• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth Meth Primer: Post Your Meth Tips Hints & Hacks Here

If my shots were too thick, I'd get a flash, but it looks like the dope just pushes the blood back in, and get mad resistance. No matter how it feels I don't mess with resistance, you just never know.
Get a bigger gauge too, I don't know if I mentioned that. Definitely helps.
Smoke a little too, takes the pressure off of the shooting gallery.
I’m using pretty much as big of a gauge possible. 28 gauge and I’m using shorts. I guess I just need to add more water to the shot but as I’m sure you know already it dilutes the hit some.

Hello fellow bluelighters can anyone tell me if I should be concerned about this. About 2 days ago I shot up in my leg (I know I shouldn’t but arm veins are getting impossible to hit) and when I was getting ready to do another about 5-6 hours after I noticed where I had shot up hurts pretty bad and was getting pretty red. I slept on it (slept for about 24 hrs since I had been up several days) well when I woke up it didn’t hurt as bad but the redness seems to be spreading and it’s definitely warm to the touch but also the pain is slowly getting better. Is this something I should be concerned about? Does it seem like it’s time for another trip to the hospital? Also the skin around it feels very tight and almost “hard” feeling

I’m using pretty much as big of a gauge possible. 28 gauge and I’m using shorts. I guess I just need to add more water to the shot but as I’m sure you know already it dilutes the hit some.
I'm sorry! I wish I had better advice for you. I've been there and know how frustrating it is! If I think of anything else I'll let you know

Obviously havnt read all 45 pages but I read a few and found it odd no one mentioned using light bulbs?

They are like the most classic way to smoke meth when in a jam and you don't have a pipe or foil. If you get a clear light bulb(or frosted but can't remember how you defrost them) you just break off the end that goes into the socket and use the light bulb like a pipe except obviously only one in and out so you just kinda hover near it with your mouth and inhale with pinched lips.
Take a torch and heat a small spot on the fat part of the bulb till its red hot and then blow into the bulb while keeping the torch there in the same spot. Itll pop, then use the torch to heat the hole up and it'll clean off any glass slag. Voila, meth pipe.

For those of you who use pipes, and the glass gets all pitted after a lot of use, or badly stained DONT use a torch to clean it. It just makes it all hazy looking. That haze is actually microscopic pits and little pockets caused by air bubbles and the dope residue cooking into the glass while superheated. It'll screw up your pipe real bad and it'll make anything burn up quick.

Serious shit, I keep a bottle of Whink Rust Stain Remover just for this. Put about a spoonful in your pipe (if you save your stem scrape it first because it'll be gone if you don't) when that is in your bowl, take a torch and boil it. You can watch all the pits and stain lift out like a waffle. Rinse it out after it cools down and voila: brand new glass. Seriously. Everyone that I've shown this to is amazed. I've been using the same bowl for almost a year now.

Take a torch and heat a small spot on the fat part of the bulb till its red hot and then blow into the bulb while keeping the torch there in the same spot. Itll pop, then use the torch to heat the hole up and it'll clean off any glass slag. Voila, meth pipe.
First thing to do is to break the black ceramic ring on the base of the bulb. Use a flathead screwdriver and tap it with a hammer to crack this. Then use the screwdriver to carefully break, gut, and scrape out the insides of the bulb, all the filament bits and whatnot. Be careful doing this, obviously, and empty the guts into the trash can. Rinse the bulb out several times with water and sling it dry, then pat it with paper towels. It's good to go just like that if you hold a ⅓-length straw in your mouth, no carb hole needed. Trouble with the carb hole is it will strain the glass and the bulb will break sooner.

Any time glass gets that hot the whole piece should technically be annealed in a kiln. I will concede though: it's cool AF to torch a hole into the side of a lightbulb like that, and it's just a lightbulb, so what if you break a few? Lol

Serious shit, I keep a bottle of Whink Rust Stain Remover just for this. Put about a spoonful in your pipe (if you save your stem scrape it first because it'll be gone if you don't) when that is in your bowl, take a torch and boil it. You can watch all the pits and stain lift out like a waffle. Rinse it out after it cools down and voila: brand new glass. Seriously. Everyone that I've shown this to is amazed. I've been using the same bowl for almost a year now.
I typically will just use a little alcohol and a q-tip most of the time, but once in a while I bathe it in NaOH solution and it comes out clean after ~30 min. But I'm interested in your trying your method now. Good tip!

