Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Methadone, Bupe and gasp Codeine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i still get some pain, but i dont get the massive attacks of pain that cause me to shallow breath as breathing caused major back pain...things like that are very rare on the Methadone, so id say the Methadone is workin pretty decently on it. The clinic today said i need to get a refferal to Westmead hospital coz apparently they have a pain clinic section that has bulk billing...as all the private places charge a fortune, so im going to my GP in a few days to get the refferal for the hospital based pain section.

I hear what you are saying about just getting on pain meds, but thats what i was doing with the codeine...but after a while i was taking 45 a day, taking 15 pills at once =/...i fear being on Morphine or Endone would just lead to me upping my dose constantly to stay a step ahead of my tolerance. Id probably get 6-10 months of good pain relief and then i would be needing more and more, like with the codeine....i actually hope that doesnt happen with the Methadone =/. If i can get my life issues (ie anxiety/depression, TAFE) sorted and stay on the same dose of Methadone without having to up it all the time, i think my life could definately massively improve. See on pain killers id have to take sooo many all the time, but Methadone (providing it works this good for a long time) is much more managable, i just drink 60mg and im done (im praying my tolerence doesnt alter much...i really dont wanna up my dose again if i can help it). The only problem is having to go to the methadone clinic every single day...for the last month my mother has been driving me there and back home, as when i wake in the mornings i feel really weak and dont think i could manage the trip using public transport...but mum is getting sick of going all the time. Mind you the clinic is only a 12min drive from my place and i only take about 45seconds to dose (providing there arent many ppl waiting and they aint on Bupe)(yes ppl at my Methadone clinic also take Bupe, it sucks coz they hold everyone else up!).

Edit: Right now my back is hurting a fair bit, but thats coz i was sitting in a pc chair for a few hours today without a pillow behind my back...so its my own fault today, but without the Methadone i would be in agony right now, rather than just dealing with managable pain like i am now.

Last edited:
Still going good on this dose, no changes to report just yet...though i do have a joke i just made up after watching Jurassic Park and hearing the blind dinosaur joke!

What do you call a gay Dinosaur? MegasaurArse :D
What do you call a gay Dinosaurs dog? MegasaurArse Rex

Edit: Just googled the joke and others have posted it...but with a bit different spelling, i know for a fact ive never heard it before and i did indeed come up with it myself...guess no matter what you think or come up with, someone else probably thought of it too!

Good to hear eveythings going well, but honestly this thread is more akin to a blog than a harm reduction forum.

I think you've gained all you can from this discussion, save the jokes for facebook ;)

Good to hear eveythings going well, but honestly this thread is more akin to a blog than a harm reduction forum.

I believe it's benefited stiffeno to have this thread, is that harm reduction? Dunno. I don't think there's any problem with it , unless the whole of AUSDD gets clogged with these kinds of threads I feel like people could just not click on it.

People who are in similar situations might come across his thread and learn something. There's some good posts in here.

I believe its benefited him to - alot. But that does not mean it needs to be bumped twice weekly for social reasons ;)

Theres some brilliant posts in here, but 10 pages for what is really not a complex question, and one mostly dependant on his prescribing doctor is not required.

i agree L3inad, the worthwhile posts that are here are all drowned out with ephemera.
it serves as a lesson in how not to deal with the issue of pain medication, doctors and addiction, perhaps.
no disrespect for the OP, but surely this has run its course? maybe something more suited to the Dark Side or something?
it's not really my place to say, but i don't know how this has become 10 pages long.
there is only so much forum members can do to help and guide someone. surely there are better options for counselling or medical advice?

^ I tend to agree with L3inad and Spacejunk. I am closing this thread as I feel like it has definately ran its course and the OP is seemingly on track with their treatment and doing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.