• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] THC Tolerance Thread

stiphout said:
Now, which of the two is true. Should you smoke everyday so you will end up with a reversed tolerance or should you smoke with breaks of a few days to lower tolerance...?

the way i see the reverse tolerance of pot is that it takes less to get you to your height, but that height is never as high as you were as a noob. but its my theory that you can never get noob height again after daily smoking for a long time. however taking a break will increase that height. a weeks good, a month pretty much cleans you out. so whateve suits you. if you smoke w/ breaks then you'll never fully saturate, depending on the length of the breaks ofcourse. i'd say moderation is the key to enjoying it, i just don't follow my own advice : (.

imo its probably best to smoke 2 or 3 times a week i'd guess. but i've never done that so i wouldn't know. good luck.

stiphout said:
But than you just take some more the next time or doesn't that help anymore? I mean if it doesn't work with 3 grams anymore the next time you take 4 grams. Or is this wrong thinking?

Wrong thinking. You'd really have to find out for yourself, but with smoking daily, the "high" just becomes everyday life. Smoke too much, you'll only experience negative "side" effects, smoke nothing or too little, you'll not feel the same and crave for more..

LMAO, that's me right there.. :(

hashish2020 said:
i think ur lungs stop absorbing it after a while

Then they'd start absorbing oxygen no more as well.. :)

I smoked a tiny bit last night and realized something (I hadn't smoked for about 5 days before)...
It was a nice high..but it's a body high...I feel stoned in my body and a slight head change but all of the euphoria/mind expaning/creativity type stuff doesn't happen anymore...Maybe I will try to leave it alone for awhile just to see...it does go nicely with my drinkin though, so I dunno...

Haha, if I take a break for half a day my tolerance goes way down. At this point, if I don't smoke in the morning, and wait until the afternoon, I'm WAY more blazed than I would be if I smoked in the morning and the afternoon. Right now I'm going for a 24 hour break... I am 17 hours and 54mins into it right now... a few more hours and I'll be blazed as fuck.

I know what you guys are thinking... but it is this way because I choose it to be. Heh, I have alot of control over my usage. I'm afraid that this won't be the case for long though, but until it isn't... put up your pipes!

after about 8 days im completely back to baseline.
the highest drop in tolerance during the first four

I noticed when I use hasj daily I have to use about 20% more the next day to get the same effect. Fact is, as I read, that taking breaks is a great way to improve the highs and make the tolerance go down.
But my question is: if the amount of hasj I take is always fixed at 0,3 gram per use do I need a longer break for the same effect than when the amount is fixed at say 0,6 gram.
So, if I always use 0,3 gram I need to take a 4 days break to get the same effect. And when my amount is fixed at 0,6 gram I only need a break of 2 days for the same effect. Or is this not true?

saturation ends at 100%. be it from smoking .3g or .6g or whatever. you can't add more. quiting lowers it, i believe something along the lines of 10-20% a day for a one time use, habitual users are sol and just have to wait.

its probably not a specific time type deal w/ this stuff. i mean everyones body is different. i can only figure, cause its the way i'd think about it, that you're trying to go the least amount of time b/w smokes and still get full effects. if so then its relative. do some tests as you're the only one that knows how you feel. try different break times/smoking amounts and find what you're comfortable w/. good luck.

Tolerance good or bad?

The natural instinct is to think, "tolerance is a curse". But is it really? 3 weeks ago my tolerance was through the roof. I had 10 days off and suddenly had zero tolerance. When I smoked again I was fully ripped. I didn't reckon it was that good. I've had 30 bongs in a day and felt less wacked than I did off those 2 cones. Sounds stupid, but I didn't like it that much heh. I got my tolerance back now though and I'm happy :) however I'm planning another break soon.

Pros of Tolerance:
---->
26.gif
High is more controlled and less paranoid. Easy to talk to authority figures and go to 7-11 even when smoking large quantities. Not tripping out and Easier to hook up with chicks
---->Below threshold high easily obtainable. Intensive work and sports ability is possible when having only 1 or 2 cones.
---->
26.gif
You get to smoke more and the action of smoking is half the fun.
---->No red eyes (usually).
---->
26.gif
You get used to feeling like shit. You dont notice the many negative effects that semi-regular smokers get. The half-life and dazed feeling that some people get for up to 3 days doesn't affect you, because your always high =)

Cons of Tolerance:
---->
30.gif
$$$$$
----> When you throw in for bud with people, they never want to smoke as much as you do.
----> Must smoke many times a day :\
---->
30.gif
Can't ever really reach the highest of highs. Law of diminishing returns. 1unit extra smoke is not equal to 1unit of marginal benefit. You reach a stage in the day when more pot doesn't neccesarily mean more 'high'; more like more tired :\

Anyway, i'd rather have a tolerance anyday
14.gif

i know people say to drink lots of water to get rid of thc traces in ur system before a drug test. so i came up with the idea to drink lots of water just to lower your tolerance. but would that work? i like my tolerance when i would smoke 1-3 times a week, but since i cant fight peer presure i figure i can smoke just about every day or two while drinking large amouts of water and have the same tolerance as i would smoking less often.

i just figured this out using a logical train of thought. it seems to make sense. anyone else agree or know for a fact whether it would?

i've posted this before , but pot has a reverse tolerance. as for drinking water to flush the system, i'd say it would help, but if you smoke everyday then no amount of water will help. waters good anyways tho so drink up

beer is also good.....so drink up.

diegoblunt, i cant believe you would think that tolerance is a good thing. i would much rather get super high off 1 bowl/cone and be high for a good 1-3 hours then have to smoke a gram a day and barely get high

depends on your tolerance ^^

if its stonking high then all the cons kick into play

if its medium - which is great, you can smoke a small joint and feel it, or smoke a huge joint and be blazed - except you are in more control, the high can be some what more entertaining...

with little or no tolerance, you smoke a little spliff you get really "dizzy" you cannot co-ordinate properly you act stupid and cant do simple tasks like kick a football properly..

mega tolerance - a huge spliff is generally jus for the taste and slight "mong" effect -also keeps you in a daze..

its all about balance...

i can smoke 10 joints a day without been stoned...

or i can smoke 1 joint a day and been high for an hour or so and then really lazy for the rest...

i prefer to keep tolerance up a bit, this works out to be a joint every 2 days or so.

Could this be a theory: it is a fact that THC attaches to fat. Now, when you go for a 5 mile run and sweat a lot you lose a lot of fat (and thus also THC). In this way you could get rid of the tolerance faster. Could this be true? (sounds logically)

well i know for damn sure, if i skateboard for a few hours, then smoke, i get ripped as fuck. As well as going into a sauna. Running will definitely work. You just need to really get your blood pumping, no around the corner jogging. Also, as someone else already posted, if you smoke then wait to come down, then smoke again, tolerance is greatly diminished.

In an another forum someone wrote this:

I smoke weed daily, when I don't run(aerobic exercise) eventually after 7 day's or so I feel sluggish. I feel like the weed stays in my body longer and I feel more burnt out. When I don't run, day after day goes by and it takes more weed to get me high. Say at the beginning of one month it only takes a bowl to get me high, by the end of the month it'll take 3. Now take another month in which I run 3 day's a week during that month, and for that whole month it'll take only 1 bowl to get me high. And when I wake up in the morning I don't feel as sluggish or burn out.

(http://www.cannabinoid.com/boards/thd6x3706.shtml)

lol diego you think just like I do... although it would be nice to have a switch or something on your head so you could choose whether you want 'tolerance mode' or 'get ripped mode' ;)