• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth comedown

I already know memantine by heart
I've been kinda trying to dive into researching this substance I'm thinking about trying it. Been looking for people with experience with it but it's not super common. What's your experience with it like if you don't mind?

I've been kinda trying to dive into researching this substance I'm thinking about trying it. Been looking for people with experience with it but it's not super common. What's your experience with it like if you don't mind?
Yeah, it's a bit rare in some/many countries because of prescription only and approved for Alzheimer's only.. needed to explain this to quite some people why I am taking an Alzheimer's drug which doesn't work for Alzheimer's but reduces tolerance, withdrawal and gives enegry. This should change, it's a good med, better than much of what the average psychoquack prescribes. My experiences.. well at first, it's pretty mild. Might give you mild brain fog the first days until your nACh receptors adjust. Higher dosages break through this. I took up to possibly 160mg without ill effects (but of course strong dissociation, for dosages of 40+mg preexisting experiences with dissociatives are a plus as the dissociation lasts for 24-48+h) It's ketamine's little brother with looong legs in a pill. Much much cleaner than DXM. Antidepressive, and insomnia inducing. It's recommended to have a sleeping pill handy or you'll stay up the first nights. If it induces restlessness, a D1/D3 preferring agonist like pramipexole helps. It gives energy, focus, motivation and works against brain fog, withdrawal and tolerance, to opioids and stims seemingly. Potentiates quite some stuff so you need less of it.

Well, I was extrapolating from stims and would have imagined some of these effects which can't be recreated by purely norepinephrinergic drugs. I think to know but how do you exactly mean, terminology for opioids? It's what e.g. docs use for any medicine - dose higher, get more effects. Prami should give me side effects at this dosage, like fainting or orthostatic hypotension. Dopamine is a weird one for sure and I agree with that it's more of a cascade but doesn't that fit to most receptors, like e.g. serotonin, sigma, etc.? Many of them aren't so active on their own like opioids and mu are.

Possibility is that the prami takes some of the brain fog from opioid withdrawal. I seem to be fairly active at writing and focus isn't too hard, the additional .5mg from 1 to 1.5mg do their work. It's pretty underwhelming as seemingly good meds are. But it still could be placebo.

Higher consciousness, yeah that's a trippy thing. Maybe I had some glimpses of it too on dissociatives and/or tryptamines but so far I can't take much of it into sober state..
That the western (licensed or unlicensed) doc approach -- if this tiny amount works then doubling the dose should be twice as effective

An ayurvedic doctor in India or Nepal they steer you away from all synthetic and most strong plant drugs like cannabis and opium (save for dysentery) and get you to understand that what you do every single day of necessity, eating, can be both preventative and Curative of illnesses and they have an elaborate system of categorizing all the various Foods and most essentially spices which all have medicinal value. But it's not the kind we expect here in the west. We want bang for our buck

Different Strokes for different folks

Sounds like you approach these as nootropics and therefore I take back all the overly harsh sounding rhetoric

You using the terminology for opioids. Dopamine is a far different process it's actually one in a cascading chain of internal chemical processes that correlate with the urge to survive and procreate and are not causative.

However it is fashionable to think of the human organism as some sort of computer hardware. And act accordingly, trying to hack in. I might not have had as many glimpses of higher Consciousness as someone like @AutoTripper but only one is sufficient to know that this physical world is very much like the Buddha said an illusion.

However that's not to take anything away from any individual in fact it should hand you and everybody a sense of the awesome responsibility for creating your own reality. However you want to do that is fine by me I'm not judging. But if you think you can reduce it to sub receptor sites well good luck with that one. You may not strike your head on a table corner but you will be banging it against the wall

Polish-20211019-092913310.jpg
You are not kidding when you consider how easily some of us but mostly 35 year Olds and younger throw away logic and science to believe some or all of the narratives talk about in the main stream media and college campuses and salivating like Pavlovs' dog's to get more of the non-sense

You are not kidding when you consider how easily some of us but mostly 35 year Olds and younger throw away logic and science to believe some or all of the narratives talk about in the main stream media and college campuses and salivating like Pavlovs' dog's to get more of the non-sense
And Yes I'm quoting myself and replying to myself. Read the case studies people. 99% of this is bro science and may kill you. Psychedelics are the way to go 😎