• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Every Year's Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Ladybirds/ladybugs will chow down on aphids, try and find some and set them on your plants (if aphids are in fact what you have). Diatomaceous earth is a good, organic product for pest control.

Last edited:
nah its not afids its scale.today i sprayed it with some dishwashing liquid then added some vinigar to the water diterdgent mixture then scraped off the black scales again and resprayed with vinigar then washed it off.if the scales reapper tomorrow i will wrap the bottom of the stem in tape

Hope you get the scale problem fixed JS. Look's like a filthy infestation :eek:

Let us know how it goes.

I agree that it is totally my fault. I did think about it. I knew he was going to discover it. I was just hoping it would be after the first harvest at least! lol it was kind of like dying in that I knew it was going to happen eventually, I just wans't looking forward to it. He hadn't been over to the house in years then all of a sudden our whole house needed to be re-piped.

He was mostly pissed off that I didn't pull a permit to extend a circuit in the garage. And that I didn't ask him. So now I have to go get a permit for that.

It's just a complicated situation. The dude is also my employer. . . Yes, my father in-law, landlord, employer. Oh well, all is well now as long as I get the permits.

Thanks for the constructive <3. Just needed to share. The one thing that sucks about growing weed and having a lot of fun with it is that you can't really share it with anyone.

hey artificial emotion, can you pls help, i had a problem with my one and only lady, its my first grow so made loads of mistakes, but got some great advice on this thread, well wat it is i was over feeding her with the nutes so now i have stopped for 5 days and she seems to have picked up, is it poss i have caused root block or burn? I know its a hypothetical question but from your experience if she is picking up do you think she will be ok?also how long should i not feed nutes so she uses Wats in the soil, thanx

Don't worry about having to say it's hypothetical. If you don't post your location it's so unlikely you'll get busted it's not even worth thinking about.

If she's starting to pick up as you say she'll probably be okay. You can give cannabis plants a lot of abuse, to the point where they look like they're on the brink of death and before you know it, they come back to normal.

I agree that it is totally my fault. I did think about it. I knew he was going to discover it. I was just hoping it would be after the first harvest at least! lol it was kind of like dying in that I knew it was going to happen eventually, I just wans't looking forward to it. He hadn't been over to the house in years then all of a sudden our whole house needed to be re-piped.

He was mostly pissed off that I didn't pull a permit to extend a circuit in the garage. And that I didn't ask him. So now I have to go get a permit for that.

It's just a complicated situation. The dude is also my employer. . . Yes, my father in-law, landlord, employer. Oh well, all is well now as long as I get the permits.

Thanks for the constructive <3. Just needed to share. The one thing that sucks about growing weed and having a lot of fun with it is that you can't really share it with anyone.

Almost everyone I know of that has attempted to grow in a house/apartment where their parents/room mates live or where their landlord has access like that gets busted sooner or later (including Prelude, =D). I'm glad that you didn't get evicted or anything drastic like that.

The best place to grow is in a house you own, or failing that, a property where the landlord HAS to give notice they're coming to inspect. I live in a Housing Association flat who have never inspected even once and have to give at least 2 weeks notice before coming. I plan to change the locks so they can't get in without my permission even if they wanted to (this is reasonable since the previous tenant could theoretically get access to my flat).

I would hate to be in a situation where someone, whether it be a relative or not, can come and do work on your property and invade your space at a moments notice. I mean, what if you had some kind of kinky shit going on? It's not on. People need privacy whether they're growing or not!!

Last edited:
I thought this might help.

Aphid eggs vs scale insects (pics).

Scale insects:
Parthenolecanium%20corni%20large.jpg

More scale insects
Scale-Insect-Pests.jpg

Aphid eggs
Periphyllus%20maple%20aphid%20eggs%20thumb.jpg

Aphids and ants
GAAf4.jpg

Mind you it's so hard to tell from the OP's pics.

Hey guys. I just took a couple of photos I'd like to share. The buds are just starting to properly form!!

As you can see, I installed my new 1kW HPS lamp (pure, not dual spectrum, since I'm flowering and want the extra lumens a pure HPS offers over a dual spectrum since I'm not in veg). So far I'm 13 days into 12/12!!

Last edited:
I could see them, but that's probably because I was logged into the forum where they were uploaded to. I've uploaded them to Bluelight anyway, so you should be able to see them now if you click on them. i really want to upload them to photobucket so they're large enough for people to see them without having to click on them but I worry about security. Maybe someone could do it for me?

