• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Meth/skin picking emergency

I made this acct in a flustered, desperate panic, but the engagement with yall as I worked through these hours has helped ground me and I feel rightfully human again. Much love.

We hope you stick around. We have a great community of people here discussing all kinds of stuff. Not just drug emergencies.

If you like, you can give a more balanced introduction to yourself here. Not compulsory though. https://www.bluelight.org/xf/forums/new-member-introductions.143/

You may be okay, I have caused some serious lesions on my face doing the same thing. Maybe some tea tree oil, triple antibiotic, and hydrocortisone might help, but if it's been more than a few hours, yeah maybe go to the ER. Can always give give a fake name.

After a week, some heavy moisturizer and might want to look into some scar fading cream as well ;)
Oh man, I am already working on my scars from before I figured out how to *not* let that Void Entity body snatch me. My skin was lookin great, I was doin so goooood, but this and that and whatever, got lazy I guess, let the shame and anxiety and indulgence and nihilism swoop me up for a moment. Had an accident. I think its funny that I didn't do my whole face like I've done in the past, just fucking drilled this hole that leads straight to china thru my chin.

We hope you stick around. We have a great community of people here discussing all kinds of stuff. Not just drug emergencies.

If you like, you can give a more balanced introduction to yourself here. Not compulsory though. https://www.bluelight.org/xf/forums/new-member-introductions.143/
I will do that. I was not myself until just a few replies ago, I was the alter-ego Murder Chin. They are the one with the drug emergencies. I'm the one that likes discussing all kinds of stuff. Thanks for your help, yall.

Thank you for validating my fear right out the gate, and for reminding me just now that no one on here has seen the dreadfully remastered pimple in question. I have decided to not go for the big sleep right away. I'm gonna take a trapnap for long enough to allow my body to hastily tend to itself, and wake up to check on it. And I'm setting up a just-in-case ride and a phone call from my friend.
Maybe someone else can chime in on this.

I'm not the most knowledgeable on this.

Thank you. A personal anecdote trumping my present nightmare is what I was waiting for in order to feel comfortable about believing that errythangs gon be okay. I just wasn't present enough, didn't make myself eat, sacrificed my presence of mind in todays comedown for last night's fantastical production of 'Day 4: the one ya didnt see comin and wont see goin'.
Yeeaaaahhhpppp. definitely feels a lot better when you can have some simple reassurement when you've been up that long.

Glad you're feeling better. That kind of situation is pretty unlikely to be life-threatening but nobody can diagnose you over a comment.
It's often best to be safe than sorry since we don't really knows the context, for all I know you could have been immunocompromised or might have been picking your face with some kind of dirty sharp object, etc... Many things are possible.

A dangerous and fast spreading infection will almost always be accompanied by a fever though. If the infection is localized then the area will start swelling and I'll feel hot to the touch.
Those are the main warning signs.

You'll probably be alright, take care of the wound and pay attention in case it gets infected.