Royce Da 5'9
Crooked I
Copywrite
Lupe Fiasco
Pharoahe Monch
Mykill Miers
Aesop Rock
Busdriver

and here is plenty more artists you may be interested in (not just hip-hop)

wooo Drake comin out with some hot ish lately the nigga from toronto usually Im biased aginst canadian cats, and I know thats wrong so forgive me but I kno yall heard that suxxessful joint that b een all on the radio and his freestyle, dude goes "Ima kill the game and never send my condolences"lol he ripped it

What's wrong with Canadians ? :(

Brother Ali
Living Legends
Murs
Mos Def
Eyedea and Abilities
MF Doom (dangerdoom)
Atmosphere
Grouch and Eligh
Ras Kass

What's wrong with Canadians ? :(

Your cities don't suffer from the same degree of urban beshittedness that American city centers do-- and like it or not, that's somewhat important for hiphop.

Your cities don't suffer from the same degree of urban beshittedness that American city centers do-- and like it or not, that's somewhat important for hiphop.

I saw Atl... ROLLERSKATES LOL!

but yeah, you have a point.

boys u need to look to the uk, theres some quality hip hop been going off here for years. i suggest doing some youtube searches for

Jehst, Chester P, Taskforce, Foreign Beggarz, Stig of the Dump

trust me

I saw Atl... ROLLERSKATES LOL!

but yeah, you have a point.

fear me!

NSFW:
20090507-eiykd3ciiyaxs9cnnc2eu5w4s6.jpg
20090507-edhhy8qa5xin84fg8sae76kd49.jpg
NSFW:

and then there's...

NSFW:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8014833.stm

Atlanta Vice: A new US drugs hub?

By Emilio San Pedro
BBC News, Atlanta

US ofpni.spoololife.nfofipni.spoololife.nfocipni.spoololife.nfoals believe that Atlanta has bepni.spoololife.nfocome the prinpni.spoololife.nfocipni.spoololife.nfopal dispni.spoololife.nfotripni.spoololife.nfobupni.spoololife.nfotion point for the Mexpni.spoololife.nfoipni.spoololife.nfocan drugs carpni.spoololife.nfotels in the eastpni.spoololife.nfoern and southpni.spoololife.nfoern US. "If they were makpni.spoololife.nfoing the telepni.spoololife.nfovipni.spoololife.nfosion show Miami Vice today it would probpni.spoololife.nfoapni.spoololife.nfobly be more appni.spoololife.nfopropni.spoololife.nfopripni.spoololife.nfoatepni.spoololife.nfoly calpni.spoololife.nfoled Metro Atlanta Vice, but with some distincpni.spoololife.nfotions," says Jack Kilpni.spoololife.nfolorin, direcpni.spoololife.nfotor of Atlanta's High Inpni.spoololife.nfotenpni.spoololife.nfosipni.spoololife.nfoty Drug Trafpni.spoololife.nfofickpni.spoololife.nfoing Area (HIDTA) unit.

HIDpni.spoololife.nfoTAs are anpni.spoololife.nfoti-​drug propni.spoololife.nfogrammes run by the US Ofpni.spoololife.nfofice of Napni.spoololife.nfotional Drug Conpni.spoololife.nfotrol Polpni.spoololife.nfoipni.spoololife.nfocy.

His compni.spoololife.nfoments about the seripni.spoololife.nfoouspni.spoololife.nfoness of the sitpni.spoololife.nfoupni.spoololife.nfoapni.spoololife.nfotion in Atlanta have raised more than a few eyepni.spoololife.nfobrows and atpni.spoololife.nfotractpni.spoololife.nfoed a great deal of media atpni.spoololife.nfotenpni.spoololife.nfotion in repni.spoololife.nfocent weeks.

