• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methamphetamine and supplements to take to keep you safe!

Draven26

Bluelighter
So besides a multi vitamin, vitamin c, cq10, milk thistle, b12, fish oil.. what other supplements are good to take when using meth to stay as healthy as possible and avoid harming your skin.. teeth.. etc. And as for body odor is it true that supplementing with Chlorophyll will actually help body odor when using meth? Just wanted to know.. thanks ya'll!

Calcium will help strengthen your teeth, or a different roa, other than smoking, if youre going to smoke it, avoid acidic foods before and after you smoke. Biotin, a vitamin b, helps with nails, hair, and skin. Vitamin D is the best vitamin for your skin, followed by C and E. So make sure you catch some sun rays, but not too many. I know this is easier said than done, but don't scratch your face excessively, or pick at your skin! If you end up having marks from that, use aloevera as a topical treatment.

And now for one of the most crucial pieces of advice, do not go on multiple day benders, consciously try to smoke less often, and/or for shorter durations, and do not go more than ~36 hours, without sleep.

- SS373dOH Soul

Well I remember when I was using 4 years back I was slamming it and eating it.. not parachute but sprinkling it in my yogurt lol I know that can jack up the lining in your stomach that's why I was wondering if there was anything I could take to avoid stomach problems if taking orally. And what about that Chlorophyll ? Will that help with odor? I never get odor but you never know because if you are working it out or being active you wouldn't want your clothes to smell like chemicals and shit!

So I've been clean and sober for 4 days now? Maybe 5? Still pissed off about ruining my 4 years of sobriety.. but I can't think that way... it is what it is. I just wanted to know.. will cabergoline help with the dopamine crash? Cuz I know how much meth ruins your dopamine levels in a short amount of time so what kinds of supplements are worth buying? dlpa? tyrosine? mucana? I recently have been taking Cabergoline for prolactin control because i'm on testosterone therapy and I recently added Deca for joint issues and maybe a little bit of size if possible since I can't workout heavy at the gym like I used to with my back and joint problems.. oh and my damn sprained ankle which still hasn't fully healed and it's been a month! But I work and I don't like to baby it.. gotta work through the pain somehow!

Tyrosine and n acetyl tyrosine are better supplements to buy than a mucuna l dopa extract, since a majority of the l dopa gets broken down outside of the blood brain barrier. This is why the prescription product sinemet comes with carbidopa, to prevent this from happening. Unfortunately, carbidopa is rx only, though. I'm not sure about phenylalanine because I've never taken it, so I won't speculate about its efficacy compared to the other two.

I would say yes, the cabergoline would help, as you would have less endogenous activation of your dopamine receptors, and the cabergoline can help compensate for this, at least partially since it doesn't bind with high affinity to all receptor sites.

Chelated magnesium is good to take for its cardioprotective properties, as well as it's neuroprotective ones.

Tyrosine and n acetyl tyrosine are better supplements to buy than a mucuna l dopa extract, since a majority of the l dopa gets broken down outside of the blood brain barrier. This is why the prescription product sinemet comes with carbidopa, to prevent this from happening. Unfortunately, carbidopa is rx only, though. I'm not sure about phenylalanine because I've never taken it, so I won't speculate about its efficacy compared to the other two.

I would say yes, the cabergoline would help, as you would have less endogenous activation of your dopamine receptors, and the cabergoline can help compensate for this, at least partially since it doesn't bind with high affinity to all receptor sites.

Chelated magnesium is good to take for its cardioprotective properties, as well as it's neuroprotective ones.

Awesome.. that's all I wanted to hear! I appreciate it.. thank you so much! Yeah I will continue using the Caber and I'll have to get Chelated Magnesium because I've heard great things about it. I mean right now I have the Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc with Vitamin D3 but the Magnesium is the Magnesium Oxide.. so I'll have to check out the Vitamin Shoppe and see if they have the chelated magnesium! Thanks again!

Meth will suck up whatever supplement you take. This shit is just way too strong. Unnatural strong. But i guess if people think its making them better then more power to them.

Meth will suck up whatever supplement you take. This shit is just way too strong. Unnatural strong. But i guess if people think its making them better then more power to them.

I've been clean for a week now and still feel like shit so yeah I know what this shit does I've been doing it on and off for 10 years and was clean for almost 5 years till I fucked that up. I just didn't want to deal with the pain in my back and my ankle at work so I fucked that up. I only used for a month or so but why am I still feeling like shit? It's been a week now and I asked for the week off to sleep it off. What supplements help with getting you back to normal? I'm sleeping like a baby, eating like crazy ( clean foods so I don't get fat ), trying to work out, taking all my supps ( multi-vitamin, fish oil, vitamin d, vitamin c, magnesium, calcium n zinc combo, msm, cq10, taurine ) is there anything else that can help me get back to normal soon so I can go back to work feeling somewhat okay and not getting fired? 5htp? tyrosine? what should i spend my damn money on so I can just go back to feeling normal and not sluggish.

It sounds like you're doing all the right things, at this point, time will be your number 1 healer. Since you have a history with meth use, your brain "flipped the script" on you quite quickly, it just takes time for your brain chemistry to return to normalcy. Try to participate in activities that make you happy, you want to release as many natural endorphins as possible.

- Hopeless Soul

It sounds like you're doing all the right things, at this point, time will be your number 1 healer. Since you have a history with meth use, your brain "flipped the script" on you quite quickly, it just takes time for your brain chemistry to return to normalcy. Try to participate in activities that make you happy, you want to release as many natural endorphins as possible.

- Hopeless Soul

Thanks man! I also wanted to know.. is Nortriptyline safe to take with meth just to help with sleep? I was doing that because I had nothing else for sleep at the time and I want to make sure that didn't fuck me up because Nortriptyline is an antidepressent. I was prescribed that for nerve pain but just wanted to make sure when I was using and mixing meth and Nortriptyline didn't do damage

You're welcome bud! As far as neurological damage goes, Nortrip' won't cause anything harmful, however the area that it does cause problems is cardiovascular issues, it's not a widespread, or prevelant issue, just one of the more rare side effects. I'm sure you were fine combining the two.

- Hopeless

I would be careful taking a tricyclic with methamphetamine. Tricyclics are heavy on the heart. That is why they are so toxic and dangerous and lethal in overdose cases. And amphetamines are notorious for being cardiotoxic. I myself wouldn't take the two together. If you chose to, don't make a habit of it. It may not be immediately dangerous, but you don't want to put that strain on the heart. You're adding extra noradrenergic activity, sodium channel blockade, anticholinergic activity, and potassium channel antagonism on top of methamphetamine's effects. It's not a good combination.

Okay now what about rashes? It's been a week and some days since I've been sober and it's summer time here in California and I can't even go to the beach or the pool or even the jacuzzi after the gym because my skin dries out and gets rashes. Like I have a rash or something on my lower back and my ass cheek. What the fuck dude meth is lame as fuck! I've never had that before.. what could I put on that to make it go away? Like am I never allowed to be in the pool or jacuzzi again because of the stupid chlorine or what?

I've heard that as well about meth. If you must use stimulants, don't use meth and instead use low doses of Dexedrine or Adderall taken orally in low doses as this is a lot more safe than using meth or even coke.

Well I mean I'm done with the stuff.. it's nasty anyways and my health is more important!