• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb - Two Tribes - Melbourne Park - REVIEWS

... Awesome night. I am depressed it's over.

THANK YOU TWO TRIBES!

Anyone catch Photek?? to all u dnb heads in melb he fukin tore shit up in Perth...

I was really happy with last night also. After TT 2002 I said I would never go to another Two Tribes again! After being talked into it Im glad I did!
My highlight of the night was Jan Johnston.. what an amazing voice that woman has! and M.I.K.E. absolutely fantastic! Overall I was impressed and may even consider going next year.

Well i thoroughly enjoyed myself......failed to make the BL meet-up due to a late arrival, but maybe next time....saw HiJinx's awesome stand and said hello, but i think i was rambling and doubt she could understood me, lol.

Ummmm, really pissed i failed to make GMF, but then again i was front row centre for MIKE, and feel that me and a few other dudes really helped pump him & his set up...his coming out again in Nov! Fron what i heard of Rank 1 (Piet) was good but failed to meet my high expectations....JJ was mesmorising.

Prodidgy were better than i expected, and Hawtin was interesting, not being a monster tech fiend, i enjoyed his last 1/2 hr a lot.

I checked out dj Hyper, who i must say was very addictive....and the crowd in the breaks room was the best out of the lot! so up for it. Sean quinn for close.....and that was it.

Sadly, two of my friends decided to leave within 2 hrs due to severe vomiting, nausea etc from those evil red russians, leaving me with only a few friends.....but all was good. I met some cool randoms throughout the night, spoke to some mega friendly asian ravers and had gathered a small group of "munted" friends at the front of godskitchen.....but i'm still always overwhelmed by the masses at TT.

My head hurts =D

seriously, even though i've seen better djs (but not much better than the grandmaster!), this was probably the best tt i've been to.

my review should be up on inthemix rather soonish. y'all should go read it and send me love letters and money. definitely.

hmmmm...Two Tribes was good...BUT I preferred Kryal Kastle and Pharmacy...The crowd was so much better and we didn't have bunk shit those times either...The Extreme Room and Vodafone Arena were probably the best rooms...Vodafone cause of the lights and Extreme Room coz of the music...FUCKIN HOUSE!!! That Mischief room shat me to tears...Prodigy were amazing though...But I'm never sitting voluntarily through like two hours of that shit ever again...I thought Hellraiser just fucked up twice...All of us thought he had fucked up when his songs fucked up and we were like AHHHHHHHHH SHIT HE'S FUCKED IT!!! FUCKIN TWICE...Didn't know it wasn't his fault though...Poor guy...

I haven't slept since like 9:30am the morning of Two Tribes...I just want to be able to close my eyes...

taken from the Herald Sun today. though it was worthy of a read :)

Party police sniff out drug ravers
Liam Houlihan and Holly Ife
15mar05

RAVERS have thumbed their noses at authorities despite a police crackdown that caught dozens of drug-takers at a weekend dance party.

Police using sniffer dogs charged 46 people with possessing illicit drugs, including speed, ecstasy and marijuana, at the Two Tribes event at Rod Laver Arena.
Three others were charged with dealing ecstasy and speed.

Most of those charged were ordered to have drug counselling instead of potentially facing a criminal conviction.

But ravers at a "recovery" dance party who spoke to the Herald Sun laughed at the cautions and said they would continue taking drugs to dance parties.

Three people overdosed at the Two Tribes event, which attracted a crowd of more than 18,000.

A 22-year-old man was revived by paramedics after he stopped breathing. He spent several hours on life support at the Alfred hospital before he was discharged yesterday.

All three were believed to have taken the drug GHB, which put 10 people in hospital after last year's Two Tribes party.

About 40 police and two sniffer dogs patrolled the venue until 5.30am yesterday. Security guards checked those queuing to enter. There was no random drug testing.

Ravers at the dance party, which stretched over Sunday night and yesterday morning, said it was awash with drugs.

There was ecstasy, speed, GHB, ketamine, and "lots of cocaine" inside the grounds of Melbourne Park, they said.