First thing to do is to break the black ceramic ring on the base of the bulb. Use a flathead screwdriver and tap it with a hammer to crack this. Then use the screwdriver to carefully break, gut, and scrape out the insides of the bulb, all the filament bits and whatnot. Be careful doing this, obviously, and empty the guts into the trash can. Rinse the bulb out several times with water and sling it dry, then pat it with paper towels. It's good to go just like that if you hold a ⅓-length straw in your mouth, no carb hole needed. Trouble with the carb hole is it will strain the glass and the bulb will break sooner.

Any time glass gets that hot the whole piece should technically be annealed in a kiln. I will concede though: it's cool AF to torch a hole into the side of a lightbulb like that, and it's just a lightbulb, so what if you break a few? Lol

I typically will just use a little alcohol and a q-tip most of the time, but once in a while I bathe it in NaOH solution and it comes out clean after ~30 min. But I'm interested in your trying your method now. Good tip!
I'd recommend a pair of scissors rather than a screwdriver personally, though either would work. A pair with long skinny tips. Should be just big enough to open the tips enough to clamp down on the glass inside the bulb, allowing you to easily shatter the bits into small enough pieces to fall through. Any bits that are still too big you can clamp down on and pull out with scissors.

Last edited:
Spot on when they get hszey they will punish your product mega quick. Just rinse it in water every load and pipes stay pristine for a long time.

Where to find cheap pipes/pipe nicknames?
I’ve always called it my smoking lamp, but oil burner is the preferred in public.
Ways to get more out of smoking.
If you know how to drive you’ll know how to do this. 10 & 2 rule here. Apply heat while the “carb” is at noon aka facing up. As the shard turns to oil and no longer has a solid grip on the bottom, slowly rotate between 10 (left 22.5-30 degrees from starting point) and 2 (140 degrees from current point) while hitting the pipe like snoop on his blunts.

For those of you who use pipes, and the glass gets all pitted after a lot of use, or badly stained DONT use a torch to clean it. It just makes it all hazy looking. That haze is actually microscopic pits and little pockets caused by air bubbles and the dope residue cooking into the glass while superheated. It'll screw up your pipe real bad and it'll make anything burn up quick.

You can also add some plain old cigarette ashes to your bowl, wet a q-tip and wipe away all residue inside as well. Works better than you think it would.

Why make homemade meth pipes? do they not give out meth bubbles for free at pretty much any needle exchange? I know I can grab them by the handful if I wanted

Hello fellow bluelighters can anyone tell me if I should be concerned about this. About 2 days ago I shot up in my leg (I know I shouldn’t but arm veins are getting impossible to hit) and when I was getting ready to do another about 5-6 hours after I noticed where I had shot up hurts pretty bad and was getting pretty red. I slept on it (slept for about 24 hrs since I had been up several days) well when I woke up it didn’t hurt as bad but the redness seems to be spreading and it’s definitely warm to the touch but also the pain is slowly getting better. Is this something I should be concerned about? Does it seem like it’s time for another trip to the hospital? Also the skin around it feels very tight and almost “hard” feeling
That sounds like a reaction to an infection, you might need better sterile technique. How is the leg doing now? I see its been a while

