• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Meth: specific cuts removal

Loccdogg

Bluelighter
Hey all, so I got a few reagent tests today, and my dope came out as having pma/pmma and methylone, what would be the process for removing these two unwanted substances? AB extraction?

If you don't have any knowledge in chemistry it will be nearly impossible. Are you sure that they're cuts and not the primary drug? It's possible that if you were to separate them that you'd end up with little to no meth

I am not sure, and that is a bit concerning. I am good at following directions and obsessive to a fault. If you could perhaps give me a step by step, or point me in the direction of the information needed to perform this I will get on it

methylone should come out by using a metabisulfite solution on the freebase that is in non polar solvent (please use heptane it is the least toxic NP I know other than ether and I do not advice that to non chemists.)

this is due to the carbonyl or ketone group on the benzylic position forming a complex with the metabisulfite.

if the solution of bisulfite is not saturated the methylone I would think would disolve if it is saturated I would think it would form a solid that does not disolve.

we use this to purify aldehydes and ketones all the time.

pma and pmma I think might steam distil so your really left with vacuum distillation or chromatography for those two but they are easy to test for so I would say just

dont use the product if that is the case.

the pma is worse than the methylone so chuck it out.

purifying meth from normal cutters is easy but when you get another active with a amine group in it things get much harder for someone without a lab.

my self I would just vac distill it and it would be fixed in 30 minutes.

a grand or two later and your ready then you have to practice and learn how to vac distil not to mention that the cops will most like be on you like flys to shit if they find you with the equipment.

Last edited:
You can’t make any sort of conclusions from reagents besides knowing it isn’t what you bought. It’d be rare to actually find methylone these days, likely some other cathinone as they all react similarly.

I’d be surprised if you have any meth in there at all based on what the reagents are telling you. Rule of thumb if it tests bunk just toss it, it’s not worth the fight for maybe something.

-GC

too true G too true.

I would only think of purification on anything over an ounce and meth is easier to come by here at least than methylone or pma.

the pma is worse than the methylone so chuck it out.

purifying meth from normal cutters is easy but when you get another active with a amine group in it things get much harder for someone without a lab.

my self I would just vac distill it and it would be fixed in 30 minutes.

a grand or two later and your ready then you have to practice and learn how to vac distil not to mention that the cops will most like be on you like flys to shit if they find you with the equipment.
I'll look into the vacuum distillation, I have a lot of lab equipment, from seeking it out and from random things I've come across in my job I've been able to purchase for steam distilling essential oils.

ok you need to look into the pressure to bp gradient.

sigma has a nice table so you know what temp things come over under vac.

again not something I can go much into here.

Last edited:
ok you need to look into the pressure to bp gradient.

sigma has a nice table so you know what temp things come over under vac.

again not something I can go much into here.
I understand, is there a different platform you feel more comfortable talking on?