• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth and unintentional weight loss

drowningman

Bluelighter
I have always been very slim naturally, maybe a bit underweight but not to an unhealthy degree. I don't know the number of pounds but after only 1 week of use I have lost a noticeable amount of weight, it seems mostly muscle. It's noticable visually and mostly terms of physical strength. Arms too but most significantly in my legs, they're skinnier and just walking or crouching up or down takes more effort and hurts slightly, sitting in certain positions can be a bit painful cause my ass is so small. My stomach fat and even my face are pretty much the same. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that sometimes, the vasoconstriction was so significant and noticable that I'd feel shocking and tingling in these extremities, or mostly legs, especially when my BP would be significantly high. Not really painful but uncomfortable enough that it almost was.

I certainly didn't eat sleep or drink enough during this time but not significantly less than normal and drank Ensures, but worse I think was the inactivity, kind of half sitting/laying in one position for pretty much the whole day. I know it causes muscle loss but this quickly, and before fat? (though I have little to begin with) EKG, blood and chest xray were all okay. Is this relatively normal and more importantly can I gain it back? I have stopped using, drug is shit anyway (imo)

I lost ten pounds in 2 weeks, several weeks ago. Yeah it's normal. Yeah it'll come back. I mean you'll hit baseline for everything (weight, emotions, clarity etc) soon enough.

Just take care of yourself, dude, like it's gunna be hard. Don't think it won't be. But hold on to what gets you through and stay grateful for mental clarity, good health and a chance to progess your life.

I hope this resonates, but if it doesn't that's A-OK. Your thoughts and feelings are valid. No one can take that from you.

Could just all be in my head but this new shit I've got (multiple bags over last couple months) It *seems* to be more physically draining then what I'm used to causing more tiredness and overall exhaustion sooner than expected.

With that being said this sounds pretty normal and with quitting, you'll be back to yourself in no time.
Kudos for quitting

Thanks guys, that's reassuring

I swear that shit affected me more physically than mentally. My legs feel tore up, it's like it sucked up the muscle like a vampire. I also thought it gave me ED, the constriction down there seemed more excessive than just dope dick. Luckily it's working again but my balls don't feel right, I wonder if the lack of blood flow could've resulted in testicular atrophy. I also noticed the change in skin texture/color, maybe dehydration, and I swear my hair didn't grow for that week, at least my facial hair remained exactly the same for sure. Oh well, at least it didn't fall out or gray so far.

I guess it makes sense that it'd eat up muscles too, or else tweakers would look ripped lol. It's been like 3 days and depression/craving isn't a problem, it's still physical, all I want to do is eat and sleep.

After less than two months of using meth 1-2x weekly (orally/intranasally), I weighed 127lb at 5'10". I don't know what I weighed right before, but I'm guessing I lost 20lbs.

I have a thin frame, but that's the skinniest I've been since I discovered alcohol(ism) at age 18-19... Kind of scary, but I haven't managed to put much back on.

I'd been taking d-amphetamine 3-4x weekly for a few years before that, with no dramatic weight loss. I usually only eat one nighttime meal, so meth's duration vs. d-amp's was the decisive factor.

If I took, say, 50mg of d-amphetamine at 8am, it would have subsided enough by 7-8pm that I could eat fine. Crystal meth, on the other hand, usually killed my appetite for well over 16 hours even at doses of 20-30mg, and on higher doses I wouldn't take a bite for >36hrs.

I also never had trouble drinking water or eating bananas/yogurt on d-amp, no matter how stimmed I got. Methamphetamine, on the other hand, has an almost occult power of making me feel impervious to thirst and almost repulsed by a glass of water.

