• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Megestrol Acetate, Need advice on how to gain weight.

MedicinalUser247

Bluelighter
So, I don't have much of an appetite and I'm worried about weight loss. Do you suggest I ask my doctor about Megestrol Acetate ? Or some other appetite stimulant ? What's the best medication to take to gain weight ?

So, I don't have much of an appetite and I'm worried about weight loss. Do you suggest I ask my doctor about Megestrol Acetate ? Or some other appetite stimulant ? What's the best medication to take to gain weight ?

No sane physician will prescribe megestrol to someone who is otherwise healthy and of normal or slightly below normal weight yet who merely has a poor appetite. There is significant potential for severe side-effects and is reserved for serious situations (often of a life-saving nature).

Mirtazapine is quite good at increasing appetite and it is very safe. Of course, it is an antidepressant with sedating effects, although this is usually isn't too problematic if taken at night.

Well... I already take Mirtazapine along with a number of Medications. I also drink Ensure, but I think it only helps a little. So, any more suggestions would be nice.

Well, MK-677 (ibutamoren) is widely available as a research chemical/supplement and is powerful appetite stimulant, but the long term safety is unknown. That said, if it were me, I'd take MK-677 before megestrol given the severe side-effects associated with the latter.