• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Methcathinone Crystals

Paregoric Kid

Bluelighter
if someone were to get methcathinone that had been dried wrong (ie didn't form crystals) what would a person have to do to make it form crystals or at least something snortable? it's gooey, goopy but I'm pretty sure it's the real deal as swim has had the chance to smoke the goo in a crack pipe and it seemed alright. yes I know methcathinone is shit and crap and nothing like real meth, I'm not interested in anything about it's potency as a drug or anything like that, just would like to hear how it would be possible to turn the goo into crystals. would washing it with acetone do anything?

Last edited:
crystals

if you've got goo...well you got goo. If there's anything to be had from it, then disolving the goo in ethanol and adding ether until it becomes cloudy then leaving it in the freezer overnight should give one a crystals, or at least a solid. If you get a solid, you can disolve that in ethanol and let it slowly evaporate. If this doesn't work, you've got shitty goo. Goo that I would avoid, if the idiot that made it and sold it has no conscience, because the reagents and side products can be super toxic. I've see some nice cathinone and it's quite pretty.

Super toxic?... Well, maybe; i'd only be REALLY concerned if it were green (or orange!) goo. That indicates there's probably some Cr3+ left over from the common oxidation process... mm, chromium.

Paregoric Kid said:
if someone were to get methcathinone that had been dried wrong (ie didn't form crystals) what would a person have to do to make it form crystals or at least something snortable? it's gooey, goopy but I'm pretty sure it's the real deal as swim has had the chance to smoke the goo in a crack pipe and it seemed alright. yes I know methcathinone is shit and crap and nothing like real meth, I'm not interested in anything about it's potency as a drug or anything like that, just would like to hear how it would be possible to turn the goo into crystals. would washing it with acetone do anything?

if u got metcat like this, just eat it.

You could acid base it, but be careful - only make it VERY SLIGHTLY basic for the polar extraction step, and for as short as possible a time, because MethCat readily forms a completely NON-psychoactive orange-colored dimer in basic solution.

From what I've read....

The dimer it forms is kind of hard on the body isn't it? It's orange, and so is the chromate (possibly). Chances are if you have some colour in your goo, it's due to the dimer. The chromium is probably trace, and who knows what colour it changes to during the oxidation. I remember reading those recipes on Rhodium years ago, probably when they were first posted...they were and still are terrible. The best part of that collection of articles is the one that ends with "oxidizing cold meds makes for lousy drugs anyways..." That should be put at the beginning of the paragraph. Anyways, I remember specifically reading that the cat. base is stable in chlorinated solvents such as CHCl3 or CH2Cl2, this was some old journal, I can't remember if they gave a reason for this, but they did state the dimer formed quickly in all of the other solvents they used.

Correct, there is no chromium (Cr) in permanganate (KMnO4).

However the chromates are less harsh oxidation agents, and are a better choice than permanganate IMO.

^wow, you must feel pretty special.

and an xtal is recrystallized MDMA shards, not methcathinone.

How does "crys" sound like "x"?

Last edited:
actually its slang for "any" kind of crystal you fat bastard. please dont post any more pictures of your ugly ass online, i hate when i go to look at pictures and see some fat hairy dumbfucks balls right infornt of my screen.

^That would be an embarassing way to get caught if you ever did anything illegal!

Just out of curiosity, whats methcathinones effects like, compared with say amphetamine? Methylone, the cathinone analog of MDMA (Methylone) is supposed to be almost indentical to the parent compound.

Isn't methylone quite much softer than MDMA? Could imagine that metahcathinone would be bit softer than meth also...

From what I hear methcathinone has quite a bit more beta-adrenergic activity than methamphetamine, though I've never used either. My guess is it would feel anything but "soft".

Helios. said:
^wow, you must feel pretty special.

and an xtal is recrystallized MDMA shards, not methcathinone, dumbass.

First, cut this shit out, just insulting people for the sake of it will get you a warning p.d.q.

Second, before you open your mouth, make sure what you're saying is correct; 'xtal' is a shorthand way of expressing 'crystal' or xtaline - crystalline for ANY compound whether or not it is a drug. It is definitely not specific to MDMA.

I could have used that to be scathingly sarcastic, but didn't as I want the posts in ADD to be about advanced issues, not flaming people.

HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR?

Nice self-ownage there Helios.
Yes. X is a shortening of crys due to the way it sounds. Thus, xtal.

Yes, the methcathinone I had a few years ago was a white goo. Adding a bit of baking soda caused it to dry into flakey powder - no extraction necessary. An attempt to smoke the goo resulted in it turning into a tar-like goo and stink like shit (needless to say, I never inhaled). The powder was smokable and effective.

And no, it is actually very hard to compare it to meth. It is a stimulant alright - on par with MDPV/low-dose Methylphenidate in terms of intensity I'd say, but less euphoric than all these. It also made me really, really stupid. And I mean tangibly so: I went for a walk and found myself taking wrong turns without realizing it! I think this shit might appeal to the Alcohol crowd.

So methcathinone is quite inferior to methamphetamine? Interesting. Methylone is almost the same as MDMA from the reports I have read. I suppose thats why there are mainly meth labs and not methcathinone labs although methcathinone is safer to produce. What yields can one expect from the CrO3 oxidation route? I guess KMnO4 is a little brutal yielding phenyl acetic acid as a side-product. As I've pointed out elsewhere, there exists a single-step reduction of phenyl alanine to dextroamphetamine. You need to use tris tetrafluorophenyl phosphine and some DIBAL reative. You could make alpha methyl tryptamine. It's probably not economic for speed, but AMT is rather stronger and more valuable so it may be worthwhile.

Yes, methcathinone is far inferior.

fastandbulbous,
how about repeating that for come_unity?
she started it.