Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Mescaline, LSD, Mushrooms - Experienced Tripper - First Bad Experience

Black Rabbit of Inle

Bluelight Crew
It was the beginning of the mushroom season in the area and my friends and I had decided to try tripping on all kinds of different substances. It started with San Pedro cactus. On the Friday night we went and harvested approx 8 feet of cactus and prepared it for consumption. By the Saturday it was ready, so we dosed approx 1 foot per person (there were 3 of us). Not expecting much from the experience, we were happy with only a mellow high, light visuals and a positive mood. The next morning (Sunday), we decided to go mushroom hunting. After collecting a decent amount we left them to dry and I went home. That night I prepared the last 5 foot of cactus to consume and drank it. I had a great night sitting at home and watching movies and listening to music. I experienced intense visuals and a very introspective trip.

The following Thursday one of my friends from the previous weekend invited me over to trip on LSD. We both dose 1 tab each and start watching some TV series. Within 30 mins we felt ourselves coming up. On the peak we were so happy we had a moment where we reverted to our younger selves. We also called up our dealer and bought 9 more tabs. When he dropped them off we dosed another 1 tab. This was around the hour mark. As the night went on we went out for a wander in the bushland. We also dosed another 1 tab at the 6 hour mark. We had intense visuals and a childish mindset for the rest of the night and most of the day. Around 10am I had to travel into town to organize some things. And it wasn't something that could be avoided, so we both drove into town and got everything done. Now we were still tripping hard and dealing with people was horrid. I was nervous and didn't want to be around people. It didn't help that it was packed in town. This put me in an anxious mood, so when we got home we went to try to sleep. I couldn't and ended up in a mini bad trip and broke down emotionally.

when we had sobered up our other tripping friend called up and brought the dried mushrooms around. There was 13 grams worth so we decided to dose it all evenly. So we ate 4.3 grams each. Before we started coming up, my friend with the mushrooms decided to do everything he needed to to grow his own. So he starts getting everything organized. About half an hour later we all started tripping and things got difficult. When the peak hit I fell straight into a bad, overwhelming trip (I now put it all down to me not having much experience with mushrooms before and it being a large dose). For 8 hours I was curled up in bed having the worst experience of my life. My friend that I had tripped with the night before also broke down and had a bad trip towards the end. I ended up taking 50mg Seroquel to knock me out there and then.

The next night (Sunday) we traveled out to our friends house out in the country and decided to take the last 5 tabs we had bought on the Friday. So we take 1 1/2 tabs each except for my friend who had tripped with me on Friday (he took 2). After 2 hours we didn't really notice much happening and I told them it was probably because we had tripped so much recently. In the end though we decided to buy another 6 tabs and dosed 2 each. After another hour we all decided to go lay down. This is when I noticed I was tripping pretty hard again. This trip though was very insightful and I sorted through my mind and worked out everything that I broke down about. The next morning I felt like something had been accomplished and I was very energized and happy about it.

We were also smoking Cannabis heavily every trip.

sorry to hear about the bad experiences but good that you sorted them out.

It can be a pretty awful experience when it goes bad. Do you think it was just due to too much or other reasons.

I had a pretty rough experience with acid late last year and although I've tripped a few times since it still plays on my mind a bit and tripping still scares me a bit at times which is a shame because I really love many aspects of it :/

I think it was a combination of the first breakdown and the overwhelming feeling from too large a dose.

I love my hallucinogens and was kind of waiting for this to happen as I'd never had bad trips before... I feel that it's an important part of the experience.

Glad to see you easily recovered from the breakdown... I'm too frightened to go again after my last two experiences...

wow, no wonder you freaked out. the one and only time i dosed over 4 grams of subs was so intense. it took a bit of preparation & it was an extremely frightening experience for the most part. i personally dont like going any higher tna 2.5g.

I love my hallucinogens and was kind of waiting for this to happen as I'd never had bad trips before... I feel that it's an important part of the experience.

Maybe it is, doesn't make it any less pleasant though, I find most of my trips can be difficult at some points(more so at higher doses) and often when I start to look at things really analytically which I tend to do a lot. Where as a lot of my friends don't seem to think about it too much and always seem to have pretty smooth/positive experiences. I'm a little jealous sometimes hah

I guess it makes it more of an adventure in a way

I have taken large amounts of certain psychedelics ie ~1,000ug LSD and some heavy RC doses.

But the one and only time I have ever eaten over 3.5g of mushies was an extremely heavy difficult trip. I found the best lab grown cubs I had ever come across. They had no name, however they were quite short, say 8-10cm (3in)at the biggest. The caps were just about to fully open when they were picked and dried, the veils were still attatched. Every one of them looked almost picture perfect. I had quite a few of the lil buggers laid out weighing 5.6g total. I ate them all at once and had a very long hard trip, I was completely numb literally numb to the touch, 100% ego loss out of my head kinda trip.

It didn't turn out bad per say, just frightening at points and it would be forgotten a second later by racing confused thoughts and shattered vision. I have had bad trips though and if channeled right you can turn a bad trip quickly into a positive experience, if properly guided.

It's all part of finding your limits.