Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Meth OD Hallucinatory Trip of 36+ Hours

woodyfence

Bluelighter
I've never seen a report on the hallucinations caused by the excessive dopamine output of methamphetamine. I stumbled upon it by accident after about 30 hours, and the hallucinations lasted about 36 hours as my cells were annihilated. Note these are not caused by sleep deprivation combined with a stim; I've had mild eye corner hallucinations caused by staying up for about 36 hours on the stimulant psychedelic DOC. This is caused by dopamine forcing itself into cells it's not meant to enter. I ended up trying this mostly because I'm ADHD, and meth can be prescribed as Desoxyn by the U.S.A. pharmaceutical industry. I tried it shortly after my disastrous experiments with methylphenidate. I also submitted this trip report to Erowid and PsychonautWiki.

~7:30 p.m. - I just tried meth. I snorted it twice Sunday and snorted it repeatedly every few hours as I stayed up all night Monday until I snorted a line at 7:30 p.m. I had been having acetylcholine visuals for a good hour, and they died down for a bit, so I snorted 45 mg. I got charged by a one meter tall black spinning wire monster shaped like the Interactive Buddy as I walked around my bed. I walked around my bed after doing that line, and I see him standing there with arms outstretched 45 degrees toward the ground, and then he raised his right arm and pointed it at me. He charged right through me, then I turned and watched him dance and fade smoothly into my backpack in the corner. I actually picked up the backpack and looked behind it because it was so realistic, and I saw nothing. I then sat down and within a minute, I saw about 40 realistic black and very slightly rainbow black widow spiders charging me from all sides in waves for about an entire hour. Each wave took about one or two seconds to reach me before they instantly reappeared back from the wall about four meters away. They were each about a half meter in diameter. I tried to focus on my computer because it really sucked as my cells were penetrated and annihilated by the unhampered dopamine efflux. I see bugs crawling all over in the carpet and faces swirling. I'm getting briefly touched on the back of my neck, on my leg, and all over my body. I did some research while being attacked by hallucinations, and it was probably in part due to my M1 muscarinic receptor being dogged by excessive dopamine output. Of course there are a ton more mechanisms touched by the excessive dopamine output, but research is hard to come by. https://www.researchgate.net/public...hetamine-induced_psychomotor_stimulant_effect

7:00 a.m. - I saw a 2D (but sometimes morphing in 3D ways) black entity in my carpet reminiscent of a cartoon 30's gangster I decided to call Mr. Homie. He had a suit, hat, and flat top sunglasses, and was about 20-25 cm tall. Mr. Homie had the power to paint 40+ variations of something onto my vision, and by that I mean he reacted to the things being painted, and he also reacted to me. He appeared to be some kind of cerebral cortex manifestation reacting to my normal prefrontal cortex thoughts as I walked around my apartment. I remember seeing a Salamence before it was butchered and transfigured into something homosexual and violent. The gay stuff was something like Meatwad from Aqua Teen shaking his ass in the intro of the last season of Aqua Teen, or it could be two shadow dudes/animals/monsters fucking. I hypothesize there are some connections in my brain that are opened by a lack of choline driven by the M1 receptor I mentioned, allowing the cerebral cortex to bring info from the hippocampus and place it into the ocular electrical feed before it arrives at the prefrontal cortex for analysis. It could feed memories like hold up a cheeseburger to show me I should eat because my body was hungry.

I was very noticeably surprised and astonished by my hallucinations at every turn. Because of this surprising result, it looks like GABA neurons can become addicted to one's own dopamine supply, and it is known that GABA withdrawal can be deadly. Everywhere I looked, spiders and bugs were already there, and they were realistic 3D moving entities. These entities were up to a meter in diameter. They were formed of swirling black lines, some small enough to create a realistic entity while others were meter wide chaotic swirling lines. I could not hear them; lack of glutamate allows that auditory hallucinatory connection to come to my prefrontal cortex if I'm to believe my many dissociative experiments. Alternatively, perhaps severing some other connection makes it impossible to hallucinate many sound frequencies at all. Mr. Homie was working to scare me because I fucked my my amp shit and fucked myself over with meth, but I can't be scared. Mr. Homie kept taunting me, laughing, and making gay shadow caricatures. These hallucinations lasted about 24 hours as the dopamine probably had no natural mechanism to be removed from its destructive, unnatural place in various acetylcholine and hormonal synapses. It took until about 7:00 a.m. the next day for the hallucinatory experience to be over. I actually felt mostly fine after the experiment, but that damage is definitely irreversible.

I'm never using meth again because it irked me from the moment I used it, just like Vyvanse. I don't like the excessive DA to NE ratio, nor the sigma 2 (shiny specs in vision like 3-MeO-PCE?) activation and the serotonin release. I snorted it over 5 days, and I stayed up 58 hours straight. When I peed, the smell was of putrid chemicals and lingered in my bathroom for a few days. The acetylcholine problem snuck up on me again like when I tried using MDA to fix immediate amphetamine withdrawal, but this time I wasn't plagued with suicidal thoughts, and the hallucinations were different and mostly visual. Dopamine overflows into serotonin, acetylcholine, and finally, adrenal receptors to try to safely displace the excess dopamine. Various other mechanisms like hormones for human growth and child bearing are likely affected too. If you continue to use meth after having a pissed off adrenal hallucination, I'm sure the hallucinations become gigantic and you die in slow motion.

