• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth... Need help now...Accidentally shot into an artery in my arm

thelung

Bluelighter
Hello I accidentally did a shot and it went into an artery in my arm instead of the vein. My arm feels tingly and the tips of my fingers kind of Sting but other than that I'm not experiencing any thing painful. Do I need to seek medical attention? Thank you for your help.

Thelung

Im not entirely sure I know it isn't good, Ive heard of people going for the artery on purpose though. You may want to call 911 and ask

Anyhow, it should go away in 3-4hrs ( burning/swelling). Please apply a warm compress/massage. Then for the last touch, apply some body creme. ( If you have ). In 2 weeks you should fully heal. Snap your fingers, make some movement. As for ER, unless it gets worse.. I suggest for now, let it be like this.

Anyhow, it should go away in 3-4hrs ( burning/swelling). Please apply a warm compress/massage. Then for the last touch, apply some body creme. ( If you have ). In 2 weeks you should fully heal. Snap your fingers, make some movement. As for ER, unless it gets worse.. I suggest for now, let it be like this.
Hey thanks for the prompt reply. My arm is just a tad tingly...no adverse reaction: it didn't burn or hurt when I pushed in. I don't feel the shot, that's the only negative thing

Well it's 2 hours later

My arm feels really heavy and stiff... like something is off

I really hope I didn't fuck my limb up beyond repair

That's the way things work. When you hit the artery you waste the bullet.

As for the limb.. let's wait 1 week as I said. If you still feel like this, please contact a doctor.

Just did a quick google search and basically the drug ends up going straight into tissue in the arm as opposed to up the bloodstream to the heart and spread throughout, watch out for your fingers or toes on the affected limb make sure they aren't cold or blue as you can get gangrene. I would say try to talk to a med professional if you can right now who knows what the hospitals are gonna be like soon

Im not entirely sure I know it isn't good, Ive heard of people going for the artery on purpose though.
You've heard of people going for an artery on purpose? Why? It wastes the drugs sending them to your extremities. Hitting your neck inter-arterial might mean fatal brain swelling AFAIK (this from someone who hits his neck IV as a matter of course whenever I use a syringe)

I've edit: accidentally shot arterys before, the stinging is normal, and depending on the product you might lose sensation of touch, power to move your fingers and in wcs have skin peeling. It's all normal, when hitting an artery, especially if it was a very concentrated shot.. How's your meth's quality? Depending on it it will go away faster. The sense of touch alleviation might last for two to three weeks and the power to clap your fingers ex given comes back after a few hours/days in the worst case. Have you noticed any swelling or reddening along the artery? Or in the case of clogging how does the reddness of your fingertips look and how long does it take for it to go from white to red when you push the top of your index between your index and your thumb? If it takes more than a half second to become red again you might want to take a hot shower and drink salted water, as it makes your tension go up. Also do push ups and swing your arm around yourself in order to make the bloodflow go to its extremities. That if your blood isn't running normally to your fingers anymore, possibly due to clogging. Anyway, wish you best,
Gaffy

Last edited:
You've heard of people going for an artery on purpose? Why? It wastes the drugs sending them to your extremities. Hitting your neck inter-arterial might mean fatal brain swelling AFAIK (this from someone who hits his neck IV as a matter of course whenever I use a syringe)
I think its when people have no veins left to hit and are extremely desperate, if im remembering right I saw it in a documentary where this lady was doing it into the femoral artery and the thigh was all sunken on the inside of the leg

I think its when people have no veins left to hit and are extremely desperate, if im remembering right I saw it in a documentary where this lady was doing it into the femoral artery and the thigh was all sunken on the inside of the leg
Doesn't make any sense, it is better and more bio available to snort than to IA shoot I would imagine.

I wasn't trying to hit the artery on purpose...I was using a location on my arm I never use for IV (dumb idea when I had my usual sure thing vein site elsewhere) . I noticed the blood was slightly brighter, but I didn't think it was bright enough to indicate an artery. So I pushed the shot in. It was like 30 units. I had cellulitis years ago after a missed IV meth experience, and I had moderate-severe pain before 24 hours had even gone by. It's been 24 hours now. I should be ok

It's been 11 days since my accidental intra-arterial injection. My arm feels completely back to normal. Thank you all for helping me with information regarding this subject. Also thank you bluelight for being there for me when I needed you.

I have accidentally hit an artery before and I don't understand how anyone could get a shot in. The syringe was filled with a RUSH of bright red orange blood and the end of the plunger almost shot out. It was scary as hell. A big risk when accidentally hitting an artery is a tear. The larger gauges have a chance of really doing some damage, and the blood is pumping so hard and so fast it can be difficult to stop the bleeding.

Take care of your arm as you would with a miss. Heat, elevation, ace bandage. Be cautious about taking any sort of pain killer that may thin the blood.

Don't be a hero and go to the ER if you have very troubling symptoms.this goes for anyone!

I'm glad you're ok!

I have accidentally hit an artery before and I don't understand how anyone could get a shot in. The syringe was filled with a RUSH of bright red orange blood and the end of the plunger almost shot out. It was scary as hell. A big risk when accidentally hitting an artery is a tear. The larger gauges have a chance of really doing some damage, and the blood is pumping so hard and so fast it can be difficult to stop the bleeding.

Take care of your arm as you would with a miss. Heat, elevation, ace bandage. Be cautious about taking any sort of pain killer that may thin the blood.

Don't be a hero and go to the ER if you have very troubling symptoms.this goes for anyone!

I'm glad you're ok!
Thank you @LadyAlkaline for your concern!

My arm was a little tingly for a day , then it felt completely normal.thank you for replying! Mods can close

Why would you always need to go to the ER? Serious question, first time I hit an artery it was dark and clear mixed and it hurt like none other, burned so bad in my finger tips I wanted to tear my arm off, that lasted all of 1 minute, I think I hit at a stop light if I rember right so that was sort of the worst part and the dumb feeling of sucha swollen limb, but even that only last four hours or so and by the next morning it’s like it never happened. Today it happened again which is why I came here, just really dark dark, like not a good sort of dark, west coast smack attack shiz. Anyways maybe a little clear in there, but this time the arm sensation was less pain, I didn’t finish the shot as I knew what was happening before I got halfway, this time I got a horrible pounding headache and started sweating like mad. I took three ibroufen which I wasn’t sure if was wise or not, but for the headache it was necessary. Between the sweating and the headache I almost went to the ER, but it started to chill after ten minutes and I fell asleep, waking to all but slight swelling still apparent. The weird part for me is the blood is very dark still, the stream is very rapid though, still makes it hard for me to know till I have the hot lava sensation going into my fingers, like they need some place to go but don’t have anywhere so they pool down there trying to melt there way through the finger tips, blah seriously sucks, twice is hopefully all for me getting clean next week! Xans gaba, weed and tv any other suggestions? Sorry I know that’s off topic..

It can be incredibly serious, you can lose limbs, in extreme cases it can be fatal. No one on the Internet knows if it's going to just go away. Some issues may not even be apparent. Chances are it will pass. But in terms of HR, no one can be sure of that. It's not like someone getting a histamine reaction and freaking out, there's really no way here for anyone to know if it's going to have lasting consequences or no. It's that only advise that meets harm-reduction standards.

Regarding getting clean, try your best to avoid benzos, gaba, etc. They won't be effective all that along and in the end you're just compounding the issue. Best bet is to take yourself into an environment you can force-detox (i.e; you're not relying on your strength of will during WD/s, instead get somewhere where there's no access and no options).

Regarding weed -it is amazingly effective for RLS.