• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone experts please help,I hit the wall.

boostedsil40

Greenlighter
Hello everyone I'm new here,Im a 35 year old male I have been on methadone maintenance for 5 years aand currently on 160mgs methadone.Everything was perfect with steady job and just felt great for the first time in 10+ years of drug abuse.Well about 6 months ago I noticed some days I would go to work and just felt like my methadone didn't work,to the point I almost couldn't leave the bed it felt like I hit a tolerance wall.This seemed to get worse and I thought it was from drinking monster energy drinks right after I dosed but no this just got worse.So I went up on my dose about 3 times and a total of 25mgs and it worked for a week each time but I still don't feel like I always felt before?I have no energy I have no motivation I lost my job and I'm scared to get a new job when I feel this way as some days I don't even leave the room?So if going up 25mgs didn't help maybe if I start going down on my methadone it will level out and lower my tolerance?I just want it to work like it used to.The thing is one of the doctors says methadone tolerance is uncommon and many can stay at the same dose for many more years?I don't think so.The best way to describe it is like I take my dose and its like my body isn't absorbing it fully.One day I couldn't stop crying I felt so terrible.Its as if I'm not taking my correct amount some days.Then a few days ago I had a great day where everything was perfect????Please help will going down on my dose fix this?I cant go up anymore because Ive gone up 25mgs and my qtc is borderline.

it could be possible that your stomach aditity is messing with the methadone. higher stomach ph leads to poor absorption. take some tums or whatever before you dose. a glass of white grapefruit juice (or just the fruit itself) can also impede your body metabolising the methadone and can make for a longer, slightly stronger buzz.

unfortunately tho, it just sounds like tolerance.

im on bupe and thinking of switching to meth to help better with cravings, and your question scares me a little.

First off, have you been consuming any different foods, supplements, medications or doing anything else differently that you can think of? Methadone undergoes a relatively complex metabolic process compared to other commonly prescribed Opioids, namely, being metabolized by a few different key enzymes, which can make it very succeptible to variability in strength based upon outside variables like the ones stated above.

At any rate, I think you should stop climbing because it doesn't seem to be an issue of potency. If it worked so well for so long, it would suggest that there's been some sort of sudden, drastic change in your body and/or mind.