• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Uncontrollable Shaking/Twitching/Muscle Spasms on Weed

Drugs reacts differently on everybody. Some like weed, others not, that's just the ways it is don't worry about it... You're just missing something tho!

What Hoes said.

Maybe you're anxious? Or maybe you just don't like herb? Not everyone does.

I have a friend that just drinks booze and he's tried herb and to him it was just very boring, not exciting, and it just made him sleepy while he was high after smoking a blunt.

I'm into herb and I've smoked herb that made me feel physically cold when it was a very nice warm spring day outside and I've smokes sativa herb that made me very energetic and full of energy.

heard of this in the anxiety thread before I believe. I guess this isn't entirely uncommon, though not related to anxiety. There is a thread about twitching and spasms already.

OP, do you have a more specific question?

I've been smoking for a little while now and I'm realizing I really don't enjoy it at all. It makes me lazy and I twitch and can't think and I get in a blahhhhh mood . I really don't see the point I never have a good time . Does it just affect me differently or is this just how it is for everyone?
I might very well that weed just isnt compatible with you.
I would try out a few different strains though, as some strains give quite different effects.

So it could be related to anxiety? Because sometimes I get this weird feeling in my stomach and my heart like flutters or beats really hard out of nowhere (when I'm sober) I though it could be an anxiety attack but I wasn't sure

you could always try smoking diffrent strains like Sativa strains which are more of a head high and more energetic to Indicas that make you wanna sit or lie down and not do anything

If you think it's related to anxiety, you could try popping a low dose of your favorite benzo before smoking. Not a recreational dose, necessarily. Just enough to curb that anxiousness.

EDIT: I definitely don't recommend doing that EVERY time you smoke though. Benzo addiction/withdrawal is supposed to be one of the worst things imaginable.

i used to get the twitches wen i was younger and non tolerant , and usually wen i a uncomfortable situation.

plus weeds shit anyway ,ur right , it just makes u bored etc

once u quit ul be lovin life alot more

Last edited by a moderator:
Aha I took a benzo once cuz I was having a bad trip and It completely ended my LSD trip and I felt like I was drunk and couldn't walk and I couldn't ttalk and then I fell asleep standin up... So next time half a pill? Haha

^was it shaped like a bar? sounds like you had a lot, and bars are generally 2mg alprazolam which is a lot
I've been smoking for a little while now and I'm realizing I really don't enjoy it at all. It makes me lazy and I twitch and can't think and I get in a blahhhhh mood . I really don't see the point I never have a good time . Does it just affect me differently or is this just how it is for everyone?
well, if you are a really cool dude, with lots of talent and success, you can get a good weed high. if you're lame, all that happens is you get lazy and twitchy

lol jk

drug effects vary subjectively more than is generally noted. there are plenty of outlier effects, which can be seen by a glance at any particular drug forum here

weed makes me twitchy when it makes me nervous. it mainly only does that if it increases social anxiety. it can also decrease anxiety if i have the right frame of mind. its psychedelic effect is unpredictable

Do you smoke cigarettes or use tobacco? I found not only did tobacco caused the twitching, but it completely ruined the marijuana high.

Last edited:
the first time i smoked (it wasn't the best setting) i was shaking like crazy

I get twitchy too, usually only with skunk. I still enjoy the high, I just spaz out a bit if sitting still for a while.

I used to get random tics and twitches when I first started smoking regularly, but they seem to have pretty much disappeared as my tolerance has gone up. As has been said before though, drugs are never a uniform experience. Everyone reacts differently.

Sounds like the smoke just isn't for you.

the smoke wasn't for me at first

now it is in a beautiful symbiosis with my brain!

the smoke wasn't for me at first

now it is in a beautiful symbiosis with my brain!

Amen to that actually. I did find myself feeling horribly uncomfortable many, many times when I first started. I would clam up and mong out, whilst smells that I normally didn't mind (like heating up hash to fluff it) became acrid and almost painful to smell. I've pushed past it quite admirably and I'm now putting my brother to shame half the time, lol.

If I get really high I sometimes twitch. When I'm smoking with friends I get paranoid that they can see me twitching. haha

I Twitch

Hey guy's I twitch all the time when high, its like I'm completely chilled out and its my nervs just testing me to see if I'm still kind of there,or not ,kind of feeling I used to get the twitching well before I used Opiates, I'd say its definately a nerve thing,dunno about the tobacco ,it could be that too=D

I heard there are studies done by UCLA that explains how MJ use can cause twitching. Ill look around for them

i get a bit jittery and some twitches from weed sometimes. i dont often smoke though, it makes me a bit anxious and uncomfortable

Last edited: