• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth Etiquette

nbigler4

Greenlighter
New to the forum.

I’m more familiar with the IV route when I use meth. But I’ve recently decided to steer clear of needles and have decided to smoke it if I HAVE to use it at all. I went from IV everyday for 4 years and then slowed down to IV once a month. Now I’m up to using it a couple times a month now; smoking only. No IV.

Anyways, I think I already know the answer to this, but if someone loans me their pipe and it’s got shit in there, I return the pipe with the same amount I smoked? Basically just replace what was in the pipe...?

Also, I see that some people are swearing against torches and others are against BIC lighters when heating the pipe. What’s the bottom line? Just keep the flame from touching the bowl, right?

I’m still learning how to properly smoke a bowl without burning what I’ve got.

First welcome to bluelight, and congratulations on stopping IV meth, thats a good thing.

As far as the etiquette however, I'm afraid I can't help you (I have never loaned nor have been loaned a pipe of any sort). Seems logical that if it had an appreciable amount of drugs in the pipe you'd return it in that state. How much residue are we talking about (do people really leave large amounts of unvaporized meth in their pipes)?

I haven't had methamphetamine in a very long time but in the times I don't recall ever having a "save some for later" mentality. I suppose if you use it frequently you may regulate your usage a little more.

Thank you for the welcome!

My boyfriend loaned his pipe to me tonight. He had left some in there, I didn’t check beforehand but I was ablet to get 4-5 decent hits off what he left behind.

I don’t want to give it back empty and have him gripe at me about it later and I don’t want to ask him for fear of coming across as “stupid”, so I thought I’d ask a bunch of strangers instead. Lol

I don't have experience with this predicament, but I'd imagine he'd be pumped if you left him around the amount he had left. I'm not 100% sure what you mean when you say he "left some in there.". Well, I don't know if you mean he left enough residue for 4 decent hits or like an actual crystal in the pipe. Either way, safe to say he'd probably appreciate it.

It's like someone loaning you their car. You don't necessarily have to fill the tank all the way up, but giving the car back with at least as much gas as was in there when you got the car is the courteous thing to do.

Any thoughts on the torch vs. lighter?

I don't smoke it, but from everything i've read and seen in person, a torch lighter is the way to go.

Unless you're smoking it off foil, which in that case, a normal lighter is the move. But you obviously have a pipe, so yeah, torch lighter.

Damn if your boyfriend would ridicule you for asking him about it... sounds like he's kind of a prick!

i always use the smallest flame possible when smoking either with pipes or foils.To me, half the fun of meth is the process of smoking it. Up and down the foil, and round and round the pipe. I wouldn't use a butane light though, but that's just me....

Last edited:
Torches work good if you pack a fat bowl and if the pookie is thick glass..you torch it and hold it for a few secs and then remove the torch but still keep rocking the bowl.. However i prefer to use cheap lighters on low flame..cuz rather than trying to preserve it id rather just get an actual satisfying hit :) blue flame is good too

Curious about smoking meth whats the high like?? is it the same as crack just better and lasts longer or is it like adderal

I think Bic lighters are the best. You don't want to burn the meth, that's the main thing. Try putting small amounts in first and try both methods. If you know what your doing, torches can be used really effectively but if you just smash the pipe on high you will burn the meth and for me, smoking burnt meth takes all of the enjoyment out of it and you get a really gross and dirty high.

If it’s your boyfriend sharing is caring,

I personally wouldn’t take someone’s pipe if it had residue in it, if I had to borrow it I’d hand it back clean that’s etiquette.

id never hand it back with anything in it. Everybody burns their pipe differently so to me it’s a chore I’d have to do especially if they returned it and it was burnt.

So I brought a pack of 50 BIC lighters and the missus and I went through them about 1 a day between us. They are ok but smoking takes too long, but a good quality torch, don’t put the flame up too high and pay attention to what your gear is doing. Bic lighters are good to start with while you get the hang of it but torches are the way to go.

