• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Memantine and Methylphenidate - again

defectiveforce

Greenlighter
I was wondering about Memantine interactions with Methylphenidate (or maybe also Strattera if that fits in here).
I am taking Concerta for my ADHD and titrated up from 18mg -> 27mg -> 36mg. Subjectively, up to when I started with 36mg, I didn't feel much and almost wen up another step to 45mg. I felt something for the first couple days, then that feeling was gone.
I added Strattera in the mix and started with 5mg Memantine a day and oh man, I feel like I need to go back to 27mg because of how strong this feels.

I feel like a jugged a few liters of coffee. A bit dizzy, a bit of pressure in my head. It gets better when I eat and drink a lot of water, but it's usually pretty persistent.
This is something I feel almost every day and now I'm wondering why this happens.

Theory 1: I am taking 2 days of break a week of stimulants, and together with Memantine this could help keep my tolerance down
Theory 2: Memantine amplifies Methylphenidate and/or strattera (http://www.mdmag.com/medical-news/memantine-could-amplify-effect-of-stimulant-for-adult-adhd). I noticed that even Phenibut feels more intense since I started Memantine
Theory 3: Memantine interacts with strattera. Both act as NMDA receptor antagonists, whatever this would imply.

Anyone with similar experiences?