• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

* Methadone Maintenance Therapy (MMT) MEGATHREAD *

I'm fighting the fight to convince my family that getting off methadone will lead me back to heroin. They have agreed to have a session with my methadone counselor who whole heartedly agrees that I need to be on methadone. I just can't make my parents understand that not feigning for heroin every second of my life is a wonderful feeling. When I tried to start tapering that feeling instantly came back and it's terrifying. Just terrifying. I have been supposed to be tapering but I haven't been so it's going to be an interesting meeting this later week for sure

Hi everyone I have a quick question...
I've been on methadone for about 2 weeks. I started at 40mg and upped my dose to 75mg and thats where its been for about a week. Things were going well but this morning I missed my dose. Will my dose from yesterday hold me until tomorrow?

You'll be fine. At worst it will be very mildly uncomfortable the night after the day going without, but nothing approaching acute withdrawal.

I'm fighting the fight to convince my family that getting off methadone will lead me back to heroin. They have agreed to have a session with my methadone counselor who whole heartedly agrees that I need to be on methadone. I just can't make my parents understand that not feigning for heroin every second of my life is a wonderful feeling. When I tried to start tapering that feeling instantly came back and it's terrifying. Just terrifying. I have been supposed to be tapering but I haven't been so it's going to be an interesting meeting this later week for sure

What you have to deal with in your situation must be beyond frustrating. It is fucking great you have been advocating for yourself like this though!