Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MEGAMIX-Acid/LSD Newbie Questions

DG

Bluelight Crew
first time for acid

Ive never taken it before simply because its never around, i was lucky enough to get some liquid for the weekend...yes, i know some will say are you sure thats what it is, and yep i am :)

So my question is this, how would you describe a trip on acid to a newbie..I read up on Erowid and also read some trip reports on here. From what i gathered its a mindset type deal..ive asked some friends and gotten their advice but im figuring theres way more knowledge on this board than with my druggie friends who rarely even give a crap about what theyre ingesting.

I have no tolerance to any drugs, im a BIG lightweight, and on my other trips with other various psychadelics i always need less than the "recomended" dosage just because i am too fucked on the average dose.

I did a search and saw some threads about taking it with MDMA, i was presented with the possibility of having the pills as well, in your opinion do you think it would be too overwhelming?

:)

it would be overwhelming. trust me. also there's the risk that it could be 5meoamt or something that isnt lsd which could be harmful if combined with mdma.

do it by itself with a couple good friends.

id have to agree with tathra
do it by its self and with some close friends espically if your a BIG lightweight....just my 2 cents girlie;)

ill probably do it alone then, and see how im feeling and how im enjoying the feeling, ive done other combos and been fine but i always wait to see how one is doing before another, so ill apply the same here, if at all i guess.

:)

lol does ANY one else have advice or experience to share...?

If u wanna do it alone, then just chill out in front of a computer, put on some winamp 3 advanced visual studio, listen to whatever music u love most.

If doing it with others or in nature, smoke a little bit of weed and chill out.

I hope u have fun=D

LSD can be a lot of fun. For the first time, take 1 drop and wait. Have some people you love around, it won't hurt. Kick back and listen to your favorite music, I assure you it never sounded quite like that...

thanks guys..

i ended up being in an enviroment that wouldnt of been fitting for this experience, so i held off :)

I would recommend having a guide with you, someone who has been there, done that. I'm not sure doing it alone would be the best of ideas considering LSD usually lasts 8-14 hours and if you "accidently" get the wrong mindset and start obsessing about it over and over (like acid makes you do) and you are alone, you might fall into a BAD trip. Be with a close trustworthy friend. Environment is everything, what you are around is going to be your trip (beside the other stuff in your mind). Make sure that's that piss you off or creep you out are not present...keep funny stuff around because if done right, you will be laughing alot. LSD is about colors, a differed thought perception, altered vision of shapes and depth of things, altered mind set on how you go about your thinking process, clashing senses (feeling colors, tasting sounds, etc.), and if taken at a right dose, some very good visual hallucinations. Make sure that you have a full day (24 hours) put aside for tripping, have nothing important planned for the next day for you will feel really weak and like shit.

I am going to have to disagree with everyone else on the MDMA combination, I think that it is a great combination, especially for a first time tripper, it will break you in easier. I have many friends who were afraid to try cid so I suggested them candyflipping (because they all were rolling ravers) and they loved it. If you take more dose specified MDMA than LSD then you will feel the loving effects of the ecstasy over any unsuspecting crazy thoughts of the LSD. It feels wonderful, it significantly enhances the loving close effects of MDMA and yet you still are getting the effects of the LSD, the colors are amazing. The visuals are spectacular and don't freak you out. My suggestion would be to take a couple hits of LSD followed with one hit of MDMA. Wait a couple hours (2- 2 1/2) and then take another hit of the MDMA, this way you will already feeling both the drugs and the extra hit of X will make sure you don't trip too hard. From there on out it is up to how you feel...stick with it or take more, just don't forget that each hit of LSD is another 8-14 hours more of tripping from that point on. I would recommend saving a hit of ecstasy for once the last one wore off. NOte:The next day you will not feel too good but that is a given.

Don't freak yourself out before the trip, think positive thoughts, love someone, something. Everything in the world is good, peaches and plumes, have a good time, a good trip. Be safe! ;)

Well from my experience liquid is alot stronger than it is on tabs.So I would probably take one drop scense it's your first time.If I was you I wouldn't worry.just do it in a comfortable enviornment.and don't take to much with out knowing what your getting into but i'm sure you will fall in love with it.

