Metalcore Megathread

ETID has some of the best lyrics ive ever read in the metalcore scene.

The singer was actually an english teacher before the band formed I believe.

Parkway Drive, 'nuff said.

Apart from that, bands like Norma Jean, The Chariot, As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red, and Unearth are some other good ones that come to mind.

Of course, i'm not 100% sure these are all "metalcore," considering it's not my favorite genre.

Still some pretty listenable bands though, especially Parkway. I'd love to hear some of your reccomendations similar to PWD. Cheers.

How abouts some out school real effn METAL!! Slayer!!! Or something a lil newer.. Lamb of God,
All this new metal mostly sounds the same... only one so far i really liked and only i liked them until i seen them live... was a kickass show! Mayham fest was awesome! Was...Bullet for my valentine....they put on an awesome freakin show!
Slayer does as well. and also cannabal corpse was great! the guy playin guitar looked like his head was spinned! also saw Marilyn Manson which is my all time favorite! But for the most part I have seen just about all the greatest bands there is to see and a couple of times.... but Slayer and Lamb of God were by far 2 of the best shows iv ever been too! Im old....27...so yeah old school Metal all the way!!

^There are other metal threads where you can discuss all other types of metal. This one's for metalcore.

2manyopiates, if you really like PWD I'd recommend All that remains, The Autumn Offering, Chimaira, Conducting from the grave, Miss May I, A dozen Furies, old Haste the Day, Himsa, I killed the Prom Queen, Killswitch Engage, A life Once Lost, Neaera, and Shadows fall. All kick ass

Shadows fall and All that remains are great ones I forgot. I'll be sure to check out the others, and let you know. Thanks!

Lawnchair Youth channel on YouTube recently stumbled upon feel a little too old for it but this still slaps a shitty grin on my wasted gizzard