• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids methadone without tolerance

andrek159206

Bluelighter
i have 19 pills of this 10mg, i take tramadol like 2 weeks ago, whats the dosage i can work fine?my work is hard.

Take 1 pill and be VERY PATIENT. Methadone is very strong and takes a long time to kick in. This is how the love of my life died

It'll be a slow subtle buzz probably lasting you all day. MaxI mum is 20mg if you do ttamadol fairly regularly. Please take care. Methadone is no joke

Also if you find 10 or 20mg isn't doing it for you do not take more for another few days! Methadone has a high respiratory depression to buzz ratio.
DO NOT combine with other downers or booze!

Methadone is powerful, long lasting and it accumulates in your body. There is a very big difference in acute (once weekly) and chronic (every day for 3-4 days until steady state is reached) potency of methadone. To make things even more complicated different people metabolise methadone differently and difference is very big and measurable. There were cases where people died of 20mg methadone, if they did not have opioid tolerance and took methadone few days in a row. One more very important thing - don't use any other depressants with methadone. Taking benzodiazepine (Xanax/Valium/Klonopin...) with methadone is the fastest way to not waking up without even realising that you are overdosing. Also things like alcohol, pregabalin, phenibut or some other CNS depressant must be avoided if one is taking methadone. It is a very tricky and for opioid naive person (or very low tolerance) very dangerous opioid to take.

Having said all that, as others said, take at most 20mg - and lay off for a week. Forever would be better but I will not preach. I wouldn't advise more than 10mg and then pause for a week. Than try 15mg and wait for 2 weeks. Than, based on your response maybe go as high as 20mg. But methadone is not "in your face euphoria" like oxycodone for example. It has it's place but , in my opinion, not for recreational purposes of non tolerant people.

Proceed with great caution and take care!

Adult dose for opiate naive individuals is 2.5mg to 10mg every 6 hours (stated on pharma Methadone tablet bottle) until optimum analgesic achieved, following days is a fixed dose every 8 hours as needed.

10mg could rock you if you have no tolerance...maybe first time take 5mg and see how it effects you?