Last edited:
After less than two months of using meth 1-2x weekly (orally/intranasally), I weighed 127lb at 5'10". I don't know what I weighed right before, but I'm guessing I lost 20lbs. I'd been taking d-amphetamine 3-4x weekly for a few years before that, with no dramatic weight loss. I usually only eat one nighttime meal, so meth's duration vs. d-amp's was the decisive factor. Taking 3 what did it

I have a thin frame but that was the least I've weighed since discovering alcohol(ism) at age 18-19... Kind of scary, but I haven't managed to put it back on (
Just a question, have you stopped using? If not then are you still eating those night time meals while on it? When you use 1-2x a week you getting sleep in between and eating normally (multiple meals, plenty of water)?
All this undeniably plays a factor. I may not eat all day but when I do, I eat high protein and get those greens. I actually buy a supplement that has (I think) 7 servings of greens I can get the name if interested and I even splurge and buy the the packs of high protein shakes to drink while using. I take a multivitamin sometimes 2 along with magnesium citrate. I sleep every day mostly but whether I'm using or not I never sleep much. I use to take benzos but not after my failed judgment caused bad outcomes.
These are just my ways of handling my health and only my opinion if your feeling "too unhealthy". Get help. (Doctor, a break, quitting)

If not using, eat lots of ice cream to gain weight, it’s the easiest way. If you keep smoking do the same but try to do it in milkshakes and ad 3 scoops of protein make sure take potassium, that’s really important.

Malnourished body is the main reason why body shut down.

Well I didn't see the edited version when I sent the reply. Just sound like good ol dope and your not taking very good care of yourself. Do like pawaini said get some of those shakes.. you have to stay hydrated and eat no matter what...or you'll look like a crusty prune in no time lol. I get the body armour drinks with the low sugar I drink regular water and I'll also drink off brand Pedialyte.

When I was using heavily in 2017 my weight dropped pretty rapidly. In around June I dropped 5kg in just under a month using most days (meth and other drugs but mainly meth).

However my diet was at that time truly atrocious. My standard meal for the day was when I got home from uni and heated up chicken cup noodles and ate that. One cup, once a day. A hangover from my homelessness the previous year.

In August that year I had a two week period where I was left without my housemate who had been somewhat restricting my use, and two friends from uni who had been doing the same day to day. This was during the uni break. I spent two straight weeks using (first week heroin, second week meth) and by the last day I used close to a gram. I forgot to eat for almost 12 days and lost 7kg.

Meth has a spectacular ability to make you disinterested in food entirely.

I am prescribed dexamphetamine and I can eat no problem on that.

After about a week of not using, I'm not feeling too good about things. Like regardless of how hard I binged, how much food/sleep I neglected, etc, I'm pretty confident that it has taken a disproportionately heavy physical toll. That shit just kicked my ass up and down the street. I won't rattle off every symptom, most of which aren't particularly intense, but noticeable enough that any one of them would be concerning even to a non-meth abusing individual. Add them all together and something is definitely just not right.

I've read literally almost every meth health related thread on here, and my best guess would be it's thyroid related, possibly among other things. The mental aspect wasn't much more difficult than I expected (can't have drug cravings or depression any more than I already did lol) but it's made much worse by seeing and feeling the physical symptoms, and I'd trade any mental comedown for all this.

Like I said I won't list everything, but here's TMI and one especially shitty symptom; I fear I might be sterile. Like my nuts just clearly don't hang the same or sit in the sack properly anymore, and my loads are smaller and like a mix of watery precum and the clumpy chunks you'd get jerking off in the shower.

My legs seem better and I think I've gained some weight, in my belly at least, but my face is way more Skeletor-y than before. Like I only used somewhere between 1-2 grams that whole week, and I aged prob at least a year. Dunno how noticable it is to others, I mostly notice things through the phone camera or comparing pre-meth photos, and actively looking for the changes, but they're def there. All my life people constantly told me how significantly younger I look, now I hope I only look my age. I used to think I looked a little unhealthy, but now it's like damn I looked good lol.

Whether it be METH - MDMA or METHYL TESTOSTERONE not s stim but will beef you up providing you work out hard and down a river of Protein. It's the METHYL attachment in all drugs . Methyl molecule is a super SPONGE FOR WATER in the body. In fact water retention is massive problem with Body Builders and most roids have the Methyl attachment like Meth or MDMA or strong stimulants do. They crave water plus hard as SHIT on the Kidneys and Liver. But it was done long long ago to enhance the activity of the drug.