Sorry about that!

Looking good in there AE, not long now untill that room starts to stink :)

I would recommend using photobucket so the images come out to full size. Ive seen proper commercial grows get uploaded through it before with no problems, so I dont think you'll have any problems with your smaller set-up IMO.

Edit- Seeing as it's only a couple of images your uploading I could do it for you from my account if you want. I usually upload every 4 days so you could shoot me some shot's around the same time that I upload mine and i'll do em both at the same time.

Thanks Wise.

When you say 4 days, is that 4 days from now? Should I maybe send them to you in 3 days? Do you want me to set up a phoney gmail account and then using that address, email it to myself so you can download them to your computer and upload them to your photobucket account? It'll only be a couple, as you say.

---

I wondered why my EC wasn't dropping rapidly like it usually does. It seemed to be just staying constant. So, I measured the pH after calibrating my old pH meter (my relatively new Nutradip Trimeter is fecking useless as it's far too easy to damage the very delicate pH probe, so I don't bother trying to use this anymore as it's a waste of bloody time) and discovered the pH was as -low as 4-4.2!! So, I raised it gradually to 5.8 and added some Canadian Xpress Regena-a-root after realising there was some scummy stuff on the filters, in case there has been an outbreak of pythium, which I actually doubt as the roots did look okay from what I actually managed to see (it is awkward getting in there because of the setup).

I really want to change the res as I've not done this at all, not even once throughout the grow. I know it's 'common knowledge' that you need to do it every two weeks, but to be honest I've not had to do it up until now and if it's not necessary why do it? I think probably a few times throughout the grow is about right in reality. The reason I've had problems is because I've not been monitoring the pH at all up until now (usually it should be roughly self-regulating if things are right).

The problem is it's impossible to get adequate access to physically change the res manually by hand. So, I suppose I'm going to have to use a submersible pump connected to a flexible pipe which will suck up all the solution in the res underneath, which will go into a plastic tote for disposal. Is this how you guys do it? I'll have to somehow organise things so I can store 45L of RO water to put in the res when I do get around to changing it. This will of course be after I've ordered the right size flexible pipe to fit onto my Maxijet 1000 submersible pump that will be used to do it.

Last edited:
Im going to take more shots in 2 days, so you can send them then. It might be easier if I just save your images from the forum you use, provided I dont need to become a member to veiw them. Although I just remembered your post earlier you said you may need to be a member to veiw them so if that's the case through email would be good.

Checked on my girl today, and she was kinda smothered by all those lanky ferns after they blew over with heavy winds we've been having. May need to tie them all back if it happens again.

Its defently scale but GOOD NEWS! after spraying it yesterday with washwashing liquid and vinger and then scraping off the scales.I went out there today and there gone!there ants are still there but there fuck all scale left so i think shes gonna be fine =D
sorry about the quality of the photos i had to take em with my iphone.

does anyone in know what this means i went out there today and 2 leafs were like this
http://img337.imageshack.us/f/img0160j.jpg/

heres some new pics of the stem =D

http://img411.imageshack.us/i/img0157yb.jpg/

http://img706.imageshack.us/i/img0158t.jpg/

http://img819.imageshack.us/i/img0159lz.jpg/

And some bud i got the other day =D

http://img7.imageshack.us/i/img0153gn.jpg/

http://img220.imageshack.us/i/img0154tz.jpg/

Thanks for all the help again guys n gals im gonna focus on the ants now :!

It is scale after all!

I think your plants could do with a good feed. If they're outdoors you might want to think about using a better potting medium IMO as they could potentially be a lot healthier from what I can see.

JS what kind of nutes are you feeding? I find Thrive souble(sold at bunnungs) works wonder's for the plants health and can be used to condition the soil.

nah i dont think i got any vinegar in the soil if i did i put fuck all in there.Im using 10ml sea-sol and 10 mil of power feed mixed into 8ltrs of water each 2 weeks...and somtimes i mix blood and bone into the soultion

It is scale after all!

I think your plants could do with a good feed. If they're outdoors you might want to think about using a better potting medium IMO as they could potentially be a lot healthier from what I can see.

what did you have in mind on my last lot i had monsta bud as the medium and koolbloom veg