"Mark" was caught in possession of two ecstasy tablets and said he would take the risk again.

Mark said he was relieved police caught him with only a couple of pills, but missed a much larger stash of LSD that he sneaked into the party.

Several partygoers said they didn't bother trying to sneak in drugs and took the risk they would not be checked.

"The dogs scared away some people, but there could have been as many as a couple of thousand people dealing inside," one raver said.

Paramedics hailed the event as a success and congratulated promoters and the crowd on avoiding a repeat of last year's overdose mayhem.

But Opposition Leader Robert Doyle said there was still a culture of drugs at rave parties that had to be stopped.

Superintendent Mick Williams said a large part of police time at the event was spent processing suspects.

Supt Williams said event organisers had done everything possible to run things safely.

"The responsibility (for taking drugs) lies with the individual," he said.

Supt Williams said the crowd generally behaved well and he was pleased by the apparent reduction in GHB use.

Those found in possession of non-trafficable amounts of drugs were given a cannabis caution or drug diversion notice, requiring them to admit to the offence and have drug counselling.

Jason Ayoubi, of Two Tribes promoters Future Entertainment, said the three overdoses were disturbing.

"We would agree with the police that even one overdose would be too many," he said.

But Metropolitan Ambulance spokesman Paul Holman congratulated him for improving safety.

"The organisers put in a pretty good effort to make sure there's proper medical care and policing and security . . . to have only three overdoses is testament to a lot of people working together," he said.

Ive boled the bits i thought were most interesting :)

i wish i had of gone to this now. would of been fun to hang out. next time :) i thought this article was particularly interesting because they actually praised Furture Ent. for the cut down on o.d's and improvements of safetey measures.

Best ever Rave I have been too! Started in the Rod Laver, enjoying Mr Timothy, before jumping down in the pit for Prodigy - it rocked. Took a walk to Vodafone, with a stop at Godskitchen just to watch the laser show for a bit (didn't think much of the music in there though) - made it to the extreme room for Ed Real, how hot wa that room? But it was going off - had to keep running out and round the corner, back into Vodafone for the airconditioning and the awesome view (looked so pretty from there) for some chill time. Had the best night, even though I didn't manage to catch up with some of my friends until the way out! Even managed to spend some time on the massage chairs - ahhh. Overall I thought it had a really good vibe and it was great that there was so much area to chill in.

I had a great night.. the music was awesome...

Loved Richie Hawtin and Dave Seamans sets.

Did anyone else hear the fire alarm that went off during Dave Seamans set?? I thought he did an awesome job continue on as though nothing happened.

Prodigy were amazing, the lighting was so fantastic and creative in my opinion.

All in all I had the best night!!

Twas' my first two tribes - definately a bit big for my likings. The majority of my night was spent swinging between 2 largish groups of friends (one of them being a pack of bluelighters ;)). Didn't really get much of a chance to dance - the music was a bit soft all night for my likings, just couldn't get into it...

Prodigy were ok, I was right at the top of Rod Laver arena when they came on so the sound came across a little distorted.

Rank1 were the highlight of my night, they put on a good show! Impressive. Unfortunately I got a bit chostrophobic during their set and ended up wandering outside finding people.

It was definately good to experience a two tribes party but I think I'll be sticking to smaller parties in the future. BRING ON ALTONA SPORTS AND LEISURE CENTRE EVENTS!!! :D

My first 2T was a great night apart from a couple of my first timer friends throwing up from from mitsis and going missing for long periods of time. Mischief was a mess for the lead up to the Prodigy and what was with the carpet over the chairs that had wires or something underneath it?

Stayed in Godskitchen for the start of the night, lasers were pretty good before moving into Extreme for Ed Real who absolutely hammered, Andy Farley was real good also. Hellraiser got screwed by bad equipment and he couldn't really get into a good rhythm and the sound guy cut of the main speakers for his encore drugs which sucked but we had a chat to him afterwards and he was cool about it.

Overall can't wait till next year but from what I've heard there will be more dogs since Melbourne now has a proper dog training centre.

