• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Strain Discussion- 3rd Backcross *ALL STRAIN TALK IN HERE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
San Fernando Valley, aka the SFV, aka "The Valley" --> OG Kush

The Valley is overrun by top-shelf OG Kush, so much so that some people want to smoke nothing else. It's one of my favorite strains, as it's such a perfect hybrid and has the most TLC (time, love, care) invested by the growers compared to other less popular strains, which means they are consistently awesome from the right dispensaries. I like to smoke other strains, too, though. Variety is a good thing. ;)

hydro schwag and amateur kush seem to frequent my area on the regs. somebody in Utah needs to step up and start a freaking ooey gooey grow-op franchise or someshit. bud was better here a couple years ago.

San Fernando Valley, aka the SFV, aka "The Valley" --> OG Kush

The Valley is overrun by top-shelf OG Kush, so much so that some people want to smoke nothing else. It's one of my favorite strains, as it's such a perfect hybrid and has the most TLC (time, love, care) invested by the growers compared to other less popular strains, which means they are consistently awesome from the right dispensaries. I like to smoke other strains, too, though. Variety is a good thing. ;)
Southern California is full of OG fiends... You can't blame 'em though, OG kush is a very consistent and high quality strain.

Soap bar.

lumpocanabis.jpg

Yeah, fuck england.

There's a difference between strains that happen to be grown by a lot of growers in a certain area such as the infamous 'OG Kush' and landraces that by definition have been grown by farmers professionally and as a hobby for personal use for decades - perhaps even for hundreds of years. The strains native to a lot of places in the US tend to be more ditch weed and escaped hemp rather than drug-cultivars. If you take an amazing strain, say some Thai landrace and grow it in many places in the northern hemisphere, within a couple of generations it will start to transform into a low THC, high CBD hemp variety not worth smoking. The reverse is true, which is why the british military had issues with machines clogging up in Lebanon. Their industrial hemp very quickly started producing such massive quantities of cannabinoid-laden sticky resin that the machines used to process the plant material would start to jam up.

On the other hand, indoors, certain strains become associated with a certain area. The UK is quite famous for producing some of the best indoor strains in the world, namely clone-only ones for example such as Liver's Blues, Psychosis and Blue Cheese (incidentally all either phenos of Skunk #1 or hacks or Skunk #1 made with Blueberry for example). Mind you some of the stuff coming from the US is starting to show a lot of promise, and no I'm not talking about just OG Kush. Amsterdam unfortunately, despite the reputation, by in large is starting to get a reputation for churning out the same old boring closet-hacked hybrids which is a shame.

Have you come across any unique strains to your location?

examples:
Elvis: (tri state area) now defunct (rip breeder)
Jerry berry - Vermont
ATF (alaska thunda fuck) - alaska
real OG kush - c.a.
chem Dawg D 4 & 1991 -
East coast sour Diesel - east coast
original diesel -ny

Some of the ones that I have heard of in Australasia in general are Papua New Guinea Gold, TePuke Thunder and Mullumbimby Madness. The only one I've tried is TePuke Thunder from New Zealand. I'm pretty sure there's lots of small scale breeders making all kinds of stuff. I know on the east coast there is Rainbow Dreaming and Mind Body Soul but that's in the sub tropics. Where I am its pretty low key and I don't know of any one with named strains.

Madness

My fav is Star Dawg- very uplifting high. East Coast Sour Diesel and Chem OG are also tops. The Chem Dawgs/OG series is very potent.

oh yea. i just picked up some sour d and the smell is phenomenal. I opened up the jar earlier and my place still reeked 3 hours later when i got home. Tastes sooooo fine.

Where I live the people who grow just make up a cool sounding name when the sell it to try and get more cash cuz of the cool name

^ you should not buy from those people because it says a lot about their character. If they're going to be dishonest like that then who's to say they haven't used toxic systemic pesticides or something equally harmful? If they're going to lie to make a quick buck then they may very well use harsh chemicals also to make a quick buck too.

Hi all-- new here, so if this post is in the wrong place please forgive and advise...

Does anyone know if Game Changer is legit? I'm told its 16% thc. Its expensive. Any advice? I'm occasional smoker and low tolerance, but prefer best quality.

Thanks.

SWIK actually gettin some "el nino" grown and apparently the shit doesnt even look like weed,so of course ill be enjoying every aspect of a couple o's.

Last edited:
not la nina? I'm interested in that one mostly because apparently it contains genetics from the mullumbimby madness. Either way tell us how it goes.

Is Huckleberry very popular? I really dig this though it seems the shit doesn't REEEKKK like I am used too. I like Sour Diesel as number one because its fucking nice. There was some medicinal weed a friend had given me once and it was the best grown dank . So fucking gooey. It tasted like cotton candy. Strawberry Kush more recentpy that shit is Reaaallly to my liking. I had skunk(legit grown) once and it was by far the most chronic stone. I am pretty damn sure it was purple and yellow haired and the smoke was a blue color almost. I was comfortably zoning for hours. I have had a lot of strains to many to name really.

not la nina? I'm interested in that one mostly because apparently it contains genetics from the mullumbimby madness. Either way tell us how it goes.

nope el nino, nd yeah buddy's saying theres mad different gens,hes getting hundreds of em cloned too so the shit might get around.

Switching strains

So before I left for school at the end of August I bought a 1/2 0 of some really, really good bud. I was smoking that for all of September every night, and into the first/second week of October. Then I was almost out so I picked up a new batch of bud that is clearly different...looks different, smells different (i.e. a different strain). I have been smoking that for about a week now.

Ever since my sleeping has been way off, and I'm feeling really anxious and depressed. The other bud almost seemed to make me "motivate" and induced a nice euphoria every night that put me to sleep like a baby. This new stuff just makes me feel groggy and like crap. Its also hard for me to tell whats going on because I finished a course of doxycycline right before the new bud, and doxy is notorious for causing depression/anxiety in some people.

If it is the bud, has anybody ever had this happen? Will my body adjust to the new strain? I'm trying to stay positive by working out, ect. Maybe I should just try another batch of something else?

Thanks for any replies

Sounds like before you had an indica, and now you have a mid grade sativa.

If you have the option, try getting one of each next time and compare them.

Status
Not open for further replies.