Bluelighter
WHEN && WHERE
details_melb.gif

The Line Upp
lineup_melb.gif

MelBurns Finest Locals
locals_melb.gif

bonsai.jpg

"This year Fuzzy have joined forces with Future Entertainment to present the first Parklife in Melbourne so don’t miss this inaugural event, with its huge line-up and a strong emphasis on live acts as well as DJs. Taking in major stars, cult names, and bands that have never been seen live in Australia before, you’ll hear a wide variety of house, breaks, electro, hip hop, beats, turntablism and more. "

(Birrarung Marr Park is situated on the Yarra River right next to Fed Square)

//Tickets on Sale Monday 24th July
Tickets: Early Bird tickets $69 + BF. Second release $79 + BF
Tickets are available from: Ticketmaster, www.fuzzy.com.au, www.inthemix.com.au.
Alley Tunes Hawthorn, Capital DJ Prahan, Central Station Records, DMC Records South Yarra, Glue QV Melbourne and Highpoint, HMV Bourke St and Chadstone, Ministry of Style Fitzroy and Rhythm & Style.

Ya Herrrd.

<3

Was seriously considering buying tickets for this but alas, le boy is working that whole weekend. Poo. Poo. Hiss.

Enjoy kids. :)

shit fuck astronomical.

I would have loved to head out to this :(

^ i love you! :)

my housemate (aka honorary bluelighter) and i are considering heading to this

i fully intend on going but will likely end up bailing at the last minute as is my new thing to do.

I'm pretty sure I'll be coming along to this one! :)

Might see a few familiar faces about the place.

No way i'm missing this......a day event involving so much talent. I'm there.

Picked up my ticket today- heading in with some close work friends + their associates.

Do I sense a meet up, quick chat and drink?

ya.

fuck this obsession with daytime events. i'll seriously consider going (mixmaster mike! krafty kuts!), but the 10pm finish puts a big dampener on it for me.

is this a conscious decision on behalf of the promoters, or was it forced because of melbourne council restrictions?

onetwothreefour said:
fuck this obsession with daytime events. i'll seriously consider going (mixmaster mike! krafty kuts!), but the 10pm finish puts a big dampener on it for me.

is this a conscious decision on behalf of the promoters, or was it forced because of melbourne council restrictions?

For this to happen in the first place is suprising, considering the caution that the government takes when approving such events.

Regarding the 10pm finish, I would say an organizational/diplomataic decision was most likely, on behalf of the promoters/organizers. To bring to the government a plan for approval would have to be delegated certain considerations and I doubt that it would of been viewed warmly if the initial proposal was a 3-5am finish, especially since it had been going since noon the previous day.

Day time events are special, they're there for those who enjoy them.

I feel there will be a big Police presence there this year.. it isn't like Kiss my Grass where it is a little 'out of the way', in the park.. this is right next to the CBD.

I can't wait to arrive on the train and see a bunch of people in their phat pants walking up across to fed square for a pre-rave latte ;)

Are we thinking of all hooking up and shaking hands?

Any shufflers out there, I'm interested in a catch up.

ya.

Haki i agree:

at Earthcore in the Park at Myer bowl ealier this year and there were cops with drug dogs doing the rounds all day freakin the fuck out of people and seriously killing the vibe.

so sadly i expect more of this harassment type shit will be going down.

I've been to most of the Sydney Parklife's and have this advice for anyone "thinking" of going.

GO DAMNIT GO!

Best day out you will have all year!

onetwothreefour said:

Pfft. Stop whinging braddles.

My g/f and I are going so get your ass down there and if the 10pm finish really bothers you, we can whisk you away afterwards to the magic pixie land where the partying never stops. Just like after Big Day Out. ;)

Come... get broken! :D

Any shufflers out there in Melbourne going?

Never shuffled in the daytime, might look a tad strange. hehe

yas.

Hey, can anyone tell me if they are going to this ? I went to a day event by myself once and it sucked. Everyone else I know has a prior engagement that Ill be attending late afterwards.

Im definitely going to this irregardless !