• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MEGAMIX-Acid/LSD Newbie Questions

Make sure you're in a good mood. Have lots of pretty picture books and stuff to look at...since you're going to be on a low dose consider going for a walk (DONT DRIVE) somewhere pretty, like a nature preserve or something like that. Have some tunes you really like all set up so they're easy to get started....

Here's some other threads that are worth perusing...

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108047

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105364

This one is particularly good!

MattPD said:
Make sure you're in a good mood. Have lots of pretty picture books and stuff to look at...since you're going to be on a low dose consider going for a walk (DONT DRIVE) somewhere pretty, like a nature preserve or something like that. Have some tunes you really like all set up so they're easy to get started....
Good advice there .. things to do whilst on acid are always good .. perhaps lots of paper and pencils so you can draw etc .. nice music (so you dont just hear random things like cars passing by or people talking) .. somewhere friendly to escape/move to if it should go wrong .. happy trippin anyhow :)

give ur cars keys to someone who cares for you. and dont think everyone is looking at you. just halve of them are

^^^ all of them probally are ... but best not dwell on self-conscience thoughts !

best thing to do on acid .. close your eyes and think about all the millions of sperms that were going for the egg ... and YOU made it ... and became you !!!! appreciation for the magical things !

haha yes thats a cute thought, hopefully ull make it through the trip just fine with a plesant experience, always helps to have a sitter

^^There's no reason for her to eat more than one on her first time! You don't know how good the acid is, how she'll react to it...

It is always better to start low your first time with any new drug!!!

You can always take more at another time. What's wrong with just taking it easy and learning about the drug before leaping into it? That's what gets people in trouble, not taking it easy at first.

Stick with your 1 hit, you'll have a great time!

I agree with mattpd on this one, my first trip was on one hit, and I had a ++++ trip. of course, I was completely inexperienced and by myself, but 1 hit can do wonders to a newbie.

Re: First time doing acid tomorrow, any hints?

ObscureDreamer said:
I am planning on doing it during the day around noon on wednseday.
I guess that means you're probably tripping pretty hard right about ... now! ;)

Hope it went well; post a trip report if it does.

All's I was gonna add to this was, I kind of prefer LSD at night versus around noon. Of course the downside is you get zero sleep all night, but that's cool as long as you're either A) on a weekend, or B) unemployed or underemployed or otherwise slackin'.

I just find I'm more relaxed and at peace in the evening than during the day; during the day I'm much more likely to irrationally decide that it would be really fun to go shopping, or do some chores, or something equally stupid while high, and ruin my own trip. But at night I'm much more prone to just trip out with some music or cartoons or something fun. Or just lie in bed staring at the ceiling and thinking about my life.

There is no reason to eat more than one. But at least eat one!!
I urge you to make your first experience a valuble one, and half a tab probably won't be enough, even if it's fairly strong.

Well all went well. I did 1/2 tab at 1pm and it was amazing. Not very much for visuals though (probably bcause I only did 1/2) but I felt happy and wonderful. THere were few quick moments that I got scared but they past VERY fast. My face was starting to hrt because I wsa smiling so much. We went for a walk and then walked to a friends and then went shopping with him..FUN. I wasn't high as long as my b/f (he did 1 1/2) I was good to drive at 9pm (I was just high from weed). It's now 11:30pm. My head is heavy. My eyes are still kinda dilated...weird...I don't feel "acidtised". The last little while of my trip weren't super I felt alright though, I was just getting bored and couldn't realy go anywhere yet. I'm just chilling now though with some friends and "electric lettuce"

I'm glad you had a good time! Kudos to you!!

The whole smiling forever thing is often called 'perma-grin' by trippers...where you can't relax your jaws to save your life!

Beginners LSD

Hey guys, i posted this under health but didnt get any responses, im not sure how active these forums are but i thought id repost it, sorry for the inconvenience.

------------------------------- copy paste

Hey everyone, this is my first post or is that obvious. Anyway i have some questions that are pretty serious for me, im not sure how useful they will be for others.

I tend to make long posts so please, if you have 5 minutes, bare with me. It really is important for me at least and these questions arent really covered elsewhere.

Anyway, ive decided to experiment with LSD. I am not a recreational drug user, i try my best to get my jollies without the third party, but after all i would like to try LSD for the experience rather than the pleasure. As i said, i am not an experienced drug user, so that would probably only highten my experience.

Basically my situation is as follows, im afraid of a bad trip. I live in a fairly safe area but its quite noisy and there is no real safe area or sanctuary.
I dont want to trip at a friends house because ill no doubt act like a dipshit. I cant trip at home because my parents would wake up to my laughter and kick my ass.

