• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine and SSRI and SNRI’s

Marji

Greenlighter
I’m addicted to meth and not sure why. I think I just am in love with the burn. I do a lot, I feel nothing whatsoever. I’ve watched people shoot and go off the wall but I’m scared I’d die bc of previous drugs and od-ing.
My question is, do my meds block out the meth? I’ve “had really good shit” they say.
When I used to smoke a lot of crack on my meds, I’d have seizures. So I’m scared to do more meth due to seizures. I would love to quit and I try every morning I wake up! It’s so stupid!

I’m addicted to meth and not sure why. I think I just am in love with the burn. I do a lot, I feel nothing whatsoever. I’ve watched people shoot and go off the wall but I’m scared I’d die bc of previous drugs and od-ing.
My question is, do my meds block out the meth? I’ve “had really good shit” they say.
When I used to smoke a lot of crack on my meds, I’d have seizures. So I’m scared to do more meth due to seizures. I would love to quit and I try every morning I wake up! It’s so stupid!
Meth is a stimulating drug that will only give you a euphoric high if you have allot of dopamine saved up in you're brain. I recently took a 11 day break off meth and snorted a line and I got high as fuck . So for me atleast it takes 11 days with no meth use to get my dopamine back.

Meth is a stimulating drug that will only give you a euphoric high if you have allot of dopamine saved up in you're brain. I recently took a 11 day break off meth and snorted a line and I got high as fuck . So for me atleast it takes 11 days with no meth use to get my dopamine back.
So bc my meds are loaded with dopamine, do you think that’s why it doesn’t work? At this point I’m addicted to the burn

So bc my meds are loaded with dopamine, do you think that’s why it doesn’t work? At this point I’m addicted to the burn
I really don't know about the medication that gives you dopamine. I don't think any meds gives you dopamine. I do know anti-psychotic meds take away dopamine.
If you're not getting high of meth it's because you used up all you're dopamine. You should take a 11 day to 2 week break and I guarantee you will get high again.

I really don't know about the medication that gives you dopamine. I don't think any meds gives you dopamine. I do know anti-psychotic meds take away dopamine.
If you're not getting high of meth it's because you used up all you're dopamine. You should take a 11 day to 2 week break and I guarantee you will get high again.
Thank you. If I get that much time in, I’ll just stay clean lol

Are you addicted to meth because you use it daily and suffer adverse effects of it?

Or are you addicted to meth because you use it daily and believe that people who are daily users can only be addicts?

If you’re using and having adverse effects; then stop using. It’s no bueno. Some people just shouldn’t do drugs.

If your using and living a life that doesn’t involve nailing the front door shut because you can’t put the doorknob back together; then I’d say you may not be an addict.

Just as some people should NOT do drugs, there are a bunch of people, for whatever reason, SHOULD so drugs.

Addicts have a problem.That problem is drugs. They goto meetings. Nobody trusts them.

Drug users also have a problem. That problem is mostly non-drug users. They goto work. No trust issues.

reevaluate what you consider an addict. Cut yourself some slack. It may be your first time on Earth, my friend.

Remember. You don’t have to stop for the rest of your life. Your work could as easy as ‘I am taking a rest from meth for the next 10 minutes.‘

weed and ghb helps me- as lil Wayne says ‘I smoke a lot of weed to keep the bitches off my mind’. This bitch’s name is Crystal.

<3

Are you addicted to meth because you use it daily and suffer adverse effects of it?

Or are you addicted to meth because you use it daily and believe that people who are daily users can only be addicts?

If you’re using and having adverse effects; then stop using. It’s no bueno. Some people just shouldn’t do drugs.

If your using and living a life that doesn’t involve nailing the front door shut because you can’t put the doorknob back together; then I’d say you may not be an addict.

Just as some people should NOT do drugs, there are a bunch of people, for whatever reason, SHOULD so drugs.

Addicts have a problem.That problem is drugs. They goto meetings. Nobody trusts them.

Drug users also have a problem. That problem is mostly non-drug users. They goto work. No trust issues.

reevaluate what you consider an addict. Cut yourself some slack. It may be your first time on Earth, my friend.

