• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methamphetamine and rash/dry skin from jacuzzi or swimming pool?

Draven26

Bluelighter
So I've been clean about a week and a few days now and I was wondering what the hell do you do when you get a rash or really dry irritated cracking skin from being in the swimming pool and the jacuzzi? Because my wife and I have been doing both. Jacuzzi after the gym and swimming pool because we live in Cali. And it happened when I started using but even now after being clean I still have dry skin. I shower twice a day.. sometimes three. I brush my teeth and floss and use mouth wash. I take care of myself on this shit twice as much because I don't like feeling gross and I love cleanliness more than a stupid meth high but that's besides the point.. what can you do to get rid of this bullshit? Is it the chlorine mixed with the meth that has a bad reaction? I have pretty oily skin as it is so I don't know why I'd get that? Even after being clean is my skin fucked permanently? I put vaseline under my armpits because they were dry and some on my lower back and my butt cheek. I didn't want to put lotion because I feared it would burn the shit out of my skin. I use Cocoa butter with Vitamin E for the rest of my body though like arms, shoulders, chest, whatever. Someone please help. This drug sucks ass! I'm never going back!

Suggest you look for a dermatologist. You'll have that figured out in one appointment and treat it accordingly with appropriate skin medication.

I have a dermatologist so I guess I'll ask him. It's a good thing I have doxycycline prescribed to me otherwise I would of gotten so many sores and acne! Even though I do have acne on my shoulders and chest but.. that's the side effect of having oily skin. That's why I shower twice a day.. because I hate being oily! And I love cleanliness.. so meth is definitely not the drug I should fuck with!

You may be over cleaning yourself, if your showering vigorously and then using harsh chemicals like you get in hot tubs (especially if they are communal) then your going to get irritated skin which can lead to a break out of acne / sores.

Vaseline will block your pores which can lead to further irritation and must feel pretty horrible if your sweating.

Try switching to a milder soap or a body wash meant for acne (sebamed for example), don't over scrub and remember to exfoliate (shower mitt).

Make an appointment with your dermatologist and maybe give the hottub a miss until your skin has healed.

And you are right I probably am over washing. I've always been that way though even before meth. I love cleanliness and girls and guys would call me a pretty boy but it's not even that. I'm married now so I don't take the time to get ready but I still want to look good, you know? And I know I probably don't have bo but with the meth it's just something you think about you know? Because my skin gets extra oily and that's why I feel the need to shower more because I just feel gross.

So no more vaseline? And I have the shower gloves but they're rough on my skin.. so wouldn't exfoliating cause my skin to hurt more and cause more problems? It sucks when you have sensitive skin but especially extra sensitive when you're taking harsh chemicals like methamphetamine! ) I do have an appointment with my dermatologist so hopefully he'll be able to help.

So wait a minute.. I'm not balding or anything but I am using minoxidil for my scalp.. because of meth do you think the minoxidil ( rogaine ) is not going to work as well or will it still work just as fine? I know meth overpowers supplements and shit that's why I take everything before hand.. and afterwards too! The things I do just to block out back pain and this stupid sprained ankle.. to only perform at a job I don't even want to keep! I make smart decisions don't I?