• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone makes it impossible for me to get high - curse and blessing.

RandomClean3

Bluelighter
So I've been taking methadone for a little over a year, I'm currently lowering the dose, hopefully to zero, from 70mg to currently 45mg. And I've noticed the methadone blocks other opioids, particularly morphine and oxycodone, to the point I feel nothing to next to nothing.
First time it happens was when my british dealer sent me 60 (maybe more, I don't remember) 40mg Oxycontins and 150 1mg Alprazolams by mistake. My order was like 200-300$ and the value of what I received was about 1000 british pounds. Also, she sells mundipharma Oxycontins which are the old formulation, which was great cause I only IV. In 4 days I snorted 75 alprazolams and I injected about 500mg of oxycodone daily for 4-5 days, I'm pretty sure I was taking 50mg of methadone at the time. Now, it was pretty difficult to get high, the first 300-400mg I felt nothing but eventually I got there. Oh and my family realized something was a little off and found my stash. May have saved my life but I was still grumpy about it.
I stayed clean until I found someone on facebook selling boxes of 20 20mg morphine ampoules for like 30 bucks each. I had no chance, I bought 3 or 4 and went into shooting it. In case you don't know, IV morphine is about 3 times as potent as oral morphine and I think it's about the same as IV oxy. This time I was 70mg of methadone and I completely failed to get high, even with dosages of up to 500-600mg I felt at most a little tipsy and maybe as if I had smoked a small amount of some good indica, like blue cheese.
Third and last incident, I purchased 4 boxes of oxycodone/naloxone 10mg, but the seller gifts me another box and sends me 3 10mg ones (what we acorded) and 2 20mg ones, which was a nice surprise. At 14 pills per box it's 980mg. This has naloxone so I can't IV it or even snort it. So I swallow them. I take them all in about a day, again, tipsy. I was back to 50mg of methadone but this was the largest dose that failed to give me a rush, or a high, or anything really. I was chill and felt good, what I get sometimes from 2-3 glasses of wine.

So, to be clear, I had NEVER gone anywhere close to these dosages. The largest amount I had taken was 200-300mg of IV morphine and I OD'ed with that shit. I was warned that taking other opioids while on methadone was dangerous, but I have to say, I think it's far safer since nothing happens. I feel this is what people that are on buprenorphine or even naltrexone feel like. Does anyone here has had a similar experience with methadone? I knew it could partially block drugs like morphine, oxycodone and heroin since it has a much higher affinity and intrinsic activity than any of them, but I wasn't expecting that I suddenly would grow a tolerance of a gram of IV morphine. I used to use 100mg and get fucked with that. So this is all methadone, the drug use before that was nothing in comparison.

I hope someone replies to this, I never get any replies 😭. Anyway, stay safe and don't do the dumb shit I've done, not worth it, now I'm a friendless 31 year old who can't even relapse properly lmao. Cheers!

When i was on 380mg/day of methadone I was able to get high, but I had to go to pretty extreme lengths for it to happen. I would inject entire 100ug/hr fentanyl patches in one shot, which contained around 17mg of fentanyl (enough to kill 6-7 people). I would sometimes inject two.

So it can be done but its a fool's errand and an extremely expensive endeavor.

Ive been on 30 mgs for ages; i had been at 60mgs and 50 mg hydrocodone did nada for me

but on 30mgs I feel pretty high from 20 mgs of norco

(2 pills get me high on 30mg; 5 pills did not get me high on 50mg)
lower your dose and lower your tolerance. the less methadone you take, the better the other opiates will hit you

But be careful; methadone may not feel that strong but trust me it is orders of magnitude stronger than the "codones" so it is good your family knows and hopefully you can give them narcan to wake you up if you take too much; thus saving your life for real.

It's a misconception that methadone blocks opioids. You may be thinking of buprenorphine. Methadone is in fact a full Mu (µ) agonist (unlike buprenorphine which is a partial agonist/antagonist). It's such a full Mu (µ) agonist, that it completely saturates that receptor with its high affinity and incredibly long half-life (similar to buprenorphine) as a long-acting opioid (LAO). Methadone quickly and artificially increases your tolerance to all other opioids sky-high (that's why it's been the go-to drug doctors have given opioid addicts for over 80 years now.

The posters above are right about it being incredibly dangerous to take more and more opioids trying to get high when you have an artificially sky-high opioid tolerance caused by being on methadone maintenance.

Ohh bloody hell I nearly killed myself injecting what amounted to skirting overdose levels of H trying to 'break through' the damn methadone I'd been put on, that I didn't wanna BE on...

Ya, I started on 30mg, at 40mg I noticed the Methadone completely eliminated the euphoric rush of other opioids

Took 4 OxyContin 80mg and felt nothing (on Methadone 50-70mg)…..a gross waste of money. Never again.

Been on Methadone 80mg daily for years (100 tablets per month) with surplus tablets for breakthrough pain as needed. Sometime I take an additional 20mg after lunch, making a 100mg day of Methadone.

It’s a great opioid when you’re long term stable & “safe” ….can safely take a few Valiums, Lyrica, Indica, etc

It's a misconception that methadone blocks opioids. You may be thinking of buprenorphine. Methadone is in fact a full Mu (µ) agonist (unlike buprenorphine which is a partial agonist/antagonist). It's such a full Mu (µ) agonist, that it completely saturates that receptor with its high affinity and incredibly long half-life (similar to buprenorphine) as a long-acting opioid (LAO). Methadone quickly and artificially increases your tolerance to all other opioids sky-high (that's why it's been the go-to drug doctors have given opioid addicts for over 80 years now.

