• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Strain Discussion- 3rd Backcross *ALL STRAIN TALK IN HERE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to reply to Folley's comment because I didn't get a chance to before it was closed-

Sorry, but you sound like a complete weed snob by saying that

Connoisseur/weed snob call it what you want, I can afford to be one because I'm a grower and am blessed to have constant access to decent weed. Not many have the chance to be so selective so I count myself lucky to be in my situation thankfully.

Last edited:
Just bought myself Mr Nice 'Spice' which is Hawaiian Indica x Hawaiian Sativa. The plan is to inbreed it for and cross it with my Lebanese plants.

Here's few pics of Spice buds:

NSFW:
IMG_24761.JPG

NSFW:
IMG_2449.JPG

NSFW:
IMG_2340.JPG

New strain with 15.8 CBD and <1% THC

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-07/05/highless-marijuana
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/03/uk-israel-marijuana-idUSLNE86201S20120703

Medical marijuana grower Tikun Olam has been developing a strain of cannabis that is high in CBD but very low in THC. It has managed to create one that has 15.8 percent CBD and less than one percent THC. This new strain is called Avidekel and seems to have the highest CBD to THC ratio of any other variant developed

Marijuana use for medical purposes is legal in Israel, with around 9,000 patients holding government licenses to use the drug to treat ailments such as chronic pain, multiple sclerosis, glaucoma, and to stimulate the appetite of patients undergoing chemotherapy.

Many of its palliative properties appear to come from a substance called cannabidiol (CBD), which some research has shown to have anti-inflammatory advantages. CBD is non-psychoactive, meaning it barely binds with the brain's receptors. As a result, people can ingest it without getting high.

Interesting development, its like the opposite of "skunk"/normal highgrade.

It's nothing new and they certainly weren't the first to develop such a strain. It won't be for everyone as well, since a lot of the beneficial medicinal properties for some people actually often come from the delta-9-THC cannabinoid itself. It will be useful for some though of course.

Sounds fcking awful - CBD loaded weed makes me depressed. Gimme some Nevilles Haze or Northern Lights.

LOL, they are not the first to create this. I have been sampling CBD strains for the last two years. The dispensary down the street from my house has a 22% CBD 1%THC strain of Cannatonic C6 CBD, here is the link:

<snip>

It is right near the bottom of the page and I have tried this. It sucks if you are trying to get high, it did nothing to me. I can see it helping those with pain and anxiety though because it made me feel loose and a little bit relaxed I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't grow this but just take a look at this plant. It's a Pahari Farmhouse landrace plant from the Real Seed company. If I can get my PF seeds to germinate I'll definitely be growing it out myself. I always find blue/purple plants to be quite attractive.

NSFW:
med_gallery_65914_4573_58978.jpg

NSFW:
med_gallery_65914_4573_135761.jpg

Last edited:

I think a few people are trying this at the moment. I think the thing they are having difficulty with is getting decent levels of both cbd and thc in one plant. CBD crew apparently have some that have equal amounts but I havent seen any test results from this project. The results that I saw some plants would have high thc and some would have high cbd but not often medium levels of both- maybe they have made some advances since then though. The only way I think this has been done effectively for medicine is by taking extracts from known high thc plants and extracts from high cbd plants and mixing them accordingly.

A great way of getting 50/50 ratios of CBD:THC is just to take one of the charas strains from the Real Seed company and to use thin layer chromatography to search for the 50/50 THC:CBD genotypes. The mostly CBD plants can be found presumptively by simply smoking. It won't get you high but because it still is psychoactive you should still feel a slight shift in consciousness. The mostly THC plants will be like most hybrids you get and the 50/50 CBD:THC plants when smoked will give a ceiling effect, above which you cannot get any higher but the high will be different subjectively too, as it will feel more 'centred' with more clarity. Despite the common misconception, strains higher in CBD are not sedative at all. The whole CBD = sedative thing is just a myth.

I can't wait to grow out my Blue Dream Haze by Cali Connections. Since Blue Dream itself is meant to be a great strain a Blue Dream Haze cross should be interesting to try. I'm also growing Lambo aka Rambo by TH Seeds. They say it is a good outdoor strain so I don't know how it'll peform indoors if it's not been bred for that growing style. We shall have to wait and see.

Picked up some Girl Scout Cookie the other day at the clinic.
Ive seen this strain at a number of clinics before, but never actually took the time to look into it. After it became available at my favorite smoking hole, I decided to pick some up.

After smoking it, I have to say, it lives up to its name. Not only does its smoke have a weird cookie like scent, its initial taste even has a faint cookie flavor. Its so weird.

The high is nice. Strong indica high with a nice sativa head buzz, nothing too intense. My mom likes it! :)

Definitely pick some up if you come across it, its a gem!

Favourite Strains?

What's your with favourite strain? I.E. northern lights, panama red, mango kush, etc. etc.

Experiences with strains?

My favourite is northern lights (cliche I know I know). Just love the feel of it.

I smoked Northern Lights for the first time 3 months ago (really hard to get here) and I loved it!, we smoke a lot of OG Kush out here and Blue Dream, Since I use those strains for pain its nice to get a buzz with them, its weird when I was younger I smoked to get high, now I smoke Medicinal weed to be rid of pain for a while. I would say those are My top 3 as of now. I would really like to try White Widow or White Rhino I heard they smoke well too.

I haven't had the opportunity to try as many pure sativas as I have hybrids (including sativa dominant hybrids) but the Ace Seeds purple haze x panama I have after a good cure is absolutely phenomenal. It's good to smoke in small amounts before bed, during the day - anytime really.

If you try NL, you have to make sure it's from the right breeder since it's one of the most reproduced strains out there.

Memorable Cannabis Strains

I have tried a number of top notch strains and some of them were quite memorable. The others were less remarkable, but they were still so much better than schwag (especially considering the care that was taken in how they were grown, processed and handled).

The most unforgettable strain I ever had was a domestic no name sativa x indica mix that had been grown outdoors. I had a few delicious hits of a joint rolled from a huge, intact top cola. I was really impressed and I left the friend's house with 4 ounces of this amazing stuff in my purse. I didn't care if my wallet was empty. When I got into my car to drive home I just sat there trying to remember how to operate my automobile. I finally got it together and I drove home very carefully in midtown downtown ATL rush hour traffic.

Another friend gave me a small sample of old school Hawaiian grown Maui wowie. He told me to put a pinch in my pipe and then take half of it out. It smelled and tasted delicious and that first one hit high nearly took my head off.

Another incredible strain I had was something called ChrystalMist. It was intensely piney and had an almost kerosene undertone to the taste. I took a couple of bong hits and absolutely nothing happened. A few minutes later it hit with a bang. It was an incredibly euphoric sativa rush. I came down to a nice plateau about an hour later and I was still feeling good for about 4 hours.

The most narcotic strain I have ever had was a particular batch of Afghani. To say it was "couchlock" would be an understatement.

Blueberry is a popular strain, but unlike some people I really don't care for the taste or smell. The high was decent enough though. If I want a fruit flavored hybrid I prefer the citrusy ones over Blueberry.

Here are some more strains I have tried. They were all quite good.

Juicy Fruit
Sweet Tooth
Hash Plant
Orange Bud
California Orange
Schnazz (this was a very nice sativa)
Northern Lights #5

Status
Not open for further replies.