Methamphetamine appeared to have NET properties since it burned me over my whole body like 4-HO-MET and like burning withdrawals people describe from cocaine and crack. It lacks the necessary dopamine inhibiting function which amphetamine possesses, and I think this leads to the poisonous feeling even in small amounts. Perhaps eventually the excess dopamine flows into the dopamine inhibiting mechanism, providing a false sense of security like when the unnatural, dopaminergic acetylcholine action brings a false sense of calmness to the experience. Before I started hallucinating, the frequencies of sound I could hear were altered to make everything sound like it was coming from a tin drum. It doesn't appear suitable for use by anyone except folks in a warzone.

The excessive dopamine output and lack of an inhibiting mechanism by meth and newer drugs (possibly like A-PVP) saws into the body, allowing many hidden mechanisms to be unearthed and subsequently destroyed or abused. This can create the sadistic types like Hitler, the melted uncaring folk like many homeless, and even gays and pedophiles by altering the natural mechanisms involved in child care and sex. The government is trying to maintain these things using ADHD as a cover for its Desoxyn prescription, which I'm sure a high ranking politician like Prince Andrew or a wealthy socialite like Jeffrey Epstein would have no issue obtaining. It's only approved for 5 mg, but it would be easy to forge the documents and siphon more of the drug from the documented, restricted medical output. It would also be easy to masquerade illicitly produced meth as prescription Desoxyn, and no tricks would be needed for the medical records. I think prescription methamphetamine, Desoxyn, should be banned.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report. I have never had hallucinations from meth specifically, but I did get them once really strongly when I had been binging n-ethyl-hexedrone. I was also taking bits of etizolam, and I reached the very edge of stimulant psychosis, that is, I knew I was hallucinating, I didn't lose the plot. It was actually an awesome experience but I finished it off then and didn't do any stims for a while. I was sitting at my desk and there seemed to be a guy sitting next to me, writing on a stack of paper. I could hear his pencil scratching, and periodically he would look at me. I only saw him when I wasn't looking right at him, when I looked straight on, he would disappear. The coolest part was the audio hallucinations, though. It seemed for all the world like there were 3 radio stations broadcasting from 3 different objects in the room with me. My printer was a sort of just random Mexican radio station, then the front door was a talk radio show where the people were sometimes talking about random stuff and sometimes talking about what I was doing (I can see this being terrifying if I had believed it was real but since I didn't it was just funny), and the kitchen table was playing the most INCREDIBLE music... I wish I could have recorded it, it was phenomenal.

I walked around the room and no matter where I went, the radio stations kept playing and were clearly coming from those 3 objects. It was so realistic. A super cool experience, but only because I was lucid, I stopped right then and tossed the last couple of doses I was going to do because I didn't want to tip over into psychosis.

here's a video which explains what excess dopamine does to the brain, or at least it's role in hallucination/delusions

dopamine is supposed to mediate salience in the brain, but with enough dopamine floating around it becomes the salience itself, thus hallucinations

although, this video really focuses on delusions and not really hallucinations, but it's still relevant

dopamine is supposed to mediate salience in the brain, but with enough dopamine floating around it becomes the salience itself, thus hallucinations
Yeah I've found the dopamine system to greatly mediate the outside world's relevance in one's brain (and the rest of the body!). Interestingly, since meth causes the internal dopamine releasing mechanism to overflow dopamine into other neurons' synapses in the body, those unnaturally affected neurons can become addicted to that neuron controlling salient dopamine output. In some sense, people can become absorbed with themselves and very narcissistic without salience for the outside world. I suppose that since the chain of command goes METH -> DA Releasing Neuron -> Other Neurons with Addictive Properties, just ingesting meth would not be enough to satisfy those neurons addicted to the excessive dopamine output, leading to very drastic and dangerous outcomes. Perhaps then the drug user might seek out another drug with excessive dopamine output to satisfy their addiction. I forgot to mention this in my report, but I was very noticeably surprised and astonished by my hallucinations at every turn. It looks like GABA neurons can become addicted to one's own dopamine supply, and it is known that GABA withdrawal can be deadly. I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.

The most full blown stimulant hallucinations I've had was after IV binging shots of 4FA an entire weekend. A small crumbled paper on the floor turned into a full size clown looking directly at it.

I saw shadow people everywhere in my house. The clown thing was so vivid and real it was amazing.

Lots of voices in my head.

The interesting thing was that the first shots were typical stimulant hits. But after a day (maybe 6 or 7 shots?) Each shot became a complete downer. Like an IV benzo injection or an opioid shot with without the euphoria. I would nod out just like an opioid for a while after each injection.