Remember. You don’t have to stop for the rest of your life. Your work could as easy as ‘I am taking a rest from meth for the next 10 minutes.‘

weed and ghb helps me- as lil Wayne says ‘I smoke a lot of weed to keep the bitches off my mind’. This bitch’s name is Crystal.

<3
😂 idk but I got tired of it. Went to a meeting....again.....today and got a white key tag. I’m done man! For real. Might’ve taken me 100 whites but this was the last!
Not my first rodeo though. I’ve had rounds with them all except ayahuasca.
I’ll be 40 next month, like wtf am I doing!? Where’s my life go??
I’m on of them 🙋🏻‍♀️ that should NOT do drugs. Lol I go wayyyy overboard and prob won’t come back if went back.🖤

SSRI's affect serotonin, SNRI's affect serotonin and noradrenaline; they do fuck all for dopamine.

Meth, on the other hand, forces your neurons to release massive quantities of dopamine; consequently, if you keep taking it, your brain isn't making enough dopamine to replace all that dopamine that you are burning through when you're high, while at the same time your receptors are downregulating (i.e. you're building a tolerance).
Thus, the only way to bring back the euphoria would be to abstain from meth and other stims for a while, giving your brain time to replenish its neurotransmitters and upregulate its receptors again.

As for crack cocaine giving you seizures, that's most likely because cocaine also affects serotonin levels to some extent, which may result in serotonin syndrome if you're already on serotonergic antidepressants. That said, meth has also been reported to increase the risk of seizures.

SSRI's affect serotonin, SNRI's affect serotonin and noradrenaline; they do fuck all for dopamine.

Meth, on the other hand, forces your neurons to release massive quantities of dopamine; consequently, if you keep taking it, your brain isn't making enough dopamine to replace all that dopamine that you are burning through when you're high, while at the same time your receptors are downregulating (i.e. you're building a tolerance).
Thus, the only way to bring back the euphoria would be to abstain from meth and other stims for a while, giving your brain time to replenish its neurotransmitters and upregulate its receptors again.

As for crack cocaine giving you seizures, that's most likely because cocaine also affects serotonin levels to some extent, which may result in serotonin syndrome if you're already on serotonergic antidepressants. That said, meth has also been reported to increase the risk of seizures.

I’m done meth as yesterday! Overrrr it!

Interesting you said about crack.
I’ve had two grandmal seizures. I was unaware of that at the time. I used to love driving and smoking.
When I woke up, I was at the end of this huge field at 3am in a like a 20 ft mud puddle about a foot away from a tree. Pissed myself and didn’t know where I was or what happened.
A guy came out where I was with and was like “do a little off roaring?” Lol I was just like “yeah pull me out”
Lol

I’m on antipsychotics and the mix can cause seizures. I’ve had plenty while smoking crack and didn’t know about this.

Some antipsychotics appear to be able to block most of methamphetamine's effects. I can take 1g doses of quality meth on high doses of Abilify and feel little euphoria while appetite suppression and wakefulness are still highly present.

Some antipsychotics appear to be able to block most of methamphetamine's effects. I can take 1g doses of quality meth on high doses of Abilify and feel little euphoria while appetite suppression and wakefulness are still highly present.
I was on ability but it doesn’t help. Now I’m on Effexor, limictal and vraylar

same. leads to an expensive waste of meth

A precursor to noradrenaline and dopamine in your brain. Might help if you wanted to get off the meth, obviously it will never be meths level of stimulation but it would help you stay motivated and at it. But it does help your body produce more dopamine, that being said do some research and form your own opinion
What’s that

A precursor to noradrenaline and dopamine in your brain. Might help if you wanted to get off the meth, obviously it will never be meths level of stimulation but it would help you stay motivated and at it. But it does help your body produce more dopamine, that being said do some research and form your own opinion
Idk why i said “what’s that”
My psychiatrist said if I don’t be enter iop by the 4th, she’s discharging me. So I got into one today

Yes. If you are on a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, you won't feel the effects as strong