• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methadone dose first time

Cheddabrat

Greenlighter
Hey guys, new blue lighter here. Have been messing with rx opiates die a while and understand safety regarding if. Usually take 100mg oxy or 140mg hydrocodone at a time to feel nice, disregarding views on methadone which I have recently come across what would an equivalent dose regarding my opiate tolerance to start with? Thanks!

i'd start off with 25-30 mg , the high of methadone is very stimulating for me , don't try to catch a nod from it or it will put you on your ass do no mix with benzos many people get themselves killed with this combination.

also remember it takes at the least twice as long as something like codeine or oxy to hit you.

Listen ti Bingeboy on this one hes right on all accounts. This is a medicine designed for keeping people out of withdrawal so trying to do anything else with it doesnt work as well. You always want to keep it low if you are using recovery meds the goal being to feel normal, not high not tired not happy but the strange mix of all 3 people call sobriety.

Ask yourself this... If I take recovery meds when i do not intend to get clean and use them for the wrong reasons, what will i use when i actually want to quit? How hard will it be to view methadone (or suboxone) as a replacement if i used it in conjunction with my drug of choice?

Listen ti Bingeboy on this one hes right on all accounts. This is a medicine designed for keeping people out of withdrawal so trying to do anything else with it doesnt work as well. You always want to keep it low if you are using recovery meds the goal being to feel normal, not high not tired not happy but the strange mix of all 3 people call sobriety.

Ask yourself this... If I take recovery meds when i do not intend to get clean and use them for the wrong reasons, what will i use when i actually want to quit? How hard will it be to view methadone (or suboxone) as a replacement if i used it in conjunction with my drug of choice?

This is exactly true, I hope OP makes the right choice on this one. Methadone has a very specific purpose and getting high off it is not that purpose.

Dude I'd be scared to take it to get high or to get off opiates. That shit is called liquid handcuffs for a reason my man

Dude I'd be scared to take it to get high or to get off opiates. That shit is called liquid handcuffs for a reason my man

I love methadone saved my girlfriend from a 3 year dope addiction and she was up to 90mg and down to 3mg then off in 11 month total. No take homes no taper and completely against the advise of the clinic. She experienced minimal withdrawals the whole time and is on day 10 of 0 methadone. I am going down from 90 and am currently on 20 about to drop to 15 on Monday... might lower it to 2mg a week rather then 5mg every other week. I wont say its hard its almost been unnoticeable at this point... I will notice the next drop i am sure of it.

But my point is if you havent tried it and are listening to others my story is my girlfriend and i have experience mild discomfort and a very easy withdrawal period from methadone. She struggled with IV heroin for 3 years, hasnt done it in a year and has been off methadone for almost 2 week. That shit changed her destiny and asked nothing in return. Just saying if your listening to peoples horror stories you may wanna take my success story with the same amount of stock :) Its all depended on whether your ready or not an not what anyone else says. It is a major decision but if shooting dope is ruining your life methadone can work for you, just saying.

You always hear failed stories never success ones

Maintenance works for like 15-20% of people the rest either stay on the replacement opiate or get off it and start doing the old opiates back again. Maintenance is very tricky because it helps for the moment like a bandage but to be fully clean your girlfriend is 1 in 10-15 who could do that in my eyes . But hey that's my opinion , point is I'd rather kick short half life opiate like h and oxy , codeine , etc and not methadone or subs but I'd rather be on sub or methadone maitenance than to be on heroin maitenance lol

OP, it really depends on a lot of factors. Methadone can be really dangerous for non-experienced users as the character is quite different than shorter-acting opioids. Just be careful. Whatever you choose for a starting dose, be sure to wait several (3-4) hours before re-dosing as it can take that long to come on.

Now, your current opioid dosages are in the moderate range. I'd say go with 40mg to start. I would not go higher than 50mg. Wiat until you know how the drugs effects you and be sure not to mix with any other CNS depressants.

start low. I had been on h for a while when I tried to quit using methadone and didn't help much cause one or two 10mg meth pills word actually get me higher. be careful