• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cooking with Cannabis

Shit I thought you wanted to dissolve the THC in fish oil when I saw the title. It made me nauseous thinking about it. I have fish oil all the time and I've never noticed any potentiation. I have heard it said before but I don't know that there's any evidence to back the claim up.

Shit I thought you wanted to dissolve the THC in fish oil when I saw the title. It made me nauseous thinking about it. I have fish oil all the time and I've never noticed any potentiation. I have heard it said before but I don't know that there's any evidence to back the claim up.

I do want to dissolve the THC in fish oil. Think about it...taking your daily dose of fish oil could get you high as fuck, and I'm wondering if fish oil might be better than vegetable oil.

Personally, I'd stick to the tried and true....if you wanted to make edibles as far as taste goes fish oil would not seem to do well with brownies or anything like that.

It might make for a good tincture, but I see little on the subject...it being high in fat should be beneficial.

How much cannabis were you planning on using?

I do want to dissolve the THC in fish oil. Think about it...taking your daily dose of fish oil could get you high as fuck, and I'm wondering if fish oil might be better than vegetable oil.

Oh I see, sorry I misunderstood. If you're thinking of doing it by heating up bud in the oil you'll destroy some of the natural fatty acids. That's why some fish oil is kept refrigerated and not at room temp.

Personally, I'd stick to the tried and true....if you wanted to make edibles as far as taste goes fish oil would not seem to do well with brownies or anything like that.

It might make for a good tincture, but I see little on the subject...it being high in fat should be beneficial.

How much cannabis were you planning on using?

No plan, just curious.

Oh I see, sorry I misunderstood. If you're thinking of doing it by heating up bud in the oil you'll destroy some of the natural fatty acids. That's why some fish oil is kept refrigerated and not at room temp.

I totally agree with you about the temp, mine is kept refrigerated.

No, its a terrible choice. You don't want to use unsaturated fats for multiple reasons; they have a very low smoke point so its hard to infuse them, they don't solidify when cooled so they're hard to measure, and they don't dissolve THC as efficiently as saturated fats. The best fat to use is coconut oil, hands down.

Also, the idea that fish oil can potentiate a cannabis high (beyond the placebo effect) is bullshit.

No, its a terrible choice. You don't want to use unsaturated fats for multiple reasons; they have a very low smoke point so its hard to infuse them, they don't solidify when cooled so they're hard to measure, and they don't dissolve THC as efficiently as saturated fats. The best fat to use is coconut oil, hands down.

Also, the idea that fish oil can potentiate a cannabis high (beyond the placebo effect) is bullshit.

Not only that but it sounds disgusting. I would rather eat my own vomit than a load of fish oil. Having it in capsules is bad enough but gulping it down by the spoonful sounds pretty horrible.

Not only that but it sounds disgusting. I would rather eat my own vomit than a load of fish oil. Having it in capsules is bad enough but gulping it down by the spoonful sounds pretty horrible.

That's why I prefer getting mine from a dish of salmon, mmm... delicious fish oils! =D

drinking cannabis oil

My friend is making some cannabis oil for us to have before we fly to LA and I was wondering if we could just drink the oil straight up or
would it have to be cooked into something to become active?
Thanks
Love & Peace,
Ben

what do you mean by cannabis oil? like hash oil? BHO? yea you could ingest it orally but id imagine the taste would be overpowering. not positive about that, but when i had a medicated hash caramel from a dispensary in co, it was so strong tasting it was hard going down. and it was only 100mgs of thc. maybe someone who has actually taken it orally can chime in. you google search taking cannabis oil orally yet?

I've never done it but a friend of mine who has medical herb and a med card in his state has done this with tinctures which are available at his herb dispensary. He didn't swallow cannabis oil though but instead just drank a tincture of cannabis which is meant to be consumed orally. Why not just extract the THC into cooking oil and make brownies?

I've never used BHO or hash oil but people I know who have just would dip cigarettes or joints in it and smoke it that way, or put it on those skillet plates and heat them up to very high temperatures and inhale the vapor that way sort of like hot knifing.

Last edited:
^ agreed. I would bake some cookies and eat them before going through security, preferably as you arrive at the airport. You can get pre-made cookies mix from the supermarket so you don't have to make them from scratch.

I'd cook with it. Make anything that calls for oil, eat in the car on the way to the airport. Don't be an idiot and try and bring it through security.

merging into cooking with cannabis

Cooking weed in water

I want to make some cannabis tea by putting about 1 gram of cannabis in boiling water and let it boil for 15 minutes so the decarboxylation can take place.
After that I want to add some whole milk and butter to let the cannabinoids bind to the lipids (also for 15 minutes). But when I googled a recipe, a lot of peoplewarn that you should never let the water/milk cook because the cannabinoids will vaporize into the air, is this true? Because Wikipedia says the boiling point of THC is 157 C (315F).

I want to make some cannabis tea by putting about 1 gram of cannabis in boiling water and let it boil for 15 minutes so the decarboxylation can take place.
After that I want to add some whole milk and butter to let the cannabinoids bind to the lipids (also for 15 minutes). But when I googled a recipe, a lot of peoplewarn that you should never let the water/milk cook because the cannabinoids will vaporize into the air, is this true? Because Wikipedia says the boiling point of THC is 157 C (315F).
The cannabinoids will not vaporize into air lol.
Anyway try the recipe with soy lechitin is less gross than water+milk

That's why I add the butter and whole milk after 15 minutes. I only want to use water so the decarboxylation can take place.

Quick question, I could probably find my answer if I read this thread more but I'm not in the mood to go through it now sorry lol.

I'm about to be making some butter from 11.5g of heady nuggets, and then I'm going to make a pan of rice krispie squares.

I wanted to put all 11.5G to one stick of butter, would all of my THC absorb for sure into that? Most recipes I'm seeing online say use 7G per stick, but I want them to be a little bit more potent.

I know some of the butter will be lost, but the recipe I'm using only calls for 1/4 cup of butter (1/2 a stick.) I'm making rice krispie squares so I was just going to add all my butter into it(the whole stick minus the little bit I lost from cooking off), and have some really gooey treats I'll have to put into the fridge and eat cold. I figured I'd cut the pan into 8 pieces so I'd have 1.4G nug to each edible if I'm doing my math right. Is that enough? I've never actually made edibles on my own, I usually just rely on my friends to make them lol. I'm getting all four of my wisdom teeth out and won't be able to smoke for a week or so :(. Would like to have a little something

I have a question.. when I'm baking a cake with cannabis, I melt the weed with butter before mixing everything else..

but should I put all the weed leaves in the cake or I have to put just it`s oil?