Wow that was fun, wainting in mischef since opening was defenitly a downfall, but sharing my hate for house with others who were waiting for prodigy helped to solve the problem. Prodigy rocked loved ever minute of them, then wandered around saw Jan Johnson and was amazed by the visuals, went ever where ended up in Extreme andman it was hot sweeted like a mofo, anyone else see the small circle of muzzas with their shirts of dancing in a circle when Andy Farley was finshing up, very nasty a site i don't want to see again other then that Two Tribes rocked.

How did the arena capacity go for Prodigy? did they end up shutting the arena?

i heard that they did shut down rod laver for about an hour - similiar to 2t two years ago when they shut down vodafone for 2 hours.

Had an absolute ball at 2t, spent most of the night in vodafone, music was great to start with, but i thought that Signum really let the mood down, unfortunately had to leave before Midro's closing set, was waiting for it al night - apparently he rocked the place (as expected!).

Saw the cops and dogs out the front when we went in, it seemed like they were targeting those groups of people who were standing around out the front, rather than those who walked straight to the line.

Did anyone see those two blonde chicks on Channel 9 news last night, who were saying that there were pills all over the ground?? If there were pills all over the ground they must have gobbled them all, cos i didnt see one lonely pill in my travels, and they both looked pretty smashed. They must remember not to chew their mouths while being filmed next time - idiots.

See you all next year!

^^^ I don't think they shut the doors to the seating but they did shut off the dance floor. During grant smilies set (or whoever it was before the prodigy came on) some guy kept speaking on the microphone saying that if people continued to jump from the seating down to the dance floor the Prodigy would not perform... it was the biggest empty threat i have ever heard!!

Also I never saw dogs... I got there at 9:30, what time did people see dogs there?

^^^ ah cool. i was wondering whether the crowd capacity would of forced em to close the arena.

ok proper review...

got there at about 10.10 and stood in the line for what felt like forever and finally got our asses in the doorat 11pm to make the bluelight meet-up. met some cool people..hello to everyone!!! then went back inside up on teh seats to se the prodigy. i didnt really get into their set very much, i dont really like their old stuff. the classics like breathe went off tho. it was amazing to see the arena so packed even up in the seats! oh and grant smilie played blur's "song 2" before that and that was bloody awesome!

watched some of van helden and i must say that man is VERY TALENTED! and then my absolute highlight of the night was of course, mr.richie hawtin! he was absolutely amazing! very minimal set, but he kept the vibe all night! i had to run off for about 10 mins in the middle to catch some of solitare, and heard "ive been thinking of you" and then ran back. the sound in the vip room was so so soft! harware could have also been MUCH louder! and i even got to chat with him afterward and get a photo! that pumped me up soooo much! and does anyone else think his new haircut makes him look like sven vath? anyway....caught some of dave pham before riding on teh ferris wheel which was pretty fun, although the attendant guy, was mighty pissed off at 6am in the morning and kept yelling at everyone who hadnt bought tickets.....
decided to chill for the rest of the time and "people watch" which was fun, until a fight broke out outside vodafone...and it took security at least 10 mins to get there >>>> dodgy! anyway i had an amazing night! it went so so quickly!

also was watching the news last night to see 2 totally different spins on the "TT ODs" and channel 10 was like "only 3 this year! thats fantastic and people are starting to learn" and channel 7 were like "oh 3 od's, we need to shut down these bad bad raves!"

3 out of 25,000 >>> i think thats fantastic!

all in all an excellent night....met some great randoms! and bluelighters!big trancer - you rock!

That was probably one of the best nights of my life, I met so many lovely randoms and yes, more people should wear fluffy hats..Doubt I met any bluelighters but I was the guy with the pink shirt/aviator sunglasses.. and I did have my shirt off in the Xtreme room but only because of how fucking hot it was in there, I'm a skinny little sucker.

I have also learned not to go on missions with G-fiends, long story... 8(

Your so right kryalkastleE. Sound could have been a lot lounder in...well...most rooms. Maybe i'm deaf from too many nights out but i swear it could have been a lot louder.