1. Have you seen the Keyring Trick?
  2. Be prepared for anything. If you think it might be useful on your adventure, take it. You never know when or what you’ll need.
  3. Have a locking kit to prevent mysterious disappearances and walkaways.
  4. NextDistro.org and Nasen.org both provide resources/links to syringe exchange services and often will ship you supplies needed. This includes Narcan/Naxolone. Keep one on hand at all times.
  5. Always have a mg scale to check your weight before driving off from your plug. Keep your plug straight or someone from skimping on your bag. Be polite and respectful but don’t take any shit. It’s a good way to get scammed.
  6. Needle too long? Take the needle cap, compare it side by side to the needle, mark the length you need, and cut the cap with sharp scissors. Slip the cap back on and into place and voila, your ½” needle is now 5/16”.
  7. Never let your stash out of eyesight.
  8. Never let someone else prepare your shot or let it out of eyesight. You need to know exactly what is in it at all times to prevent mishaps or regrettable/dangerous situations.
  9. Never bust out your full stash in front of someone.
  10. When you finish using, immediately put your stash away and double check that all materials are gone. I promise, at some point you’re going to question whether you put everything away or not. So do it right the first time and all the time to prevent doubt.
  11. Amazon.com for any supplies or tools you can’t get from the exchange. Amazon has a tool for EVERYTHING from borosilicate straws and sniff kits to needles and safety supplies if you know what to search for. I keep a running shopping list of everything I have bought and what I want to buy in order to save time and effort. Saves you from being embarrassed walking into the pharmacy or public to buy your sharps.
  12. Not at home or need a clean workspace? Keep a 3x3 mini tarp folded up in your kit as a makeshift work area.
  13. Pack up anything and everything you think you might need for your journey. Nothing is worse than needing something and not being prepared.
  14. When it comes to supplies, overdo it. You’re going to run through more than you think and will probably end up waiting on delivery at some point. So stay ahead and always order before you're out. Ideally ¾ of the way or so.
  15. Can’t find a vein?
    1. Take a hot shower
    2. Exercise or workout (specifically your arms)
    3. Stay hydrated
    4. Swing your arm in a circular motion so centrifugal force pushes your blood into your arm. This plumps the veins.
    5. Use a rubber or elastic tourniquet. You want it loose enough to let blood in under pressure but tight enough to linger in your vein to cause it to swell. ALWAYS release before injecting your full shot.
    6. Use a flashlight pressed into your arm to see your veins, if needed take a pen or marker and mark out several points to try. Never inject directly over the spot, it’s only a guide so always go slightly to the side after using an alcohol swab.
  16. Use the smallest gauge needles you possibly can (the higher the gauge, the smaller the needle bore). This reduces trauma to your skin, marking, bleeding, bruising and other damage to your body.
  17. You get the same rush whether it's a “thick shot or thin,” a few seconds pushing extra solution in will not greatly impact your rush or its onset but it will corrode and damage your veins causing them to disappear faster.
  18. Before preparing your shot, slide the plunger up and down several times in the barrel to lubricate the barrel and prevent the plunger from getting stuck or needing too much force to inject.
  19. Can’t find a plug? Download Grindr, spring for the extra subscription and start hunting. Gays love their drugs, I guarantee you’ll find a supply before the end of the week muchless the month.
  20. Anytime you meet a new plug, save their info. There will come a time when your main plug is inevitably unavailable or disappears and you will be in need of an alternate source. Periodically buy from your backup plug to maintain lines of communication. That said, plug loyalty is great…but it must be earned.
  21. Don't promise or offer anyone anything and don’t let anyone do the same for you. It's a good way to “owe” someone.
  22. Always pay for your supply upfront, never take it on credit or loan. There will come a day when you can’t pay up or something happens and bridges will be burned.
  23. Don’t nickel and dime your plug, it’s get annoying as shit to deal with 87 times a day. Be prepared to buy what you’ll go through, not what you THINK you’ll go through. Also, the more you buy, the better the cost per unit…meaning that you get more weight for less overall money.
  24. Have residue in your baggie you can get out? Take your filter and get it wet, then using tweezers rub it inside the baggies until it comes bag crystal clear. Repeat as needed and add that last little bit of oomph to your hit. Waste not Want not.
  25. Save those little silica packets that come in packages. If you're going to insist on doing cotton shots, either let them dry before closing them up to discourage bacterial growth or put it in a container with a silica gel packet to extract excess moisture.
  26. When in doubt, tap out. If you have any sort of bad feeling or vibe about whats to go down…don’t do it. It’s wise to trust your gut instinct plus feeling safe and secure will make your hit that much better.

