• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Meth- Can someone explain it to me

IllegalAlien-STIGGY

Greenlighter
Hi have a family member who says they like to smoke meth once or so a month as a special treat
Are they bullshitting my family? I have no clue on Meth
I am looking for answers no joke, they have been using it off and on for yrs
They live with someone who really likes it.
Is it very dangerous, I enjoy weed myself and have never really tried harder drugs
Peace and Love.

Thanks Much
Stiggy

Last edited:
Using Meth once a month (assuming thats all it is) is okay (imo). Any street drug is "dangerous" because you dont know what you're really getting.

With stimulants, there are always risks. Hypertension, tachycardia (or irregular heartbeats), seizures, anxiety/paranoia, heart attack, strokes, etc. etc.

Using Meth once a month (assuming thats all it is) is okay (imo). Any street drug is "dangerous" because you dont know what you're really getting.

With stimulants, there are always risks. Hypertension, tachycardia (or irregular heartbeats), seizures, anxiety/paranoia, heart attack, strokes, etc. etc.
Thank You Chris, they already suffer from seizures and severe paranoia (so bad that they hardly leave the house. I believe this my be more signs as to more frequent use.
Oh and their teeth are rotting. Dam I guess they use more often than they are saying.

Would the drug cause them to talk very fast and be out of breath?
That is the way They sounded last phone conversation
Thanks

Thank You Chris, they already suffer from seizures and severe paranoia (so bad that they hardly leave the house. I believe this my be more signs as to more frequent use.
Oh and their teeth are rotting. Dam I guess they use more often than they are saying.

Would the drug cause them to talk very fast and be out of breath?
That is the way They sounded last phone conversation
Thanks
Yes, it can definitely cause them to be short of breath (and talk fast). Whether that's because of the drug itself or its caused by cardiac arrhythmia's (or just tachycardia). I see it all the time at work. Stimulants (ie. meth and cocaine) are really big in the county I work for. Paranoia/anxiety can also cause them to be short of breath. It would be hard to say whats exactly causing it (because I havent examined them). But there can be several things that cause it.

Yes, it can definitely cause them to be short of breath (and talk fast). Whether that's because of the drug itself or its caused by cardiac arrhythmia's (or just tachycardia). I see it all the time at work. Stimulants (ie. meth and cocaine) are really big in the county I work for. Paranoia/anxiety can also cause them to be short of breath. It would be hard to say whats exactly causing it (because I havent examined them). But there can be several things that cause it.
Thank You, in the past they admitted to a problem and we got them into a program but they never stayed. So I am pretty sure we have our answer.
It's a shame , so sad that people can not help themselves once they are riding the dragon of one sort or another.
Peace,
Stiggy

Thank You, in the past they admitted to a problem and we got them into a program but they never stayed. So I am pretty sure we have our answer.
It's a shame , so sad that people can not help themselves once they are riding the dragon of one sort or another.
Peace,
Stiggy
Addiction doesn't discriminate. Hopefully, they can get the help they need (if they want it).

It sounds like your person is in denial - they know they have a problem but they are trying to rationalize it to themselves and the signs are that your person is using more than they say. keep an eye out for them, because a person in denial needs to see the problem for themselves before they can listen to anyone else, but when they do that, they need someone who cares about them to help them get out of that very dark tunnel. Good luck with your loved one..

Thanks Guys
Addiction doesn't discriminate. Hopefully, they can get the help they need (if they want it).
It sounds like your person is in denial - they know they have a problem but they are trying to rationalize it to themselves and the signs are that your person is using more than they say. keep an eye out for them, because a person in denial needs to see the problem for themselves before they can listen to anyone else, but when they do that, they need someone who cares about them to help them get out of that very dark tunnel. Good luck with your loved one..
THANKS GUYS

there are people out there who take amphetamines recreationally on occasion but if the person in question has a previous history of drug abuse then the chances are good they're using it regularly

there are people out there who take amphetamines recreationally on occasion but if the person in question has a previous history of drug abuse then the chances are good they're using it regularly
This.
It is very possible to use meth every now and then, but if addition has been a factor previously, and you're noticing physical things like rotten teeth, it seems likely they're lying. Unfortunately a lot of drug addicts do.
A lot

It’s bad and it’s bad for you. If you get paranoid you should never use it.

I have seen it destroy almost everyone who has touched it. I don’t think I would believe your family member but that is just me.

I do meth once or twice a month as a treat, I squeeze money from everywhere save up 200 and order me some crystal. Often I compare weed to meth because there both expensive.

Rotting teeth? Barely leaves the house? This person is a daily user and that is a fact. Meth addicts also will lie about anything and everything. That drug will destroy people so fast and their soul belongs to the devil. I'm serious It makes heroin look like a joke in terms of how quickly it destroys your body and mind.