• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cooking with Cannabis

^ if you look up a guide for making cannabutter it should give you all the info you need, but no, you don't actually cook the cake with fan leaves. I'd imagine it would taste pretty awful if you did that actually. Unless the leaves are liquidized of juiced they can cause stomach irritation. If you run your hands the wrong way along a fan leaf you'll see it gives quite a lot of friction and it's this that irritates the lining of your stomach. This might be bullshit but I've heard it from more than one person, although I wouldn't like to test out the theory.

Hey, can get ounces of thai weed for incredibly cheap prices, would an ounce of thai be enough for a nice batch of cannabutter? For those that don't know thai is like 'grass' not skunk strains, but probably more thc than trim? Not sure, just trying to work out the right amounts to put in if I decide to cook with it, it's not really good enough to bother smoking

i heard that u can take a small amount of weed and make tea with it and get a really long lasting high, that comes on quicker than just eating it....i bet it tastes nasty tho

anyone ever try this?
Yes you right. I too heard this last month. But while surfing on net i saw how to make marijuana coffee and i tried at home its really nasty. If you want to try this then http://bigbudsmag.com/lifestyle/article/cannabis-chef-makes-cooking-cannabis-easy-july-2012 link can help you.

I tried a Vaped Cannabis snack the other night.

Yes, you heard right, i used vaped weed.
So basically, where the cannibinoids within cannabis have different boiling points, I can only assume that the Cake had only some if barely any THC content, but had CBD and others in that vaporize above 190 degrees c.

The effects are a very anti-anxiety high. A very relaxed body high and just a general sense of wellbeing.
...A Very Sane feeling in fact.

Cannabis chocalate

I recently helped a fellow smoker out with a few problams and was given some cannabis chocalate as a thankyou. I was told there was enough to get me nice a stoned for the evening, so i eat the lot and waited.

It tasted lovely but after an hour or 2 i felt nothing so got the bong out, which did the trick as normal. I mentioned the chocalate to my friend who doesn't no why it didnt work, as it did for everyone else?

I wondered if anyone else has tried any and what it did to them, is it because im a heavy smoker that it didnt effect me or just a 'weak' batch maybe? :\

If you have a very large tolerance and smoke a lot that could be it, or else the person who made the edible did not do it correctly.

yep yep, I'd chalk it up to a tolerance difference between you and your friend or something that went awry with the batch that your chocolates in particular were from.

That's only if you know he or she knows what they're doing with edibles, though. If it was like their first try and first batch then most likely they just fucked up somewhere along the lines and ended up with a shit product or an uneven distribution of psychoactives.

If it was like their first try and first batch then most likely they just fucked up somewhere along the lines and ended up with a shit product or an uneven distribution of psychoactives.

This is probably it. Most people make weed chocolates by melting the chocolate, then adding copious amounts of hash oil, then molding them in to "hubby bars." If that hash oil wasn't mixed in to the chocolate properly, then the potency isn't consistent.

I know he's done this many times and it a very very heavy smoker, thats why im a bit confused as to why it didnt work. Im thinking maybe il stick to burning THC rather than eating it. cheers for your help guys :)

The problem isn't that cannachocolate doesn't work, because it most certainly does as I can attest from my own experiences. I always grind up the bud and mix it in chocolate (as per the famous THC4MS recipe) and it works perfectly well. It was most likely a problem with the way your friend made it - like him not using enough or not mixing it up properly.

It can take a few hours (sometimes up to 3-4) for edibles to kick in fully. Not everyone's digestive system moves super fast. They'll hit faster on an empty stomach and washed down with a bit of warm milk.

It could also just be that for whatever reason there were no psychoactives in your chocolates. At least they tasted good?

If cannachocolate is made with bud you can tell there's bud in it because it has a very slight gritty texture and a slight taste of weed. It's not enough to make it taste bad but it's certainly there. I've not tasted cannachocolate made with hash though so I can't comment on that.

If cannachocolate is made with bud you can tell there's bud in it because it has a very slight gritty texture and a slight taste of weed. It's not enough to make it taste bad but it's certainly there. I've not tasted cannachocolate made with hash though so I can't comment on that.

It tastes like you're eating chocolate and hash oil.

-----> cooking with cannabis

Fool Proof Brownies With Cannabutter Instructions :)

Ingredients:

1 box brownie mix
1/3 cup cannabutter (melted)
one egg
water
greased brownie pan (glass or metal will, doesn't matter)

Follow instructions on brownie mix. Instead of using oil, use the same measurement of melted cannabutter, usually 1/3 a cup,
or roughly 75 ml. Bake according to instructions. Enjoy!

How I make my cannabutter for these brownies:

I make a double boiler. I melt two sticks of unsalted butter (1/2 lb) with about 1 oz of ground up product. Once melted,
I let it heat like that for 2 hours.I cover the top of the double boiler. Make sure your bottom pot of water doesn't ever
go dry! You must keep adding water. Also, stir the butter frequently.

After two hours, set the butter aside for about 10 mins.

Strain, and be sure to squeeze all the butter out of the product; there is a lot in there!

Voila! Liquid cannabutter.

I usually do the butter, then pre-heat my oven before the butter is done so by the time the butter is cooling a bit,
I'm mixing brownie batter, etc. the oven is ready for the brownies to pop in.

1 oz may seem like too much to you, so you can use 1/2 oz. I smoke medical, and smoke multiple times daily, so my
tolerance is high. Two of these brownies will get a user with a decent tolerance nice and giddy :)