• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] THC Tolerance Thread

Re: whats wrong

highroller11 said:
does this mean i should stop for awile

It means what you think of it. If you want the old high back then yes, you should quit for a while.

try using a pipe or bong. When i smoke joints i barely get high, so use a bong. Then i'll switch back after awhile. I get high off half the amount of the weed using a bong.

i've been smoking nothing but blunts for over a year, and still get just as high [minus natural tolerance that's been built up.]

"....get just as high [minus natural tolerance that's been built up."

nice job! you said absolutely nothing!

Try smoking a different strain.. Try taking a break for awhile.. Or you could always try a different way of smoking (ie: Joints, bongs, pipes, etc).

Seems those are your options.. G'luck.

If you ask if you should stop for a while in the first place, your kinda answering your own questions. Thoughts come before actions. Seeing that you've been smoking for years, chances are that your getting yourself the Kind Buds already. Whenever I hear someone suggesting to switch strains I always feel like throwing my arms up in frustration. Unless you live in amsterdam that is pie in the sky. Noone suggested this yet, smoke 1 blunt 1 time a day. Smoking a blunt at 2 then a blunt at 4 then a blunt at 8 will just give you that drawn out almost nonexsistant buzz. Save your dope for 1 nice evening blunt. In other words keep your smoking for one day down to one big session.

Switching strains doesn't have to mean you have to get better and better weed, it simply means just to switch it up a bit..

I know, in my experience, if I get the same strain for awhile, you build a tolerance to it.. I also find that if you just switch to a different one, this subsides a bit..

Different doesn't have to mean better. Perhaps I should have clarified that, or maybe that's just my experience and noone elses..

Tolerance? How long?

Just curious..how long should one NOT smoke to bring down their tolerance to marijuana?

My info: Smoked every day, multiple times a day for the first 6 months, them at least daily, once a day, for perhaps the next two years after that..then maybe 4-5 days a week for another year..

I currently smoke a couple bowls a week at the MOST, usually after a night of drinking..I sometimes go even longer in between times I smoke.

Weed has never been the same as it was those first 6 months of smoking. I used to have wonderful highs from marijuana...it increased my thought processes and my creativity. It made me feel wonderful.

In the years after that I went through some times where I couldn't smoke at all because the anxiety/weird icky feelings I would get would be overwhelming..that is what led me to reduce my pot consumption to the level it is at now.

Even when I haven't smoked in a week, I find I don't get much higher than I ever did when I was smoking a lot. I was planning on reducing my consumption even MORE...

So my questions to all of you guys are:

Have you ever taken a break from pot and found that your tolerance was lowered? How long of a break did you take? Do you think that you can take a break for long enough time that smoking would be the way it was in the begining again, or is some level of tolerance irreversable?

I'm just curious! :)

-andi

ok, well i've never quit for a long period of time. but my friend did. we had both been smoking pretty much daily fro about 2 yrs. well he quit for a month and when he smoked for the first time he got really blazed. but i was talkin to him about it, and he said its still not the same. my theory is after the first times of getting high it will never be that way again. you mind reacts different from then on. i mean you can stop, get a lot higher than you were during heavy use, but i think the anxiety/paranoia stays.

true, mine went away mostly, but the high is deffinately not the same as it used to be and i don't see it going back to that way.

i notice my tolerance goes down after even a day of not smoking =D but not by much. when i quit for a week my tolerance went down quite a bit.

yeah i find a week is a very noticeable change, although if you are not a regular (daily) smoker then you need longer gapsd to ruin your tolerance

After reading a lot I am quite confused. The one says that if you smoke everyday your tolerance after a while starts to decreasing meaning that you actually need less to get high. But the other says that if you smoke daily without a break tolerance gets very high and you need to take a long break for tolerance to lower. Now, which of the two is true. Should you smoke everyday so you will end up with a reversed tolerance or should you smoke with breaks of a few days to lower tolerance...?

smoke with breaks i reckon.

I smoked daily for 9 months, took a month off (couldn't find Mary) and smoked daily again for 2 months. In that 2 months i was smoking an 1/8 every 2 weeks of good bud, so I'd say my tolerance was lowered heavily. Now I'm blazing an eigth every 4-5 days.

Yeah, even taking a break for one day helps my tolerance, I give it two or three for nice effects and a week for mindblowing effects (although I can't really go that long without any more).

--- G.

Let's say you blow daily. In that way you build up your tolerance every day. If this structurally continues without breaks do I end up smoking 10 gram to keep up the effects or is there an roofamount (let's say 3 gram) where you always feel the effects?

I only smoke on the weekends now. Helps keep my tolerance low. Last night I smoke like 5 bowls from this one hitter. The bowls where so well packed, weed was sticking out of it. I got very chincked eye.

stiphout: What happens is that after you reach a certain amount you stop getting high, at least you don't get high in the same way :(

--- G.

Morrison's Lament said:
stiphout: What happens is that after you reach a certain amount you stop getting high, at least you don't get high in the same way :(

--- G.

But than you just take some more the next time or doesn't that help anymore? I mean if it doesn't work with 3 grams anymore the next time you take 4 grams. Or is this wrong thinking?