Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melb BDO Jan 26th Show Grounds

edw1n said:
it will be a big intl METAL band. how rawk \m/

edit: fear factory did a secret show in sydney last nite @ the annadale ..

but i didnt say it was ff :)

bwahaha! what a coincedence i got an sms tonight from a close friend of mine goin: the mystery band at the bdo is FEAR FACTORY!!!omfg...etc etc ;)

sooo....who wants to place bets it is FFactory?!?!

*prepares to go do some head banging* =D

weather:

sunday: fine 14 to 24degrees

monday: fine 15 to 24degrees

tuesday: fine 16 to 25degrees

weather may change over course of weekend, but thats the forecast so far.

a no show for me - i might as well keep saving for the next big thing

enjoy the show peopleses

im there!!! woohoo im there i have my little ticket, and i have a hooooole lot of enthusiasim!!! woohoo!!!

oh i heard that there will be storms and hail :( but dancing in the rain is even funner!!!!

Fear Factory as a suprise eh......WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THAT!!! If i had known they were going to be there, i would prolly be there :( I mean, there are lots of other bands/djs/producers there i wanna see, but FF would have tipped the scales i think......if i wasn't bitter before about not going, now i am...

See FF people....i've seen em twice (once solo show @ Palace, once @ 97 BDO)...very very impressive.....

well i wasnt goin to do a review thingy but meh... heres my summary:

for those who may of been at the lilypad how fucking cool was KHAMAL!!! yes he was ther in person for those that dont know. i was expecting a fake afro and white guy in a wig or somehting...but it was the real thing!!! =D *sings* you make me feel so young...YEAH!

fear factory rocked!! i havent had fun like that in ages.

i was LESS than impressed with the performance given by the dandy warhols...maybe it was their sound but it wasnt up to their normal standards :\ they were one of the main bands i was there for...

*bows head in shame* i decided to catch all of muse. after being hungover from the night before me and harraser went to watch them on the big screen while sprawling out on the ground. they are definalty worth seeing live. their sound is so much better live then on cd.

muse rocked!!! they are so energetic and the lead singer was awesome to watch...even on the screen. =D

then went to catch a lil bit of mars volta which was also good for the time i was there cause i got hell hungry.

umm...went and sat in the same spot we did for muse to catch metallica and despite their ages those guys still know who to work the crowd and perform. it was squashy but it was fucking good:D

muzby thanx for the great day and the lift :D and wasnt the trip round the car park fun. (took 45mins to get from one end of the car park to the other)

doon ur a drunken boy! ;) mwah!

rusty bickie: will try to catch you soon :)

harraser, well i cant really say more anything to you sweetness. ive already told you what i think. thanx for the quality time messing round to music :) mwah! glad you were there
24.gif

so the weather was good. not to hot, not to cold. i thought it would rain but it didnt! :D

tnargus said:
Fear Factory as a suprise eh......WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THAT!!! If i had known they were going to be there, i would prolly be there :( I mean, there are lots of other bands/djs/producers there i wanna see, but FF would have tipped the scales i think......if i wasn't bitter before about not going, now i am...

See FF people....i've seen em twice (once solo show @ Palace, once @ 97 BDO)...very very impressive.....

Edw1n announced that it was Fear Factory (if you couldn't work that out - bad luck to you) in this post several days before BDO even happened.

And if you didn't read this thread at all before BDO, theres now more reasons why you should check event threads :)

Well I was quite non plussed with the whole BDO until felix and basement jaxx came on and then I was like OHMIGOD, I love this shit!!
I really was totally unimpressed with everyone else (in the boiler room that is). I mean I went to see pnau, and they were great except they just seemed to be getting distressed that the crowd wasn't pumped enough. But it was 2.30 in the afternoon - to go hard then is a bit of a head fuck.
Yeah and I thought david holmes' mixing was shit - he was doing the whole thing - tracks mash across each other, and theres no beat for about 3 seconds, bc he didnt blend them. And he played a top 40 track without mixing it - I can hear that on commercial radio... Blah blah.
But er yeah - peaches was mad. Loved peaches. Dont quite love her music, but her stage prescence rocked. I saw one of the girls she got up on stage with her later, she was still walking around in her bra, covered in peaches fake blood....as you do. :p
Oh and, I think someone should create a law that says that hot sweaty boys aren't allowed to take their tops off when dancing. Smelling like other peoples sweat is so not cool!!
But yeah, I was so impressed that basement jaxx brought the whole CD out with them. And nothing beats knowing all the words, being right at the front. *sighs* I wanna do it AGAIN!!!............

wooHOO

wooHOO for a grand daddy of a day! woohoo! is all i can say. but yes it was truly fantabulous!!! =D

felix da house cat rocked my socks off! i swear, i was abandoned in the boiler room by my matey becuse she wanted to go see metallica, but i didnt care i danced and danced and danced and omg for anyone who was in there when he threw in we will rock u!!! wooHOO!!! -all this from someone who doesnt really love house-

basement jaxx what a way to finish off the night! cept it was far too hot, so i enjoyed half the show outside but the first half was better anyway!!!

the strokes OHMIGOSH! after waiting in the stupid line to get up the front for like an hour we finally made it up there! and wow as soon as the hoodoo gurus had finished, well it was incredible. HUGE hugs to rusty bicky who delt with me up on his shoulders for a bit there! *mwa*

umm... dallas crane and the sleepy jackson were lso awesome... as were pnau for the leetle bit i managed to catch. and hooray for 1200 techniques

an awesome day, and i hve so tres attractive tan lines as a momento! wooHOO!

wazza said:
Edw1n announced that it was Fear Factory (if you couldn't work that out - bad luck to you) in this post several days before BDO even happened.

And if you didn't read this thread at all before BDO, theres now more reasons why you should check event threads :)

Yeah, ok it was announced a few DAYS beforehand...what good is that? It should have been on the bill with everyone else for the couple of months beforehand....

eh....i'm over it :\