The posters above are right about it being incredibly dangerous to take more and more opioids trying to get high when you have an artificially sky-high opioid tolerance caused by being on methadone maintenance.
I know that is what they say about the "full & partial agonist" thing, but that is explaining the drugs effects on your Mu Kappa (or whatever technical name is) drug receptors in the brain! ...They explain the process with the opening of a door... A full agonist (Heroin, Morph, Oxys, Methadone) releases & U feel the FULL opiate effects or "high" Wheres a partial agonist like Buprenorphine, (only opens the door half way) "leaving it partly ajar for opiate effects to creep in" but not to full extent as say Morphine!
...I used to also believe your theory, until I came to realize the reality, that if I was to have a shot of H, I can honestly tell U that I wouldve felt it more when I was on daily 32mg Suboxone, as opposed to 50mg of Methadone!!!

...The reason & theory about the blocking effects of Suboxone, is the inclusion of Naloxone in the strips @ a 1/4 ratio with Buprenorphine!
And it has been said & proven that Naloxone was only added into the mix, to help try deter IV use of the strips. And that when taken sublingually (as intended - under tongue) then the Naloxone is deemed Null, having no influence or any effects at all!!!

I know that is what they say about the "full & partial agonist" thing, but that is explaining the drugs effects on your Mu Kappa (or whatever technical name is) drug receptors in the brain! ...They explain the process with the opening of a door... A full agonist (Heroin, Morph, Oxys, Methadone) releases & U feel the FULL opiate effects or "high" Wheres a partial agonist like Buprenorphine, (only opens the door half way) "leaving it partly ajar for opiate effects to creep in" but not to full extent as say Morphine!
...I used to also believe your theory, until I came to realize the reality, that if I was to have a shot of H, I can honestly tell U that I wouldve felt it more when I was on daily 32mg Suboxone, as opposed to 50mg of Methadone!!!

...The reason & theory about the blocking effects of Suboxone, is the inclusion of Naloxone in the strips @ a 1/4 ratio with Buprenorphine!
And it has been said & proven that Naloxone was only added into the mix, to help try deter IV use of the strips. And that when taken sublingually (as intended - under tongue) then the Naloxone is deemed Null, having no influence or any effects at all!!!
But yes it is true what you said about how it binds to receptors & leaves no room, "kicking off" other opiates from also coming to bind off the same Mü Kappa receptors!!!

Dopaminergic stimulants (Amphetamines/Cocaine/Ritalin) & Mu-Opioid agonists (Dilaudid/Oxycodone/Heroin) are just pure euphoric heaven. The GREATEST drug combination ever experienced

No other drug class has a higher abuse potential than Heroin & Cocaine (pharmaceutical grade)

Opioids have been a euphoric recreational drug for 3,000+ years (with invaluable medicinal value)
Coca leave used for thousands of years in South America / Khat plant in the Horn of Africa (amphetamine)

Ephedra plant Asia / circa 1919 Japan- synthesized crystalline Methamphetamine HCL via ephedrine reduction

d-Desoxyephedrine Hydrochloride (Desoxyn / Methedrine)

I hope someone replies to this, I never get any replies 😭. Anyway, stay safe and don't do the dumb shit I've done, not worth it, now I'm a friendless 31 year old who can't even relapse properly lmao. Cheers!
Please do not waste again that insane amount of oxy just for nothing gods sakes... lol

I guess you already know this, but man, if you truly want to get high then don't be on methadone. If you are on methadone just forget using the other drugs. Is just doesn't make any sense doing this kind of things.

Methadone made my fent buzz better, it do NOT block opioids.
Don't use to much though, i od'd when i was only on 70mg of methadone with fent . Sometimes you really don't know how high you are until to late

My daily Methadone useage is an oral hybrid “Brompton Cocktail” ….which is/can be very pleasurable

Morning, light fatty breakfast meal (egg & ham toasted sandwich)

Methadone 80mg
Ritalin 50-60mg IR
Lyrica 150-300mg
Valium 10mg
Ethanol/Jin 2oz cocktail ginger ale

Taking Methylphenidate (Ritalin) with a meal speeds absorption and taken with ethanol/alcohol increases d-MPH / Focalin concentrations by 40% (significantly increases euphoric & pleasurable subjective effects)

Kinda like an oral Speedball. Opioid & Dopaminergic stimulant greatly increases euphoric effects, “drug liking” and pleasurable effects.

As per opioids go….Methadone 30-40mg begins to saturate all the mu-opioid receptors in the CNS, so taking other opioids on top, such as Oxycodone, Dilaudid, Heroin, Morphine, etc will have very little to Zero euphoria or noticeable effects. Which I noticed once at 40-50mg

Being on Methadone 80mg daily for 10+ years….the only way for me, is to take an additional Methadone 25mg tablet, Valium 10mg, Ritalin or Cocaine, etc

Being on daily Methadone 80mg for years I injected 4 original formulation OxyContin 80’s and didn’t feel F@CK ALL, a sickening waste of money and a valuable lesson/experiment. There’s nowhere for the Oxycodone to bind to….all the Mu-opioid receptors are occupied/filled with long term Methadone usage at a relatively high dose, with its super long half life and potent binding profile. Just taking more Methadone would be effective

Last edited: