• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb BL meet up - Hardrock cafe - 10th June - THIS SATURDAY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok cool sounds good, karaoke for an hour then to the pub to get drunk.
woo hoo im excited!

Well I have work this night, but as its been far too lonmg since my last BL meetup i will give you a call when i finish at around 1am. I take it you'll still be out on the town? It is, after all, a LONG WEEKEND.

SHouldent it be the other way around with karaoke, Get totally slaughtered a the pub then sing songs at the top of your lungs and laugh at how stupid everyone sounds while sloshed and slurring.

**trumpets playing in unison**
**elephant parade**
**mischievous monkeys stealing round edibles from decorative fruit bowls**

like we're going to war, or maybe the king has a new horse, or somewhat forgot to securely tie up the big rolled up red carpet, but this is my entrance in this thread- and yes, it unravels with the spotlight focussed directly on the confused man with the finger on the button.

"Who wrote the script?"

"I'm not sure, do you like...?

I'll either claim responsibility, perform oral sex and climb the corporate ladder, or deny I ever existed, it's your call.

I have never done karaoke here. In Japan they give you a room, a bunch of couches, a phone on which you order drinks, and the rest is self service. Big phone book-type lists of songs and you just put them in using some sort of remoter control. And did I mention it was by the hour- all you can sing, drink, spew, trash etc., BY THE HOUR.

So yes, definitely drink excessively before karaoke. (and during and after) ANyway, who needs to eat?

Social etiquette where food is consumed is always awkward. I say, weather permitting, cask of wine, a few flavours of dips from supermarket, that oily stuff from the deli like artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes, turkish bread and cans of tuna, sit by the river, or wherever security guards are less likely to intervene, and those who must eat can refuel.

But drinking, singing, and potentially dancing- I am there. It's been well 6 months or so since I did the club thing. Look forward to meeting all you strange strangers.

Where did I put that 'stranger danger' book I got in primary school??;)

While I do love my karaoke, anybody who has seen me even mildly drunk should be fully aware that it doesn't really take much encouragement to get me singing (I use that term loosely), so it's pretty immaterial how long we stay at the karaoke venue really..... ;)

potato said:
Well I have work this night, but as its been far too lonmg since my last BL meetup i will give you a call when i finish at around 1am. I take it you'll still be out on the town? It is, after all, a LONG WEEKEND.

pretend to be sick and leave early

My shifts changed (again) now I'm not working on Sat night, so I'll be able to get pissed - still not doing kareoke though. My singing is painful to those around me.

Katmeow - SMS me and let me know what your plans are for the weekend =D

Raz said:
While I do love my karaoke, anybody who has seen me even mildly drunk should be fully aware that it doesn't really take much encouragement to get me singing (I use that term loosely), so it's pretty immaterial how long we stay at the karaoke venue really..... ;)

^ This is true. And he LOVES EVERY song which comes on. "OMG! I love this song!" =D

I wanna know who is the unfortunate person who's hosting the 'afterparty' back at their house (you know it always happens ;) ).

ok if anyone gets there before i do, it will be a booking for 20 people at 7.30 under
"Amy" :)

:: posted by LV ::

im working until 6:30 out in croydon, so skigs and i wont get there till more likely 8ish - but we will be there :D

SN - PM either one of us, or drop by the store tomorrow and let us know if you would like a lift in.

still have to work sunday - but its changed from an 8 start to 9am - so im pretty happy about that!

we should all wear geeky little name tags with our BL name on them haha... nerdalicious!

^ Filthy piker.

*grumbles*

Anyway, looking forward to seeing everyone =D

Just to confirm the final details:

Dinner: 7.30pm @ Hard Rock Cafe
http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/cafes.aspx?LocationID=69&MenuID=15&MIBEnumID=3
1 Bourke St, Melbourne

Karaoke: Sometime later in the evening (maybe 10.30ish)
Sen Karaoke bar
231 Exhibition Street
probably for just 1 hour - approx cost $2 or 3/head (it's $30/hr for the room)

Then somewhere else to drink more and carry on like fools ;)

I probably wont be on here again after tonight, so this is my official NO MORE PIKING message.

See you there!!

Yeah but if i've got ligimate reasons as to why i can't go then I'm not piking, I'm just choosing more important events instead...

^ it's still a pike, that's the rules ;)

Is anyone going to be there *earlier* than 7.30? I think I'll probably get there at 7-ish, but I will just drink in the bar part on my lonesome....

Night was good. There were a few minor (?) hiccupps in deciding where to go after Hard Rock... after venturing to three or four different venues and finding them either a) packed to the gills, or b) having a cover charge, a few of us went to a Bar and had a few quiet drinks and did some Pub Science, and the others went to the Sen Bar and sang their little hearts out.

I just want to say a big thankyou to SLM, Katmeow and Razz for making me and Little Vandal feel welcome, and a massive THANKYOU to POP, KB and Astrosmurf for being on our level...;)

Definately glad we went, if only to find new mates in those three champs!

My suggestion for the next meetup - arrange to meet at a Pub at 7pm and stay there til stumps!

Thanks again all....:)

Sardonic Nihilist - come and visit me - i'm gonna smack your bum for being naughty to the bouncer!

An' I had the breast offer.

I hate Sydney.

Gotsta go get's...

:p

...outta here...

Skigs said:
I just want to say a big thankyou to SLM, Katmeow and Razz for making me and Little Vandal feel welcome, and a massive THANKYOU to POP, KB and Astrosmurf for being on our level...;)

Definately glad we went, if only to find new mates in those three champs!

This part filled me with pride for some reason.

Glad you had a good time Skigs- they are pretty decent people indeed.

I hate Perth. :(

good to catch up with people..

however, i found the hardrock not condusive to big groups... far too loud...

well. .that and the bar chick who tried to scam a $15 tip out of me...

bitch!! - thats drinking money!!

Status
Not open for further replies.