Well you will nodice it kicking in when you get this sudden feeling like somthing is happening but you can't tell what.You will realize your starting to feel different.and good maybe start laughing and smiling and thinking different thought patterns.Then you will maybe see some patterns moving in rugs on walls and what ever else is around.Then it will keep building up untill you are having wild visuals and thoughts which you can't controll maybe a loss of time.Lots of trails.

it all depends how strong it is.

I find it hard to have a bad trip on acid unless you take to much or somthing really fucked up happens.But that's just me

I believe you should just let the lsd take its course, the more you read into or think about how your trip will play out will effect the trip...

Trip hard and have fun, take at nighttime, try to take it on a night when the moon is not out and the skies are clear. The stars will shine bright and you will figure out the true nature of being, but you will forget it the next day.

K'dOUTinAZ- thanks for the long reply! what you said about the MDMA thing is exactly why i wanted to combine the two...I tend to get freaked out easily and i figured the lovey feeling would set the edge off...but then again i do like tripping on its own soo who knows. either way i liked your reply and appreciated it. thanks :)

TheLostOne- i think anyone is able to have a bad trip regardless of the dose, i would think its mindset no?

blahblahblah- i held onto it because i was in a party type enviroment and i want to take it in a "nature oriented" one. But i will def. be doing it with a clear sky hehe

K'dOUTinAZ said:

I am going to have to disagree with everyone else on the MDMA combination, I think that it is a great combination, especially for a first time tripper, it will break you in easier.

Yea ;) my first night with 'L' i dropped 5 hits and then put some molly up my nose and was blasted off in to pure euphoria for the next 6 hours. I dont think I could move much 8) but It was a real good time. When I finally got up to walk around this dude was like "hey man I'm with park security... do you know what color your shirt is!?" and i just stumbled back to my campsite then burst out laughing...
...the effects lingered into the next afternoon
...have fun

Yes it is all mindset so get yourself into the right mindset.Don't go into it being already a little worried go into it thinking it is going to be great and it should be.The only time I've seen people have a bad trip is taking way to much.Or in my case having real bad things happening in real life to you while on the drugs

dreamgirlie19... if you're at all worried about freaking out, try to have some benzos on hand. They'll help relax you in the event your trip is causing you any anxiety. If you can't get any benzos, then even alcohol can help with a bad trip just as long as you can usually hold your liquor.

AfterGlow said:
dreamgirlie19... if you're at all worried about freaking out, try to have some benzos on hand. They'll help relax you in the event your trip is causing you any anxiety. If you can't get any benzos, then even alcohol can help with a bad trip just as long as you can usually hold your liquor.

i thought about that.

i figured id take a valium then the acid and everyone i know said not to do that, cuz it would ruint he trip if i would even have one at all.

Yes, don't take the Valium before the trip, because it will significanly reduce the effects until you take more acid (Not a good idea). But keeping some benzodiazpines on hand "just in case" you do start to feel some overwhelming anxiety is a very good idea. I would suggest taking 20mg of Valium for in the event this does take place, which it won't if you are in a comfortable setting with some good friends. Be aware that if you do take the Valium while tripping, the effects will be dulled i.e. the hallucinations and stimulation, although in the case that a bad trip does start to appear this is very useful. You shouldn't worry, everything will be okay, bad trips are very rare as long as you have the right mindset. Don't worry about it, you'll have a great time (Especially if you decide to "candyflip" ;) Such a good idea). Do you have a close friend who has tripped before? If so, ask if they would lend a helping hand as a "guide". My first experience tripping (damn it has been awhile, 14 or 15 years old maybe?) was greatly enhanced having a good friend showing me funny things and those certain things that make you simply dazzled. I remember watching Simpsons while the trip started to set in, I couldn't stop laughing, in which my friend started showing me odd pictures of clowns and unusual pictures, that tripped me out in a good way. A guide is also useful when you want someone to talk with, which you will deffinitly want to considering you will have millions of great delusional ideas. I remember taking two hour long walks, stopping to have cigarettes and drive around with my friend, were some of my fav times on acid. Candy-flipping is even more beautiful beause you get that "in-touch with yourself" euphoria and a feeling of connection to everyone around you. When you hug someone, you feel incredibly warm and just don't want to let go, fuzzy colorful things are great to. You'll have a good time. If you decide to just do it alone, log onto this site and talk with us, I'm sure I'll be available. Acid is deff a fun drug, have a nice trip :D

everything you said, was told to me by a very good friend as well :)

thanks again