My best idea was to trip at the beach on a monday night at about 2am. The local beach is in a sort of bay with cliff side walks surrounding. Theres a nearby road and their are no waves just a gentle ripple. I think my main fears are that the local racer boys are noisy fuckers and will no doubt smash their horns at any passing pedestrian. Will this trigger a bad trip?
What about the cliff sides?? Is it possible ill lose control, climb up the cliff side and kill myself? think i could fly?

Hopefully the racers would be asleep on a monday, and i could trip most of the night and have a nice comedown as the sun comes up. Then maybe i could stroll home, listen to some tool and pink floyd and eat a good breakfast. Do you think loud grunge music like tool could trigger a bad trip? Any of you heard Third Eye??

Thats all i can think of for now. Dont get me wrong, im not completely paranoid and scared of my trip, but id still rather sort most of this stuff out so i can feel confident when i go for it.

Thanks for your time, any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

ps: do i put the tab on my tongue for an hour or can i just swallow it? :)

I just posted this in that other one too.

Research. Read everything you can here. Especially the good trip reports.

You won't have a bad trip if people honk their horns at you. It may be startle the hell out of you though, or seem increasingly loud or long. Are you afraid of horns under normal conditions? If not, there's no reason to fear them on LSD.

You won't loss control and try to climb a cliff, thinking you can fly. You're not going to be insane, you're going to be tripping a little.

Listening to Tool will not give you a bad trip. Tool is awesome, and only gets better while under the influence.

Dreaming of that face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

You may have a bad trip though, if you don't stop worrying about having a bad trip. Mi-pen-lye. (Thai for no worries.)

As for dosing at 2... Possible bad idea, you may still be tripping by noon if you dose at 2. Dose earlier in the evening, around 9-10 or so.

Put the tab on/under your tongue for a good while, then swallow.

No, that is from a gay disney movie. Mine was accuired from a hippy girl who fire danced for us on the beach while we were on mushrooms. :p

I like the lion king.

What you need to do buddy, is not trip by yourself. Go to a friends house. Or wait untill your Parents are out of town.

lets see...
you should trip at the safest place possible; no distractions, no authority figures. beach setting should be good if the weather is right(warm!!). dont worry about going crazy or doing something dumb. you should be clear-headed during the trip although motor skills are non existant or impaired. decision-making skills are probably (dont expect proof)surprisingly in-tact during the experience. you should bring a close friend for company. the trip is what you make of it. likely you are to give yourself the bad trip, not vice versa (get my drift?) ...

oh yeah, and you should take it sublingually
(put that shit under your tongue)

write us a trip report!

Bad trips on LSD can occur even without the influence of a negative set and setting, but its unlikely.

Just remember that LSD is about as physically harmless of a drug as there is. Even if you get stomach cramps, a tense jaw, a relatively rapid heart beat, these are normal symptoms. They might be distracting and cause you to have paranoid thoughts, but as long as you're aware that many people have taken massive doses of LSD and nobody (who actually knew they were taking LSD) ever died as a direct result, you should be able to divert your attention.

I would not take LSD at 2:00am unless you want to still be tripping at noon the next day, and for sure not get any sleep until the next night. LSD lasts 10-14 hours... at least 18 or 20 hours until you feel totally normal. Also, almost nobody can sleep until the trip is done. I sometimes can't sleep until the next night, even if I dose early.

Of course you will not feel the same the next day. All of my LSD trips have been deeply meaningful and a real adventure. The first few trips were such a sensory overload that my mind was blown each time. Now, as I have more experience with the drug, each trip has turned into a distinct lesson on how to make the most of my time on earth as a human being. LSD really does open a "door" for many people. It is the "purest" and most relevant psychedelic out of the many I've tried. Unlike mushrooms, for example, which carry organic/religious themes and mescaline which has dreamlike spiritual themes, LSD concerns itself with humanity. I believe this is why LSD trips have such a tendency to change people. It can be difficult to resist this call to change because the message is so clear and positive.

If you like Tool it won't give you a bad trip. If you don't like Tool, you will probably still be amused listening to it or find a whole new appreciation for it. If you start having a bad trip listening to Tool, take the headphones off ;)

Bikers who try to harrass you could very well give you a bad trip and cause paranoia. I would stay off their freqented path if you think this really is an issue.

You will not climb a cliff and jump off on LSD unless you are insane or completely unreasonable to begin with. It doesn't change your basic sense of "good idea" vs "really bad idea".

You can hold it on your tongue as long as you want. Most people keep it there for a short while and then swallow it. It doesn't make a noticeable difference in my opinion.

The only other advice I have is to write a trip report for Bluelight afterwards. The writing process may help you understand your trip and you could learn even more from it. Plus they're fun to read.

peace