Atlanta, after all, is best known as the ecopni.spoololife.nfonompni.spoololife.nfoic powpni.spoololife.nfoerpni.spoololife.nfohouse of the Amerpni.spoololife.nfoipni.spoololife.nfocan South - the home of powpni.spoololife.nfoerpni.spoololife.nfoful multpni.spoololife.nfoipni.spoololife.nfonapni.spoololife.nfotionals like Copni.spoololife.nfoca-​Copni.spoololife.nfola and the parpni.spoololife.nfocel serpni.spoololife.nfovice, UPS.

It seems a far cry from the drug-​fupni.spoololife.nfoelpni.spoololife.nfoled viopni.spoololife.nfolence and flashy 1980s cars and lifestyles depni.spoololife.nfopictpni.spoololife.nfoed in telepni.spoololife.nfovipni.spoololife.nfosion propni.spoololife.nfogrammes like Miami Vice.

The drugs viopni.spoololife.nfolence and the Colompni.spoololife.nfobipni.spoololife.nfoan carpni.spoololife.nfotels which ran drugs-​trafpni.spoololife.nfofickpni.spoololife.nfoing then have long ago vanpni.spoololife.nfoished from the streets of Miami, depni.spoololife.nfospite the linpni.spoololife.nfogerpni.spoololife.nfoing image. "I believe that the Mexpni.spoololife.nfoipni.spoololife.nfocan carpni.spoololife.nfotels, in takpni.spoololife.nfoing over the dispni.spoololife.nfotripni.spoololife.nfobupni.spoololife.nfotion of narpni.spoololife.nfocotics and copni.spoololife.nfocaine into the Unitpni.spoololife.nfoed States, learned some lessons from the Colompni.spoololife.nfobipni.spoololife.nfoans," says Mr Kilpni.spoololife.nfolorin.

"One of the lessons they learned is that livpni.spoololife.nfoing a big and vispni.spoololife.nfoipni.spoololife.nfoble lifestyle is cerpni.spoololife.nfotainpni.spoololife.nfoly the way to get a lot of law enpni.spoololife.nfoforpni.spoololife.nfocepni.spoololife.nfoment to pay a lot of atpni.spoololife.nfotenpni.spoololife.nfotion to you."

The gangs - mainpni.spoololife.nfoly the Sinaloa and Gulf carpni.spoololife.nfotels - keep a much lower propni.spoololife.nfofile. Not for them the flashy sports cars and luxpni.spoololife.nfoupni.spoololife.nfory homes that helped prepni.spoololife.nfocipipni.spoololife.nfotate the demise of the Colompni.spoololife.nfobipni.spoololife.nfoan trafpni.spoololife.nfofickpni.spoololife.nfoers in Miami.

but ya, we also has these, for real.
large_all-skate.jpg

Mac Dre-The Genie of the Lamp
Immortal Technique-Revolutionary Vol. 2
N.W.A.-Straight Outta Compton
Wu-Tang Clan-Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
RZA-Afro Samurai Resurrection ( it's from the video game, but the music is so good )

This is about all the rap I listen to.
Enjoy. :D

some of you listed some damn good music....but keep in mind the OP asked for "some good rap/ hip hop around these days or at least within the last 10 years or so".

wooo Drake comin out with some hot ish lately the nigga from toronto usually Im biased aginst canadian cats, and I know thats wrong so forgive me but I kno yall heard that suxxessful joint that b een all on the radio and his freestyle, dude goes "Ima kill the game and never send my condolences"lol he ripped it

hahaha drake is serious but I just realized that he's the wheelchair cat from the new degrassi... .wtf?

Oooooo shit nigga, YOU BACK!! Where you been! How is the baby! Holla at a bitch, WTF!!8o

ha kid cudi has been releasin some good shit lately.
gucci manes always comin out with stuff too.

I see Jeezy in traffic sometimes, and I can't help but think to myself that he is on some "other shit" which may not be available to the general public. It's just this feeling I get, and I can't shake it.

somone I was just introduced to (via last.fm's artist recommendation service) recently is Vakill, from Chicago, IL

dude is very sick...sounds alot like Pharoahe Monch though

Status
Not open for further replies.