• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Megamerged TDS Psychosis Thread vs. it's all going to be alright

Hey all, if anyone has experienced psychosis, specifically as a result of taking psychedelics, and you'd like to share your story, please let me know. I'm working on a documentary that explores this topic. Thanks.

Hey all, if anyone has experienced psychosis, specifically as a result of taking psychedelics, and you'd like to share your story, please let me know. I'm working on a documentary that explores this topic. Thanks.

Check out some of the other threads in TDS by searching psychosis in title threads only, there have been a bunch of threads started about the topic so I'd suggest reaching out to one of the OP's of those threads.

There have been a lot of people asking about how to handle psychosis from mental illness or substance use in TDS, so I've decided there should be a thread to go to where one can talk about such things, with no fear of judgement. This is a work in progress.

There have been a lot of people asking about how to handle psychosis from mental illness or substance use in TDS, so I've decided there should be a thread to go to where one can talk about such things, with no fear of judgement. This is a work in progress.
I like this idea

Psychosis is really misrepresented in the larger culture imo and it can be hard to find people who will treat you as a human when talking about it. I'm blessed to have only experienced it on rare occasions (it's almost entirely drug induced for me).

So i guess to start with my experience with psychosis, working through the episode can honestly leave me feeling better than i was before. My personal opinion on psychosis is that "if you thought yourself into it, you got to think your way out of it". With help of course, being alone during an episode is absolutely terrifying. Idk I guess what i'm trying to say is that if we reframed psychosis as a signal from our mind that something is wrong, and that we need to work through that bug, it could possibly become beneficial for some people. Much like the feeling of loneliness is often a signal that we need to seek help from our fellow human beings, psychosis - in my experience - may be a similar sort of deal. that something is wrong with our view of reality and that we need to work through it to grow as a person. if we treated people in episodes as working through their bugs and that this actually them trying to get better instead of treating them as dangerous, violent, or criminal i think a lot of people would benefit

i don't wanna sound cocky or arrogant and i wanna emphasize this is strictly my experience. for some people psychosis is far too traumatic to make it worthwhile. but i do stand by my point that people suffering from a psychotic episode need to be treated as human beings, not as rabid animals like large parts of our culture does now.

The pain of hypomania is that you and consensus reality aren't on the same page and you (me) ends up the loser. Its embarrassing, but worse is that at the time, I was thinking 'drugs or no drugs I've always been a little out there or off'. So its like, okay, where do we go from here, knowing there is no here to go from. In a word: frustration. Or, you're going cold turkey on your psychiatric meds not by your choice, and you're drinking and taking drugs, which your wife has a zero tolerance for. Anyway, I've always told her 'no mercy' with men when it comes to things like that. I guess I got what I asked for.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pain of hypomania is that you and consensus reality aren't on the same page and you (me) ends up the loser. Its embarrassing, but worse is that at the time, I was thinking 'drugs or no drugs I've always been a little out there or off'. So its like, okay, where do we go from here, knowing there is no here to go from. In a word: frustration. Or, you're going cold turkey on your psychiatric meds not by your choice, and you're drinking and taking drugs, which your wife has a zero tolerance for. Anyway, I've always told her 'no mercy' with men when it comes to things like that. I guess I got what I asked for.
yeah i dont think there's an easy answer to that. hopefully your wife can have some sympathy for your situation. absolutely vent that frustration here if need be

I agree. Im taking 5mg zyprexa daily for a year now for 2.5 year long psychosis. I think Im finally ready to come off it. Im pretty sure my mental is strong enough from the hardcore benzo and pregabalin and psychedelic abuse. (been avoiding abusing these)

The psychosis aint "scary" anymore. When Im psychotic people dont often even notice it (in real life). Its sick how you get used to it and how psychotic tendencies fuck up your communication.

I’ve never been on antipsychotics so I can’t speak to them personally. I know for some it’s beneficial, others not so much. The psychedelics (and marijuana) are what did me in too. Any particular reason you want to come off? People have told me that the meds don’t make them feel like their full selves. I don’t know which I would prefer myself honestly

Well for me they definitely worked like charm. I havent been paying attention to the negatives though and Ive had many many concussions so I never worked on "100%". But I got off the mania meds and no manic or even hypomanic episodes after stopping. No psychotic even hours in months. I had to grow the tolerance to stuff. I think that was the key factor. But they make me sleep for 12 hours and diminish my intellectual abilities and I dont want that.

But they make me sleep for 12 hours and diminish your intellectual abilities and I dont want that.
Yeah that would be hard for me to deal with, I understand your wanting to get off them

Sending love your way as you start your journey off the meds

can i ask you to elaborate on what you meant by “the gift of psychosis”? Because I 100% empathize with that, I’m just curious about your experience

One also needs to learn to not give a fuck

FIRST BORN OF FIRST BORN

You don't know what you think. You don't think what you know
You're a total lunatic, and afraid it's starting to show
I go beyond the lines you let define you
Line up at the table we gots lot to draw
Cause it's a thin line between a thick line and no line at all

[Verse 1]
When God cries, acrylic paint drips from his eyes
He puts a rainbow in the sky for you and I both to openly despise
I take in the last breath with the lips touchin'
And when it's all over I'll probably feel like I missed somethin'
The feel good music ain't as bad as the kiss was
And it's nothin' to say I live under construction, obstructed, distracted
Corrupted, directed abstracted. corrected conducted
And laughed at by nothin' but fascist robotic plastic psychotic toys in the attic
Crafted by bad actors turned narcotic addicts slash black magick adepts
Practicin' maskin' skin graphs with pins and needles to fool the feeble masses
So it's no obstacle to rob the soul of its only assets
Pay heavens border patrol to control the traffic
The face the angels wear is cold but classic
So with my foot on the gas the world's wishin' I crash
Cause I turned the lines they built to hold me back into an infinite graph sip it and laugh

Thank you. I hope it goes well. Im fine with being on 5mg but Id prefer being off and am going to try that soon enough.

I meant that it made me a better person. Also me wanting to see it in a positive view, if I think its sickness then to me it is sickness if you feel me. Ive also had so much fun during being psychotic that its insane... hehe.. (I used to get hypomanic and psychotic at the same time)