Metalcore Megathread

JayBlack

Bluelighter
Metalcore is a fusion genre incorporating elements of hardcore punk and extreme metal.

Some examples of metalcore bands are
-The Devil Wears Prada
-Asking Alexandria
-Bring Me The Horizon
-We Came As Romans
-Norma Jean
-Every Time I Die

I was wondering if anyone on the BL listens to metalcore?? and if so what bands??

the only one of those that i like, personally, is ETID.

i'm at a loss for what fits in metalcore these days.

ETID is a great band, arent they touring with Bring me The Horizon now??

Oh, I love me some metalcore. Although, like Mysterier said, it's hard to know what's considered metalcore anymore, and mentioning band names tends to get you flamed.

That being said, I love Bullet For My Valentine and August Burns Red.

I love Bullet For My Valentine and August Burns Red is one of the best bands out now.

Ive noticed that a large majority of ppl on BL dislike metalcore and if you even bring up a metalcore band you get flamed, thats why i made this thread so fans of this genre have a place to chat about their favorite bands or local scenes without getting grilled for liking a certain band.

Parkway Drive as well, I consider them hardcore/metalcore. If you haven't heard of them, you should definately check them out. "Smoke Em If You Got Em", "Carrion", "The Siren's Song" - Ah, good old Australian music haha.

Was at a show with PWD and ABR a few months ago, was the most amazing concert I've been to, which is saying a lot.

Yeah I've noticed nearly all the music I like is disliked on here, so I usually steer clear of the music forums, but this thread caught my eye.

I saw Parkway Drive a couple of years ago in my home town. They are a very talented band i didnt know they were australian though.

i hate metalcore for the most part.
i consider hatebreed metalcore (a lot of people wouldn't) and there's few bands i enjoy seeing live more than them, the energy and pit at their shows are insane.
i kinda like all shall perish.
i notice a lot of metalcore bands are formulaic in their names as well as music, tending to use words like "as" "with" "under" "before" "after" "until" etc.

C'mon guys i know their are more metalcore fans out there :(

its been two days and only one page of discussion :(

I thought metalcore was the new genre that the kids are into. Carrying on the tradition of nu metal and emo?

Parkway drive is my favorite band. I just picked up CD's by Miss May I and Conducting From the Grave. I highly recommend those two to metalcore fans.

Last edited:
Parkway drive is my favorite band. I just picked up CD's by Miss May I and Conducting From the Grave. I highly recommend those two to metalcore fans. I wouldn't consider any of those bands the OP listed as metalcore really

Miss May I<3

Love Metalcore, (All kinds of hardcore too) Unearth, All shall Perish, As we fight, august burns red, Bleeding Through, Nodes Of Ranvier. And Deathcore shit like Winds Of Plague, Acacia Strain, and Through The Eyes Of The Dead. With that being said, I think that most of the audience for metalcore is a bunch of angsty teenagers, who don't have a clue about the origins of the music, who it's just a fucking fashion show for, and it makes me sad that it's become such a cliche...

What's everyone's take on throwing down? I listen to mostly Midwestern Hardcore like After the Burial, Veil of Maya, Oceano, Salt the Wound, And Hell Follows With. At their shows (at least at bigger venues) I always get in the pit! When I see them play at established venues, versus a local one like a Legion post, I am always the target of the fat metal dude with something to prove. I have no problems with moshing, as a matter of fact I enjoy it much! The only problem I have is; Blastbeats/Thrash beats/Genreally fast rhythms = Mosh pits/Circle pits where as breakdowns/two steps = dancing! You look awkward pitting to breakdowns like you look awkward dancing to blastbeats!

How do YOU feel about it?

Love Metalcore, (All kinds of hardcore too) Unearth, All shall Perish, As we fight, august burns red, Bleeding Through, Nodes Of Ranvier. And Deathcore shit like Winds Of Plague, Acacia Strain, and Through The Eyes Of The Dead. With that being said, I think that most of the audience for metalcore is a bunch of angsty teenagers, who don't have a clue about the origins of the music, who it's just a fucking fashion show for, and it makes me sad that it's become such a cliche...

All Shall Perish has one of the best vocalists in the genre

Every time I die evolved into into more of a southern rock-esque style outfit.

Great musicians though and their last cd is tops.

I got sick of all of the hardcore bands I listened to a few years ago and don't really listen to much of it now these days.

Shai Hulud was a great band of the past don't know if they still play or not. Converge is good too.

Landmark records:

Converge - "Jane Doe"
Botch - "We are the Romans"
Cave-in "Until your Heart Stops"
Dillinger Escape Plan - "Calculating Infinity"

ebola

<3 Dillinger Escape Plan

Miss Machine was a superb album as well.

What type of hardcore did you used to listen to?

Quite a few. I'll compile a list one of these days although I'm a bit lazy atm. ;)