• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Melb] Pharmacy [Selling The Rebellion] Oct 31st REVIEWS

on the off chance that anyone is reading this thread and has a spare ticket (so i dont have to pay on-door prices, feel free to give me a hoy :D

Hills set was superb, Scot had us eating from his fingers!

mad night, heaps of fun, not a single bad point about the whole night!

edited title to include reviews :)

what was the venue like? better than the metro?

MoeBro said:
I'd pay 60!

i had to... :X

firstly - to the promoters wtf is the go charging $60 at the door when early birds only finished on the web 2 and a half hours before the event opens?????

thats the last "spur of the moment" decision i make to go to a pharmacy event...

aside from that, good nite, friendly people... i did like the venue, plenty of places to sit (although the booths made things a little awkward..)

and damn me for going straight and having too much caffeine... couldn't get to sleep till after 7am... 8o

Ok, .. now that I've had a sleep:

The venue was good, it was cramped in places but there was a lot of seating everywhere. The layout seemed to promote dancing in little pockets of space (due to the seating/etc being everywhere), but this really worked I thought because there wasnt just a single 'mosh pit' and then munted punters on the wall, there were people dancing all over the place.

The side booths were a good place to chill but were a little detached from the action I thought.

The top floor was interesting. The balcony was very small I thought, and the right side bar area went nowhere, but the little room went off for the couple of times I was in there.. lots of shuffling going on!

Jewelz vs Midro : Midro looked out of it, and seemed to hog the decks most of the time. Jewelz looked a bit annoyed at one stage, but played a few good tracks that lifted me a little, .. they really didnt get me going to be honest, espesh Midro. I think by the end of the set the crowd had had enough.

Steve Hill played an awesome set, I loved the Fugees ready or not remix! Running water, lots and lots of great tunes in there.

The night overall was very very good, different to a lot of bigger events I have been to but very memorable because of it!

I'd go there again.

boo hoo

Well that was possibly the worst party i have ever been to.

heckman sucked hairy balls what was with the fucked up mixes and bleeps and shit out of time?? then cutting a track out totally as it was building to say "hey melbourne!" WTF?? really pissed me off.

ugh.

venue was kinda cool but not the right vibe for pharmacy at all:
too bright
too many death trap dead ends (booths) with shit sound
upstairs music was midly better but it was farking hot up there and it was a tiny dance area

scot project tried really hard to lift it at the end and while i enjoyed his set it wasnt anything like his EC set. by that point i was so pissed off i couldnt be bothered.

pharmacy parties used to be my favourites... go back to nasty warehouses and darker sounds and i might come back.

sorry guys, this one was a FLOP.:\

(no mood enhancers were used in the formation of this review)

Frozone said:
Ok, .. now that I've had a sleep:
The layout seemed to promote dancing in little pockets of space (due to the seating/etc being everywhere), but this really worked I thought because there wasnt just a single 'mosh pit' and then munted punters on the wall, there were people dancing all over the place.

thats what i like bout most places aswell...you can dance and not be cramped and still hang with mates

well i really liked the venue, i thought it had a funky layout and lots of places to sit which was good. esp. liked the idea of having little booths with couches in the girls toilets, good for a bathroom chat!
dee dee vs dave pham was prettyy good, they werent playing their usual stuff though, i think they played more harder stuff for the total pharmacy vibe.
heckmann as stated was uberly awesome. his 10 minute "amphetamine" track was absolutely mind blowing, ive never danced so much in my life with only the aid of a few drinks :)
he signed our vinyl too and gave us a big smile. he really enjoyed himself and what he was playing tho, jumping around and really getting into it, its always good to see a dj enjoying himself.
we left after that because of course the dreaded midro started.
all in all a good night tho, good venue and heckmann was worth every cent :)

worst night ever

What a complete waste of money and time.

Club:
the lighting in that place was almost as bad as a 7-11. bright fucking ambient lighting everywhere, to the point that the effects lighting was drowned out. i shouldn't walk into a night club for it to be BRIGHTER than outside. get a fucking clue.
Lazer - on and off, on and off. pick one. you have a fucking multi-colored brand spanking new lazer and you don't even use it to the full potential? waste of money there.
layout - crap. what the fuck is with all the little alcoves? and people sitting everywhere. do you want people to dance? or pick up and fuck in little corners?

the people:
mixed crowd. some were good some were bad. nice to see the puddling was kept to a minimum and off the dancefloor.
lights on people - some lights are good, but when you need a small generator to power them, time to think again. fortunately one of them turned bits off.

the music.
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT SHIT???????
Thomas Heckman was possibly the worst ever set i have ever heard. the man has some great tunes. but to play them live like that, and completely fuck them up is UNACCEPTABLE. put him back in the studio and keep him away from playing live.
it appeared as though he had no idea of a set, playing tracks and then cutting them off "thank you", no FUCK YOU.
samples in the middle of tracks that were 1. out of beat and 2. not enhancing the tune.

Midro and Jewelz - can the man stroke his own cock any more? what a wank of a set. at least Jewelz had some composure.

Scott Project
not a bad set. seemed like a brilliant set at the time - but then again relativity plays a big part.
some killer tracks and it wasn't too bad.

the drive:
bah not worth it. i've driven to much better parties that were further away.

pass outs:
only between 1:30 and 3:30?? what a crock of shit. are we becoming like Qld?

pharmacy - you better pull your head in and pick a better venue and some better performers otherwise that will be the last one.

take me back to the days of the dirty, nasty wharehouses and docks. i don't need nice facilities, just facilities that work for the night.

lol
If it means twats like you won't be heading out to parties with tech DJs, all for the better ;D

and tbh, midros set was passable for the majority. Still too hard for my liking, but hey, I guess you can't please everyone.

I enjoyed it overall. Scot Projects set was good, but too techy, i wanted the classic hard trance scot project that i love, even if thats a bit selfish. I understand that hes evolving musically and such, but cmon, he didnt even play DFC???

Steve Hill had an absolutely superb tune selection as per usual, although he didnt go off like he did at ascension. Still, id go out of my way to see another steve hill set.

I liked the venue, having been there for hard kandy earlier on, although i prefer it as a HK venue over Pharmacy. Either way, it was rockin'.