Attachments

• DA9AD05C-5BDC-4533-8D55-6C1E1B4D7F91.jpeg
    DA9AD05C-5BDC-4533-8D55-6C1E1B4D7F91.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 86E3A98D-A7A6-4D84-B82D-DA04804850E0.jpeg
    86E3A98D-A7A6-4D84-B82D-DA04804850E0.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 17
i can’t say for sure but I know sometimes my friends can’t blow big clouds and I e noticed it’s because they are getting the bowl too hot. It’s kind of a delicate process and isn’t something you should rush. You want to get the bow to the right temperature and keep it that way. I’ve been smoking meth on and off for almost 10 years. I’ve never used a needle so smoking is the only way I’ve ever done it. For me personally if I smoke out of a pipe I use a big lighter. If I’m using a bong or bubbler I use a torch. Once you get the Shit in the bowl to bead up(turn into liquid) you start twisting, that’s because the shit can only get so hit. You’ll notice if u don’t twist somehow the shit wants to get away from the heat and that’s why you’ll notice it raising up in the bowl. That’s why you twist the pipe. You want to get it to that perfect temperature and keep it there. So when I use a torch I’ll get it going and then remove the torch from the bowl for a second or two and then hit the bowl with the torch again, and then remove again. I go back and forth on the bowl with the torch few times. I NEVER hold the torch on the bowl the whole time. It will get too hot, burn, taste horrible and you’ll see what I mean about the shit trying to escape the heat. It will spread out all over the inside of you’ll bowl.
As for a Bic I use the same method. I never hold the flame to the bowl the whole time. Once it gets hot enough I’ll remove the flame from the bowl for a second or two and then bring it. I do this 2 or 3 times for each hit.
Once you get that down you will be blowing fat dragon clouds all day 🤪

Since you are a self-proclaimed beginner who has a problem with burning your product, definitely use the coolest flame available (probably a bic).

On the matter of etiquette, it is made more complex with the addition of a boyfriend. In this area, only you can determine what will bolster the relationship or what will deteriorate the relationship. But do be kind and rewind, as a rule of thumb.

I’m more familiar with the IV route when I use meth. But I’ve recently decided to steer clear of needles
CHEERS, i'm glad this was the first thing i read.
Also, I see that some people are swearing against torches and others are against BIC lighters when heating the pipe. What’s the bottom line? Just keep the flame from touching the bowl, right?
a Torch can break the pipe easily if not used correctly, bic on the otherhand, not as easy, its due to the concentrated heat + an area of the pipe being hotter than the rest = cracked because as glass heats up, it expands, thus cold glass the opposite and when the two occur, the glass cracks/shatters

New to the forum.

I’m more familiar with the IV route when I use meth. But I’ve recently decided to steer clear of needles and have decided to smoke it if I HAVE to use it at all. I went from IV everyday for 4 years and then slowed down to IV once a month. Now I’m up to using it a couple times a month now; smoking only. No IV.

Anyways, I think I already know the answer to this, but if someone loans me their pipe and it’s got shit in there, I return the pipe with the same amount I smoked? Basically just replace what was in the pipe...?

Yeah the trustworthy thing to do would be to put back what was in there. Just remember, not everyone is like that, so if don’t be surprised if you let someone use your pipe one day and they don’t return what was in it -__- it’s the nature of the drug sometimes, unfortunately.
And torches are good, they don’t make the bowl black so you can see what you’re heating more easily, also keep the flame like and inch away, possibly even more. And torch it for a couple seconds, roll it and pull the torch off completely to keep it from burning up. With a lighter, DO NOT PUT THE FLAME ON THE BOWL. A good distance is a centimeter or so away. But heck yeah, way to go, I know IV use is hard to quit.

I’m still learning how to properly smoke a bowl without burning what I’ve got.
It’s personal preference when it comes to lighters. Bics won’t burn it as easily but you get your bowl all ashy and it takes a long time to hit it if lighting it properly. Torches are fast but will burn it easily.

It makes me go bizerk!!! When I see people holding the torch to the bowl the whole hit, or inhaling deeply too fast leaving the bowl having no time to be hot enough to vaporize
Yikes. Torches are only after you have aquired a taste and art