Coming in mad late with this response, but it sounds like you missed the vein and injected into the surrounding tissue. This often leads to a painful infection that you most likely will want to go to the doctor over so you can get some antibiotics and/or have them possibly aspirate the wound currently. In theory though, your body should be able to fight off the infection and eventually absorb the material; however, in a worst case scenario, you could die from the infection poisoning your blood and/or perhaps lose that limb if necrosis set in following the infection. Obviously it's been a while, so what did you end up doing?

Consider vaporizing your meth next time, or even just orally consuming it. It still works, and it's a lot safer than chasing a rush, risking strokes and shit from the overload of meth, and risking the invasive nature of needles. You can only roll the dice so many times, ya know? And each injection is just that. Not to mention, you're not a pin cushion and you should give your poor veins and skin and whatnot a break. Just my $0.02 anyway.

Obviously havnt read all 45 pages but I read a few and found it odd no one mentioned using light bulbs?

They are like the most classic way to smoke meth when in a jam and you don't have a pipe or foil. If you get a clear light bulb(or frosted but can't remember how you defrost them) you just break off the end that goes into the socket and use the light bulb like a pipe except obviously only one in and out so you just kinda hover near it with your mouth and inhale with pinched lips.
Speaking as an electrician and from a harm reduction standpoint, be VERY careful about using light bulbs. Maybe with the normal old style incandescent bulbs you are ok, but fluorescent type have mercury in them, and ones like metal halides and high-pressure sodium that people use for street lighting or for weed growing have all kinds of nasty shit in them. I don't know about LED bulbs, but I wouldn't trust them, either. Washing may not do any good because it could be baked in by the heat of the bulb and only released when you heat it up for use.

Speaking as an electrician and from a harm reduction standpoint, be VERY careful about using light bulbs. Maybe with the normal old style incandescent bulbs you are ok, but fluorescent type have mercury in them, and ones like metal halides and high-pressure sodium that people use for street lighting or for weed growing have all kinds of nasty shit in them. I don't know about LED bulbs, but I wouldn't trust them, either. Washing may not do any good because it could be baked in by the heat of the bulb and only released when you heat it up for use.
Yeah this is only for incandescent lightbulbs, or i.e. the oldschool, screw-in style. Certainly not any grow lights, grow bulbs, certainly not HPS or Hg-based lights, like you mentioned. No compact fluorescent lights, and IDK either regarding LED bulbs. They might be ok-ish, but actually I doubt any of it is totally harmless. (Sodium borosilicate would be better here.)

Consider: 1. diluents in the glass composition like soda lime and shit like that, and 2. there's a glue that holds/seals the metal to the glass piece. Can't say it seems but so healthy to go heating up & inhaling street drugs in that glass. Having said that, I've definitely done this in the past many, many times, so I'm not judging anyone for doing it—I'm hypocritical enough already without that. In a pinch, it's a decent drug parlor trick though. The frosting washes out easily with water rinsing, actually.

Yeah this is only for incandescent lightbulbs, or i.e. the oldschool, screw-in style. Certainly not any grow lights, grow bulbs, certainly not HPS or Hg-based lights, like you mentioned. No compact fluorescent lights, and IDK either regarding LED bulbs. They might be ok-ish, but actually I doubt any of it is totally harmless. (Sodium borosilicate would be better here.)

Consider: 1. diluents in the glass composition like soda lime and shit like that, and 2. there's a glue that holds/seals the metal to the glass piece. Can't say it seems but so healthy to go heating up & inhaling street drugs in that glass. Having said that, I've definitely done this in the past many, many times, so I'm not judging anyone for doing it—I'm hypocritical enough already without that. In a pinch, it's a decent drug parlor trick though. The frosting washes out easily with water rinsing, actually.
Yup, definitely just something reserved for classic Edison bulbs which are becoming more and more rare these days. I always avoided the frosted ones but I broke one recently by accident and touched the inside out if curiosity and was surprised it's just a loose powder.