• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth recovery : facial fat

mcflurry

Bluelighter
Heyhey,
so im recovering from heavy meth use over the past 3 years ( sober for 3 months now). mentally im feeling better than ever but when comparing pictures from now vs 4y ago, there definitely is some facial fat loss… feeling uneasy about it …

im 27yo now. male. healthy eating habits + cardio 3x/week.

will that ever „heal“? does anybody have any experience?

thanks in advance <3

Hey @mcflurry

That's so cool to hear that you're in recovery from the Methamphetamine. It's a pretty ruthless addiction/dependency and it ages people fast. My belief though, is that you will recover these things, but it might take a little more time. I do not believe for a moment that you can't get to where you were before. I mean, time has certain constraints upon us all, but you're not a "ruined" person man. You can recover. People won't look at you forever as a tweaker. It will all come together if you keep working at it.

Just use the progress you've made so far to propel you further through the uncertanties you're feeling now. I have so many similar worries in recovery and I've been derailed more than once by them. Perhaps, I wasn't using Meth or worrying about my face specifically, but I had the same worries you have now. What if, how, when, is it possible to recover? All of that stuff is part of recovery. IF you keep working at it, things will keep getting better.

To be totally blunt, I think you have been around Meth long enough to call it a temporary dalliance and then move on with the rest of your life. If you are a truly beautiful person, that will show.

Heyhey,
so im recovering from heavy meth use over the past 3 years ( sober for 3 months now). mentally im feeling better than ever but when comparing pictures from now vs 4y ago, there definitely is some facial fat loss… feeling uneasy about it …

im 27yo now. male. healthy eating habits + cardio 3x/week.

will that ever „heal“? does anybody have any experience?

thanks in advance <3
If you get back to eating properly your facial fat will return. It may take a little while, your body will be using the nutrients you are getting now to heal and recover and facial fat is a long way down the list of tasks right now. Ya know?

Keep up the good work, you’ll get there just focus on what you need to do today. Everything else will come with time. ❤️

@MsDiz @Keif' Richards thanks so much for the kind words. the scars on my arms have faded completely already (and i used to reuse needles quite often so you can imagine the damage...) so im sure everything else will fall into place as well :)
If you can find “Bio oil” we have it here in Ireland/UK. It’s a great lotion for scars, I used it for my C section scar and you can barely see it now. Even just moisturising your skin will help wonders.

Any issues or questions there are loads of people here to help. ❤️