Mental Health Mental Illness Support Thread V. How do you feel?

Got clarity on my gender and sexuality. Like I truly accepted it.

How are you doing? I dont remember if you have ever talked about your mental health over here.

I'm so glad you have some clarity now. Accepting yourself the way you are is a wonderful thing.

I'm doing very well today, thanks for asking. I've talked about my issues plenty, but can't complain today. :)

Glad to hear. You are one of the bluelighters I can only look up to since you spent so much time helping people.

I find that accepting myself is like accepting anxiousness. The more I accept that it really is fine, the more at peace I am and less lashing out etc.

Tired, ive been in the hospital watching my father die for a couple days. Hes suffering and close to the end so its very difficult to watch. Trying to surf the internet to distract my mind but i have never felt so helpless.
He told me he is happy that he got to see me straighten my life out and that he will always love me so that was good to hear. I don't know how i will handle his passing. It feels like a part of me is dying

@hyroller - Hey, I find when I "do me", I become the best version of me, and then attract the best version of others. In other words, when you are working on yourself and not even looking for love, love comes your way. It truly does, IMO.

I don't know if you have followed my old posts, but I was certainly holding out for the 'love drug' for long enough to see whether it rivalled the real deal. unsure how they rate once thrown into the same bucket, though I would have to say a special someone is better than all the crap being passed off or peddled as drugs or worse.

But I have fared better by being my authentic self than one would imagine could get them in a decidedly short space of time. that said, while I can disagree with certain things, I find it best not to say why. once this reason is obtained then one can move off. but drugs do change people, just as people change drugs, but the symbiosis just doesn't add up. people are better off going without the majority of the time.

thank heavens for some changing attitudes towards drugs, and peoples' attitudes have remained fairly stiff where need-be.

@ OP - fairly shriveled in some sense. trying not to focus on certain things but wish I could aid in terms of others.

Tired, ive been in the hospital watching my father die for a couple days. Hes suffering and close to the end so its very difficult to watch. Trying to surf the internet to distract my mind but i have never felt so helpless.
He told me he is happy that he got to see me straighten my life out and that he will always love me so that was good to hear. I don't know how i will handle his passing. It feels like a part of me is dying

Awww, I'm glad your dad told you that. You're on the right path. I can't imagine how much you're hurting. Remember your dad is proud of you. Of course grief is part of the process, but I'm sure he would want you to carry on and have a happy life. My heart goes out to you. ?

Its wonderful to finally understand that I have made many things and problems far too personal. Like its laughable how caught up in shit I have got.

Awww, I'm glad your dad told you that. You're on the right path. I can't imagine how much you're hurting. Remember your dad is proud of you. Of course grief is part of the process, but I'm sure he would want you to carry on and have a happy life. My heart goes out to you. ?

Thank you ❤

Its wonderful to finally understand that I have made many things and problems far too personal. Like its laughable how caught up in shit I have got.

We have all gotten caught up with things that make our heads shake later . You seem like a very nice person so i would say most of your problems with people are not because of you, its its their problems

Well my dad is still the same, i called my boyfriend this morning and he is still moody from stopping paxil and was with a friend drinking and went off on me and everything I do wrong in the relationship (wtf) . I just hung up, im watching my dad die and he argues with me? Withdrawal or not that is just wrong

Oh shit. Hes propably still in withdrawals or something so the drinking does nothing but bad in that state I think. He sholdnt have gone off on you but think it this way, these tests will make your relationship stronger.

I don't know, maybe that's him and the paxil was hiding it. I had to leave the hospital because I was getting yelled at. Who the fuck does that? I have been through opiates and benzo withdrawal and I would never speak to a person like that at a time like this, especially someone i loved and wanted to spend my life with. That's not someone I want to be with. He should be there for me for support, not adding stress. He just made everything worse and he doesn't realize that