• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth and flexeril

12sexy30

Greenlighter
I am wondering if anyone knows if there is any interreaction between smoking meth and flexeril 10mg. Thank you in advance

I wouldnt think so. Flexeril is just a muscle relaxer. If you haven't taken it before 10mg is a pretty high dose (for the most part) and can cause some extreme drowsiness (which would probably be stopped by the meth, since its a stimulant). Flexeril has 0 recreational value at all.

Last edited:
I'm really curious what your experience was combining those two. Several years back I took a couple Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) to try and jump start the come down, and about an hour later I started experiencing vivid hallucinations.

By the way I hadn't been without sleep nearly long enough for that to be cause.

There may be interactions. Cyclobenzaprine is structurally similar to (and shares some pharmacology with) tricyclic antidepressants.

I would expect at least some interactions between tricyclics and amphetamines.

That being said I have used tricyclics to come down from stimulants before.

I have used flexeril on meth after accidentally giving myself rhabdomyolysis. I don't remember there being any specific reactions to the mix, because I was already 4 or 5 days into being awake and was terrified when my piss turned root beer colored & then used the flexeril to try and relax my muscles and get to sleep.

It should be noted too that flexeril has anticholinergic properties, which can cause delerium in high doses & hallucinations (like a poster above said they had).
I think flexeril also affects serotonin and might be a weak, very weak SSRI?

So in hindsight, it's probably not wise to mix flexeril with meth.
I don't know if it would outright kill somebody if they took one on the come down though, but it could make things worse if you've taken enough of both drugs.
I think some one would be fine with a low dose of flexeril on a comedown, but it should be noted that it carries some risks.

Also meth and flexeril both lower seizure theshhold. So there's that to look out for.

And it sounds like mixing the two could put some strain on the cardiovascular system. I think a one time thing here or there probably isn't a big deal & it's more concurrent long term use that poses serious risks but here's some more info about side effects & flexeril's pharmacology, OP.

"Tricyclic antidepressants have been reported to produce arrhythmias, sinus tachycardia, prolongation
of the conduction time leading to myocardial infarction and stroke"

Well after some research online and reading through the replies above, I'm inclined to believe it was serotonin syndrome. The amphetamines, one benzodiazepine, and a couple doses of cyclobenzaprine most likely spiked my serotonin levels dangerously high

(I didn't mention the benzo before because it was one and I didn't consider it relevant)

It's a miracle I survived doing things this stupid

Well after some research online and reading through the replies above, I'm inclined to believe it was serotonin syndrome. The amphetamines, one benzodiazepine, and a couple doses of cyclobenzaprine most likely spiked my serotonin levels dangerously high

(I didn't mention the benzo before because it was one and I didn't consider it relevant)

It's a miracle I survived doing things this stupid
A benzo in the mix could have protected you some what.

I once got serotonin syndrome from mixing DXM & venlafaxine. Stared having convulsions in my legs.
Slipped a clonazepam under my tongue & they started to subside after about 20-30 mins.

Benzos will lower the amount of neurotransmitters firing in the brain. This will prevent seizures & serotonin syndrome for the most part.

Many benzos (except some like xanax) have muscle relaxing effects of their own. So if you ever find yourself in a situation like this again where you're in a come down and need muscle stiffness/pain relief, you're probably better off just sticking with a benzo. The benzo will bring down your dopamine & serotonin & help you relax & sleep.

Plus, if your flexeril pills were 10mg a piece, a couple of doses is very very high. Even 10mg is a high dose for flexeril.

EDIT : Shit!!!!!!! My bad, I thought you were OP. But my point still stands.

I mistakenly mixed the two when a friend gave me a few muscle relaxers after I was in a car accident. I didn’t use them both together but I took the muscle relaxer a little while after doing a line of meth. Shortly after i began experiencing tachycardia which triggered a massive panic attack. Definitely one of those “Am I dying?” moments!