• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone use for first time

pharoah

Bluelighter
I've been using opiates for 10 years, mainly hydrocodone, codeine and some oxy here and there when I get my hands on some but I've never tried Methadone. I found one last night and I'm gonna just save it until I get some more information....and I couldn't find the answers I was looking for on erowid so I decided to come back home.

Do I only need this one 10mg tablet to last me all day? I never take opiates without benzos or Benadryl cause it feels like a waste and I don't get that nod; is mixing the methadone with Xanax or Benadryl a good, safe idea?

I think that's all of the questions I have regarding that matter. Thanks for your time. Take care.5

You should post this question in Basic Drug Discussion, because OD is for intermediate harm reduction questions.
And don't forget to add your tolerance level :)
Mixing CNS depressants like opioids and benzos is dangerous as it increases the risk of respiratory depression. A lot of people died because of this combination.
Stay safe

If you do not have a physical dependency , from your post it appears you only use once in a while but correct me if I'm wrong, that part was difficult to discern--then yes, one 10 mg methadone pill will have you feeling good most of the day

If you normally take smaller recreational doses when you do take the opiates you mentioned then the one pill will be good. If however you take really big doses it may not do a lot. Hard to say without knowing the details. But based on not having a dependency I'd think that's a fine recreational dose.

Edit: just to clarify, that is methadone on its own. DO NOT mix it with Xanax or other benzos. Very bad combination.

Last edited:
Basic dosing questions are more appropriate for BDD.

OD ---> BDD

First off, do NOT mix xanax with methadone, this is one of the leading combinations when it.comes to od.

Your dose depends on tolerance, weight, metabolism , ect. That being said,.if you're opiate naive, 10mg will be fine, if you have a tolerance, 10mg will keep you from being sick, but its not going to knock you on your ass. Either way start low, and see how it.goes, if you don't get that glow you're looking for, increase.the dose.the next day.

-hs