I said it is LESS ILLEGAL than methamphetamine, a true statement. Have you ever heard of the Federal Mandatory Minimum Sentencing Act?; only certain, specific compounds--methamphetamine included--fall under its range. N-OH-METH is not one of them.

If you have epilepsy, then methcathinone will be just as dangerous for you as well, but I doubt either would hurt you.

Methamphetamine/FLEAICE *might* work with just NaBH4 because their phenyl ring is slightly electron withdrawing, but you can NOT do the same thing with just any ole ketone in the world.

Last edited: