• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine not working as well since switching from snorting to smoking

jp117

Greenlighter
Hey everyone,
I'll preface this by saying that I've done a frustrating amount of research and come up basically empty handed for the questions I'm about to ask.

I've been using Methamphetamine regularly for about three months. I hardly ever binge--as in stay up longer than 24 hours on it-- but I have a few times. My preferred ROA until now has been snorting, but I figured I would give smoking a try to see the difference in effect, as I've read and been told that's a more euphoric high, but also to give my nostrils a break. When snorting, I probably would go through about 1.5-2 grams a week, although that might be a bit modest for some weeks. This was using almost every day, with day long breaks here and there. I liked snorting, especially while being so new to the substance, because it made it easy to keep track of how much I was actually doing at a time.

When I tried smoking for the first time, I put a decent shard (bigger than one I would have crushed up and snorted) in my bubble and smoked it. I know I used the proper technique, and I didn't burn the Ice. Surprisingly, 3-4 hits I found it to be less potent, almost negligible compared to snorting. I would take 3-4 hits periodically through out the day and still came to the same conclusion, which is very perplexing to me. It's definitely not a question of quality, I've used the same supplier the entire time and when I snort this stuff it gives me roughly the desired effect. I've also tested it a variety of ways for purity out of an abundance of caution.

I know I should be taking more frequent breaks, but even with that being accounted for I feel like I should be getting something more out of smoking it. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
You said you didn't burn any, but how are you heating the bubble - with a torch or with a lighter?

I've found that you make bigger clouds when you slowly heat it up, as opposed to torching it.

Also, welcome to Bluelight :)

Thank you! I'm heating it gradually with a bic lighter, holding it about an inch below the bubble. I initially held it much to close and torched the ice, then did some research and learned my lesson. I'm getting substantial clouds as well, comparable to ones I've seen in videos, which is another reason I'm kind of perplexed.

Last edited:
Snorting is way better than smoking it

Pipe smoking = shitty. Least effective way to get a massive rush.

Taste is disgusting. If I was going to I would mix with wax or hash oil and dab on a skillet.

Thus far I feel like I prefer snorting over smoking. It seems that with smoking I'm going through it faster without as much bang for my buck. The stuff I have only has a slight taste unless I accidentally burn it, so that doesn't bother me too much. However, I am still curious/concerned about the issue of snorting it having a very amplified effect compared to smoking. Perhaps it really is that I got used to the energy that snorting gave me and so I'm mistakenly expecting more than just a slightly "up" Euphoria high from smoking. I've only been using this substance for about 3 months, albeit very regularly, so my experience is limited.

Smoking is subpar. Less efective and less enjoyable. Snorting is much better for many reasons which you basically cover.
oral is good too if you find snorting is too addictive, oral is less so.
Smoking is a waste of time though and only a gimmick if you want to really enjoy meth

If you're trying to give your nose a break for awhile and if you don't want/enjoy vaporizing then you can always try the rectal route. If done correctly it should provide a decent rush.